• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    BANDCAMP GOD DAMN IT!

Buy all of your musical shit on Bandcamp. Why? Because there is no middleman like a fucktard Bezos to steal the money that would otherwise being going directly to the artist themselves.
    LOL search for Van Halen or any known artist on that sight... you will be disappointed. Check out Van Halen 4 on there... SMH
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Silexxx
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

Here's a unboxing video of that box set. No "rarities" disc in this one. The CD and digiversion has the two Best Of songs and Live in Tokyo included if I remember correctly.

Live In Tokyo is 4 LPs so that would make it too expensive to include but would be fun if they had included 7" of Me Wise Magic / Can't Get This Stuff No More.

Maybe in 'The Collection III' with ADKOT.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        BANDCAMP GOD DAMN IT!

Buy all of your musical shit on Bandcamp. Why? Because there is no middleman like a fucktard Bezos to steal the money that would otherwise being going directly to the artist themselves.
        Bandcamp doesn't have any Van Halen. Not even Van Hagar. Just a few tribute albums, and some of those odd techno dance remixes.

They do have the entire discography of some other great bands though. Like The 77s.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
          Hmmm. No any new stuff in that box set. That "rarities" disc is a joke. Up For Breakfast remastered, yay... Didn't Sam said that there was supposed to be some unreleased stuff? Between the Two Us or something like that.
          Yeah, apparently they got lazy and wanted the same exact track listings on the vinyl & CD formats. So they took "Apolitical Blues" off of Othisblowsgoats2 and "Balicwhathefuckeverism" off of Balance and threw them on the "rarities" disc. Along with "Crossing Over" which was on the Japanese Balance but only released in the US as a B side to "I Can't Stop Huffing Glue" - a single which I have never seen, and wouldn't want to.

The remainder of tracks are the two songs from the Twister soundtrack, and those three abortions from 2004. These may well be out of print in their original form, but hardly "rarities".

I would think they would at least throw in the keyboard mix of "FInish What You Started". I remember hearing it on the radio back in 88. Don't know if it ever got an official release of any kind, but that would at least be somewhat of a "rarity".

If they truly remastered the first two albums and added some bass to them, this box might have some potential . Probably not for me, but the Van Hagar fans. Of course if the rumors are true that Alex ain't on speaking terms with Mike Sobolewski, this isn't likely to happen. Unless they overdubbed it with Wolfie playing bass... and I don't think even the sheepiest of all sheep would be happy about that.

Sammy will be happy because it gives him some slight relevance in music media again for a few weeks. But I don't see anybody else being all that overjoyed by this release.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I knew I wasn't imagining this shit.... it actually does exist.....

Yeah it sucks... it's Van Hagar, so of course. Just providing evidence of some actual "rare" Van Hagar.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Yeah it sucks... it's Van Hagar, so of course. Just providing evidence of some actual "rare" Van Hagar.
              Is it okay if I take your word re: the 'evidence' without actually listening to verify?
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Of course! I wouldn't wish that shit on anybody
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There is no way that came out of 5150. Sounds like someone trying to learn Pro Tools.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Did Pro Tools exist in 1988? This is the same version I heard on the radio way back then.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• nick500
                      Groupie
                      • Jul 2019

Did Pro Tools exist in 1988? This is the same version I heard on the radio way back then.
                      I think Pro Tools started in 1989 as Digidesign Sound Tools and was stereo only.
                      The best thing about this keyboard version Sammy the alien's vocals are mixed lower.

Comment

• Silexxx
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Sep 2010

Sounds like a underwear commercial music or something from a 80s made for TV-movie.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          I believe so... it follows the Van Halen business model, less work and the fans get nothin new...

This is the way™...
                          This is the way™

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
                            Sounds like a underwear commercial music or something from a 80s made for TV-movie.
                            OMFG Paula Abdul wants her tune back!
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-13-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Just listened to the newly remastered Humans Being on Apple Music.

Been a long time since I actually heard it.

Ed's riff was pretty good but as soon as Hagar starts with his lame lyrics and then the gay 'Shine on....shine on... that was it.

I remembered why Van Hagar sucked so much.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                Just listened to the newly remastered Humans Being on Apple Music.

Been a long time since I actually heard it.

Ed's riff was pretty good but as soon as Hagar starts with his lame lyrics and then the gay 'Shine on....shine on... that was it.

I remembered why Van Hagar sucked so much.
                                Agreed on a lot of levels...but I have no shame in admitting that THAT is one of the tracks they did that I think they did a pretty good job. It's one of the few "good" Van Hagar tracks, in my opinion.
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...