Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Anyways it did come apart. Neil Zlowzower said there’s Dave and then there’s Diamond Dave. They are very different. Dave is always a great guy to hang with. Diamond Dave sometimes is a person you don’t want to be around. One thing I heard about Dave is he’s extremely moody and he’s got this Dr. jeckyl and Mr. Hyde type personality. You aren’t exactly sure what Dave you are going to get.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Anyways it did come apart. Neil Zlowzower said there’s Dave and then there’s Diamond Dave. They are very different. Dave is always a great guy to hang with. Diamond Dave sometimes is a person you don’t want to be around. One thing I heard about Dave is he’s extremely moody and he’s got this Dr. jeckyl and Mr. Hyde type personality. You aren’t exactly sure what Dave you are going to get.
      Monk said as much. During their tour of Britain with Black Sabbith in 1978, the mood of the entire band turned sour, as Van Halen was used to having groupies and getting laid. But Sabbith is vagina-repellant apparently and VH were a relative unknown quantity in the UK, so they didn't have many women in the crowds. This especially made Dave a prick being the narcissist he is. One of the roadies managed to pull a girl in a pub one night and caught up with the bus later the next morning after they had stopped for breakfast and this made Dave irate and while everyone else was cheering this kid, Dave said he should be fired. Monk, then touring manager, was disgusted and took a bite of Dave's uneaten hamburger when he was off sulking and this only made him more pissed and moody. Monk said he regretted it and apologized at first and said is was a joke but sort of ended up threatening Dave telling him to grow up and snap out of it.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think Noel Monk related overall that Dave was in many ways the most professional of the band when it came to schedules, traveling, and being on time. But he also said there were times he and his crew would coerce and threaten Dave when he had these fits of pouting and malingering or even went a bit off the rails. He said he wasn't around when the crew handcuffed Dave and was pissed off about it saying it was unnecessary and that he knew how to handle Dave without resorting to extremes...

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It’s rock and roll. You are dealing with people who can’t live a normal lifestyle. Many seem to have attention deficit disorder. Others have other issues. It’s a circus of screwballs and the managers tend to be more responsible screwballs. It’s a shady/dysfunctional business so shit happens. People love the dysfunction until it it self-destructs and there’s no more freak show to enjoy.

Anyways I think Noel Monk did a good job describing the fantasies of the fans and the reality behind the scenes. Now the freak show is in politics. Rock and roll looks sane compared to that.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sammy Hagar says David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs so “easy” he can sing them while..

Another prime example of his douchebaggery and moral decay. He can sing DLR era VH like his wife takes the pool boy! Thank God this loser is fading from the limelight and knows it with his desperate spin-faggitry

Sammy Hagar says David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs so “easy” he can sing them while ‘lying on his back, smoking a cigarette’
            The rocker revealed his thoughts in a recent discussion about a potential Van Halen reunion.

Sammy Hagar "will suck dick for attention"...

Singing David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs is apparently a piece of cake for Sammy Hagar, who describes them as so “easy” he could sing them while ‘lying on his back’.

READ MORE: Sammy Hagar claims he’s been ‘blocked’ from Van Halen reunion: “Alex has got a stick up his ass about something with me still”
            In a new interview with Growth TV, Hagar spoke of his willingness to participate in a Van Halen reunion project should it ever come into fruition, saying, “Oh hell yes. I would be involved, and I would insist that Dave come along somehow. He’s not so friendly.”

“He doesn’t play well with others and never has and never will, but if he didn’t want to do it, then, of course, I can always sing those songs,” the rocker explained. “Those songs are easy. I sing those songs, lying on my back, smoking a cigarette, even though I don’t smoke.”

“That would be awesome. I would say that if Alex [Van Halen] and Mike [former VH bassist Michael Anthony] are in, Mike and I are really tight; Alex is a little quirky, and I don’t know what he really wants to do.”

The rocker also added that Wolfgang Van Halen probably wouldn’t be interested in reuniting the band, saying “Wolfie is the guy, but I don’t think Wolfie wants to do that. I don’t communicate with Wolfie that much. I’m not really that close with Wolfie anymore since I was not in the band. When he was little, I was really close to Wolfie.”

Explaining that Wolfgang has got his own career going on, Hagar said, “He’s doing a great job with his own band. He’s really making it. He’s making a carbon on a name for himself. Original. And I think the coolest thing he ever did was say, ‘No. I’m not going to try to fill my dad’s shoes. I’m going to go out and be Wolfie.’ He’s got his dad’s shoes on. He’s wearing it. He’s got his dad’s heart. He’s doing the right thing.”

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-23-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Sammy Hagar says David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs so “easy” he can sing them while ‘lying on his back, smoking a cigarette’
              Well, duh. Hardy a dig - that's probably how Dave sang 'em in the first place.
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Another prime example of his douchebaggery and moral decay. He can sing DLR era VH like his wife takes the pool boy! Thank God this loser is fading from the limelight and knows it with his desperate spin-faggitry

The rocker revealed his thoughts in a recent discussion about a potential Van Halen reunion.

Sammy Hagar "will suck dick for attention"...

Singing David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs is apparently a piece of cake for Sammy Hagar, who describes them as so “easy” he could sing them while ‘lying on his back’.

READ MORE: Sammy Hagar claims he’s been ‘blocked’ from Van Halen reunion: “Alex has got a stick up his ass about something with me still”
                In a new interview with Growth TV, Hagar spoke of his willingness to participate in a Van Halen reunion project should it ever come into fruition, saying, “Oh hell yes. I would be involved, and I would insist that Dave come along somehow. He’s not so friendly.”

“He doesn’t play well with others and never has and never will, but if he didn’t want to do it, then, of course, I can always sing those songs,” the rocker explained. “Those songs are easy. I sing those songs, lying on my back, smoking a cigarette, even though I don’t smoke.”

“That would be awesome. I would say that if Alex [Van Halen] and Mike [former VH bassist Michael Anthony] are in, Mike and I are really tight; Alex is a little quirky, and I don’t know what he really wants to do.”

The rocker also added that Wolfgang Van Halen probably wouldn’t be interested in reuniting the band, saying “Wolfie is the guy, but I don’t think Wolfie wants to do that. I don’t communicate with Wolfie that much. I’m not really that close with Wolfie anymore since I was not in the band. When he was little, I was really close to Wolfie.”

Explaining that Wolfgang has got his own career going on, Hagar said, “He’s doing a great job with his own band. He’s really making it. He’s making a carbon on a name for himself. Original. And I think the coolest thing he ever did was say, ‘No. I’m not going to try to fill my dad’s shoes. I’m going to go out and be Wolfie.’ He’s got his dad’s shoes on. He’s wearing it. He’s got his dad’s heart. He’s doing the right thing.”

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/s...-easy-reunion/
                Fucking assclown.

Seriously, this guy is the worst of the worst.

Newsflash Spammy: Alex hates your guts so fuck off.

Also, he is the biggest liar on the planet. Hagar back in VH days never wanted to sing Dave songs and had no interest in doing so. I recall an interview during those years where he says so himself - "those raps are hard for me to sing". Not to mention the sweet deal Leffler made that for every CVH song Ed and Al wanted to play they would have to play a Hagar solo song. Hence why so little of CVH was played (as Ed didn't like Sam's solo material).

Yeah, so fuck off you cheeseball.
                Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 12-23-2022, 05:12 PM.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Ha! Ha! Yeah right. Sam is an old fuck with insecurities. Drives him crazy that he will never be considered the top frontman of Van Halen. Roth lives rent free in Sam’s head haunting him. Dave in 1978 could mop the floor with Sam like he was a wet maxi pad. Go ahead and cry Sam. Cry. Cry. Cry. Ha! Ha! Dave lived life so much faster than you and did more stage antics and moves than you. It’s amazing he’s still alive. Ok Sam. I want you to jump off a 12 foot drum riser Roth style and go into On Fire and scream the hell out of it. Do it! Or shut up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Mike and me are really tight. Mike is like an alien looking for my opening and love comes walking in right up my Hershey highway you can’t drive 55 on. It’s what dreams are all about.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

When he was little I was really close to Wolfie. Yikes! Pedo bear alert!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Sam really is a freak. He should be a Chicago teacher or working for the Deparment of Energy. The only difference is Sam would steal men’s luggage to sniff the dirty underwear.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Ha! Ha! Yeah right. Sam is an old fuck with insecurities. Drives him crazy that he will never be considered the top frontman of Van Halen. Roth lives rent free in Sam’s head haunting him. Dave in 1978 could mop the floor with Sam like he was a wet maxi pad. Go ahead and cry Sam. Cry. Cry. Cry. Ha! Ha! Dave lived life so much faster than you and did more stage antics and moves than you. It’s amazing he’s still alive. Ok Sam. I want you to jump off a 12 foot drum riser Roth style and go into On Fire and scream the hell out of it. Do it! Or shut up.
                          I haven't heard Roth say much about Hagar since rejoining Van Halen in 2006. Couple of comments in some podcast interviews when asked about it, and usually Roth would say something along the lines of him and Hagar being different people so obviously their approach was different, etc. Which was appropriate to my way of thinking, because who gives a shit about the Hagar vs. Roth stuff anymore? Other than lazy interviewers looking for rotten fruit to smell...

Point being that even Dave in the last 10-15 years doesn't even give a toss about Hagar.

While I suppose Hagar will be asked about Van Halen in every interview, just based on his responses clearly he still does have insecurities about the Roth-fronted Van Halen being considered the definitive one. I mean, Hagar has to be well into his 70s by now, yet is still trying to win some antiquated press war with Dave that Dave isn't even participating in...all the while making public overtures to Alex that he and Mike Anthony would be ready to give 'Van Halen' another try.

It's like, dude, Eddie is dead. Van Halen is done. Quit pissing and moaning about David Lee Roth and get on with what remains of the rest of your life. Go to Cabo. Have a drink or two. Play with your band. Stop talking about writing songs with The Ghost Of Eddie Van Halen.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dave doesn't need to worry about Hagar. Spam did one reunion tour and it was a complete fucking disaster. Dave did three tours & a (sort of) new album. Also, classic Van Halen albums continue to sell, while nobody's given a shit about Van Hagar for years.

Results speak for themselves... and Sammy hates that.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I could understand Hagar making public comments from 2007 to 2019 about how he was still up for a Van Halen tour re: Hagar's rationale. In that clearly there was a chance that the arrangement between the Van Halens and Roth could potentially sour.

Who cares now that Eddie is gone? Are there really that many people out there who want to see Sammy, Mike, Alex and someone other than Eddie Van Halen playing Van Hagar songs live?

I mean, I love CVH and have zero interest in seeing Roth, Alex, Mike and whoever (Eddie's kid, Satriani, Vai or whoever else) playing CVH tunes live.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                                I haven't heard Roth say much about Hagar since rejoining Van Halen in 2006. Couple of comments in some podcast interviews when asked about it, and usually Roth would say something along the lines of him and Hagar being different people so obviously their approach was different, etc. Which was appropriate to my way of thinking, because who gives a shit about the Hagar vs. Roth stuff anymore? Other than lazy interviewers looking for rotten fruit to smell...

Point being that even Dave in the last 10-15 years doesn't even give a toss about Hagar.

While I suppose Hagar will be asked about Van Halen in every interview, just based on his responses clearly he still does have insecurities about the Roth-fronted Van Halen being considered the definitive one. I mean, Hagar has to be well into his 70s by now, yet is still trying to win some antiquated press war with Dave that Dave isn't even participating in...all the while making public overtures to Alex that he and Mike Anthony would be ready to give 'Van Halen' another try.

It's like, dude, Eddie is dead. Van Halen is done. Quit pissing and moaning about David Lee Roth and get on with what remains of the rest of your life. Go to Cabo. Have a drink or two. Play with your band. Stop talking about writing songs with The Ghost Of Eddie Van Halen.
                                I don’t think Dave bashed Sammy that much. Heck. Van Halen was at its height and Dave wanted to strike the metal full force because it was hot. If the other guys weren’t willing Dave just took off on his own and had a good run with his own band. Most everyone in the VH office went with Dave and Ted Templeman even went with him.

Dave was happy. Sam got the biggest break ever and bashes Dave. Sorry. Why bash a previous band member that did nothing to you except open up a slot in a band you were very lucky to get. Sam is just dumb.

Comment

Working...