Bien dit en français mon cher ami.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    I fucking hate this fat cunt. This is fucking ridiculous.

I lived in Toronto growing up. When Hagar quit Van Halen (and during the days I used to keep an eye out for shows by anyone), Hagar NOT ONCE played Maple Leaf Gardens or Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. I don't think he even played Darien Lake Amphitheatre in Buffalo, but I could be wrong.

I've lived in Chicago now since 2007. Hagar has NEVER once played United Center or Allstate Arena. Hagar has not known the inside of an arena since his 2004 shit tour with Van Hagar...and even on that tour, they weren't selling arenas out.

On some dates, Van Hagar were selling blocks of unsold $10 seats right before the show, including, if I'm correct, Toronto. My guitar-player asked me, "Van Halen is playing next week. Are you going?" I remember saying, "Fuck that shit. I'd rather be forced at gunpoint to give a 2-hour blowjob to Dom DeLuise than have to go to that show."

I could be wrong, but I don't think even Chickenfoot played arenas. I thought they were a "theater band" at best.

I've heard Hagar say that he's had a career selling out stadiums.

Hagar has NEVER played a stadium in his career unless one counts Monsters of Rock '88 with Van Halen and SEVERAL OTHER BANDS INCLUDING METALLICA...or Van Halen OPENING FOR BON JOVI in 1995. (This gets ignored a lot...Van Halen were never HUGE in Europe, not at the same level...but with Dave in 1984, there were some big shows even if they weren't always top of the bill...in Europe, Van Halen's stock fell pretty far and they were reduced to opening for Bon Jovi by 1995...Europeans aren't that big on the Cheesehead.)
    Van Hagar tried to move to stadiums by '88 but the demand just wasn't there. So they decided to do their own Monsters of Rock which they ended up getting blown away by Metallica anyway.

CVH was destined for stadiums on the level of the Stones by '85. Noel says in his book that he was already looking to book them in for some stadium gigs as the demand for CVH on the 1984 tour was so big that promoters felt that they could only do so many multiple nights in arenas. Thus the next logical step was stadiums.

Of course the band fucked it all up.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Post SAMMY FANS BEING QUEENS OF HYPOCRISY (...and not just bad taste...)

I was perusing YouTube videos the last few days and saw some insane comments there pertaining to Dave finally calling Sam out over Sammy & Wolfgang's stupid comments and Sammy's upcoming FAKE VAN HALEN tour (there were also plenty of good comments, but check out WHAT some of these losers are saying):

. "He got called out. Dave will ALWAYS be a narcissist. Also Wolfie was there at music cares. Showing up to support. Sammy is a class act ALWAYS!"

. "Humble, not burnt out and not bitter about the past. That's why Sammy and his line up still draw the real fans and fill the stands!"

. "I was at the Sam and Dave tour in Tampa. DLR was so drunk he got booed off stage." (This is total bullshit. I read a review of the Tampa show from 2004 just to check it out. Dave played last and also got some good reviews.)

. "This tour is going to be AMAZING. Eddie is looking down and smiling on Sammy, Mikey, Joe, and Jason."

. "Thats messed up (Dave attacking Wolfgang). As far as i can tell, Wolfie seems like a good guy. At the very least, Dave needs to have enough respect and decency to not go after him like that. He's making himself look really bad."

. "Ooof. Ok. I just want to say David has his place with Van Halen and Sammy has his place with Van Halen. I have tickets to go see Wolfie. I can’t wait! I’m honored! Val and Eddie did a great job as parents. Look at this guy they created! He’s sweet and respectful and awesomely talented! Most people can’t touch that. So just be grateful for what you have because see how fast life goes! 😔 We as fans love ALL of you for all your individual contributions to entertaining and wowing us for ever! 😘😘🤘🤘see you on the road! We may not have it for long!"

. "Real classy dave...not! Poor wolfie. wolfie is a real musician and never slags on anybody. Hes a good guy and as great as his dad. We love you wolfie!"

. "I love Sammy and Michael, but I don’t see Alex and Dave ever coming on the tour. The egos are just too big…"

. "the nicest, the coolest and the cutest legend Sammy ❤"

. "I was a huge fan of DLR when I was a kid in the 80s , but kinda lost all respect for him when he took over for Howard Stern when he moved to Sirius XM . Listen to Eddie Trunk show it sounds to me that DLR is a real issue in VH world. He’s very cringy and bizarre which helps me love Sammy so much more"

. "Attacking Wolfie is just uncalled for."

. "Dave would be unknown without Eddie Alex and Mike , and that's been proven"

. "All DLR does is say stuff to get attention, regardless of how that effects others. At the end of the day it is about him and that is all he has ever shown. Then again I am not saying anything new to the conversation. Just re-affirming."

. "And once again, Sammy shows that being classy and leaving other people alone is always the way to win. Dave never shuts up about other people."
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cringe-inducing.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Dave would be unknown without Eddie Alex and Mike , and that's been proven"

And Sam would not have the money and businesses he has without Eddie, Alex, and Mike.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave named the band, for fuck’s sake. And Mike came after Dave. These people need to get their facts straight.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, these were just a handful of comments. I know it looks like it was a lot of work...but it really took me just a few minutes.

The one that got me the most was: "This tour is going to be AMAZING. Eddie is looking down and smiling on Sammy, Mikey, Joe, and Jason."

I guaran-fucking-tee you that one thing Eddie would NOT be doing is looking down on Eddie & Mike and fucking smiling. There are tickets going for almost $2000. ANYONE paying the price of a shitty used car to see this train wreck?

Imagine some guy explaining that to his wife: "Yeah, we're not paying our bills this month because I need to see Sammy play MAS TEQUILA again. But don't worry. They're calling it "Van Halen" this time and they're also playing "SOURCE OF ERECTION."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    "I was at the Sam and Dave tour in Tampa. DLR was so drunk he got booed off stage." (This is total bullshit. I read a review of the Tampa show from 2004 just to check it out. Dave played last and also got some good reviews.)
    I was there, it was 2002, Dave was on first went down very well and was not drunk at all.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wasn't at the Tampa show, but I can't even tell you how many shows I saw on the Dave and Sam tour. A bunch. I can emphatically say, of all the shows I saw on this tour and after, Dave was NEVER drunk. Especially drunk enough to affect the performance negatively. Even when he drank JD on stage, he just swigged a little and the rest he simulated jizzing on somebody in the front row.

I'm not sure if I'm more pissed at the people that wrote those ignorant comments, for sucking off Clichegar, or sucking off the chubolard.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I wasn't at the Tampa show, but I can't even tell you how many shows I saw on the Dave and Sam tour. A bunch. I can emphatically say, of all the shows I saw on this tour and after, Dave was NEVER drunk. Especially drunk enough to affect the performance negatively. Even when he drank JD on stage, he just swigged a little and the rest he simulated jizzing on somebody in the front row.

I'm not sure if I'm more pissed at the people that wrote those ignorant comments, for sucking off Clichegar, or sucking off the chubolard.
    There seems to be a lot of revisionist history coming from youtube comment nerds who constantly trash Dave. I don't get it.

Yet they all jerk off over Van Hagar crap.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    There seems to be a lot of revisionist history coming from youtube comment nerds who constantly trash Dave. I don't get it.

There can only be a few reasons.

1. They are gay.
    2. They are female.
    3. They are transitioning.
    4. They are gay but haven't realized it, or admitted it yet.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post

They're getting paid. It's Hagar's social media team; this is what they do all day, part of their job. Spam spends a lot of money on things like this to keep his name out there and gain relevancy. Because his body of work won't do it on its own.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sammy Hagar Vs Maynard James Keenan Charity Fight Is ‘In The Works’
    A potential charity event featuring a fight between Sammy Hagar and Maynard James Keenan
    is reportedly being organized following a playful altercation that sparked interest among fans.

An Instagram page named Tour Training included a video of Hagar demonstrating his newly
    acquired skills by putting a BJJ fighter in a headlock, with Maynard James Keenan filming the
    encounter for ‘legal support purposes.’

Full story at:
    https://rockcelebrities.net/sammy-ha...-in-the-works/
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hagar was at a Tool show the other night and posed for pics with their drummer.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    https://www.wxhc.com/sammy-hagar-ref...that-record-2/

Van Halen‘s two frontmen, Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth, haven’t been holding back in the press about their feelings toward each other. And while they may not be friends, that hasn’t stopped Hagar from appreciating the music Roth made with Van Halen before he took over.

Van Halen’s sixth studio album, 1984, celebrated its 40th anniversary in January and Hagar has nothing but good things to say about it.

“I was a huge fan of that record,” Hagar tells ABC Audio, noting it made him realize Eddie Van Halen was a “genius.”

Sammy was particularly impressed by Eddie’s synthesizer work on “Jump,” Van Halen’s only #1 single, sharing, “You know, Eddie, I just I fell in love with Eddie with that.”

And Hagar says he was even a little jealous after the success of “Jump,” sharing that prior to its release he always felt he was on the same level as Van Halen.

“You know, I felt I was in competition until I heard ‘Jump’ and the song went, you know, it was such a big hit,” he says. “I just went, ‘Wow, they did it.’ I was mad, I was upset.” He does note that he got over it once Van Halen asked him to join the band.

Roth left Van Halen after 1984 and was replaced by Hagar. They went on to have four #1 albums with him as frontman.

And Hagar plans to celebrate his time with Van Halen and more during his upcoming The Best of All Worlds Tour, which kicks off July 13 in West Palm Beach, Florida. A complete list of dates can be found at redrocker.com.

Copyright © 2024, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "On the same level"... Ha! He was a thousand light-year abduction by his aliens away from VH. Not the same world, and not the same universe, even.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    "On the same level"... Ha! He was a thousand light-year abduction by his aliens away from VH. Not the same world, and not the same universe, even.
    Hagar was saying stuff along those lines as far back as that 1986 MTV Van Halen Unleashed program, when he said that he didn't have anything to prove to anybody in reference to whatever possible pressure he felt being the singer for Van Halen in the wake of Roth's departure. Over time, more and more of Hagar's gaslighting came to fore, and maybe a dozen or so years ago is when Hagar started explicitly saying his solo career prior to joining Van Halen was "on the same level" as Van Halen's career had been when Roth was in the band.

As to if Hagar thought the music he was making during his solo years post-Montrose/pre-Van Hagar was as good as CVH's, well, maybe Hagar did think this. In commercial terms re: amount of albums sold, size of venues performed to...I mean, it wasn't close. Hagar had one platinum album prior to joining Van Halen (and it wasn't even a multi-platinum album), that being his last solo album prior to joining Van Halen. Hagar's tour supporting that album did have some overlap in some of the same venues Van Halen also played that year, the difference being Hagar was taking out support acts to open up his shows who had a degree of notoriety back then (such as Krokus) and would help sell tickets vs. Van Halen in 1984 who didn't have opening acts anybody had ever heard of. Another difference being that Van Halen in 1984 were playing sold-out shows multiple nights in those venues whereas Hagar was playing one-nighters.

It's just ridiculous for Hagar to act as if being tapped to join Van Halen in 1985 was anything other than a career boost from where he stood back then, yet Hagar continues to act like he was on the same level as Bruce Springsteen circa mid-1980's, selling millions upon millions of records and selling out 50k seat venues on the strength of his name alone.

It's all that gaslighting Hagar has done over the last 40 years even pertaining toward checkable factual matters that leads me to the conclusion that Hagar knows he was, is and always will be a second-rate replacement where Van Halen was concerned. Otherwise, Hagar would be comfortable with the truth, which he isn't.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-24-2024 at 05:14 PM.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah and now I guess he's a fan of Jump when in the past he has said that he hated it.

BTW just watched The Greatest Night In Pop from Netflix about making of "We Are The World" and "one of the biggest artist" that Lionel and Michael asked and wanted was Van Halen but "they were on tour". Of course Van Halen wasn't on tour in January 28 in 1985, it was in fact the day CFTH was released so Dave was probably busy with that anyway even if Van Halen would have wanted do it in the first place. Maybe Lionel didn't remember it correctly or got things mixed up but no mention of "We were on the same level" Sam at all. Bette Midler was there.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    BTW just watched The Greatest Night In Pop from Netflix about making of "We Are The World" and "one of the biggest artist" that Lionel and Michael asked and wanted was Van Halen but "they were on tour"...
    That’s crazy! I started watching that the other night, but fell asleep. Will have to check that out.

I wonder if the interest in having them involved was for Ed to lay down a hammer-on laced solo or to have Dave bowzdy bowzdy bop his way through a verse. It definitely would be an odd fit for anyone from camp VH.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ^^ I think they wanted VH/Dave to just sing on the chorus. Prince was supposed to sing the Huey Lewis solo spot on the song but didn't want to do it and suggested that he could record a guitar solo alone in another studio but Lionel said that the song doesn't need a guitar solo and they only had that one day to do it. I guess Prince was little intimidated by other artists so he didn't show up at all and they were like "How about you, Huey?" Maybe that could've been Dave if he had been there lol.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It’s great watching Sammy self-destruct. He’s such a self promoting attention whore he’s making everyone tired of seeing him pop up everywhere. When you start doing those gay cruises you are on the way out.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Which dipshit at the Links came up with this?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only "bowl" Sam will ever play:

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam just won’t stop. Now Sam is claiming Ed appeared to him in a dream and they worked on song ideas together. Sam is hell bound to resurrect Eddie. No wonder Ed’s funeral was kept secret and his ashes were sprinkled in the ocean. They had to hide the body from Sam. He would be trying to make a clone off the DNA if he could get it.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah I think he told that bogus story couple years ago. Surprised he hasn't released it yet. Maybe when that "tribute" tour starts. I bet he will try to say it that it's "the last Van Halen song" or something like that.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Soon Spammy will tell us about Ed's materializing in a piece of toothpaste inspiring him probably his "best" cheesy lyrics ever.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    Yeah I think he told that bogus story couple years ago. Surprised he hasn't released it yet. Maybe when that "tribute" tour starts. I bet he will try to say it that it's "the last Van Halen song" or something like that.
    Hagar has said so much dumb shit that I wouldn't put your scenario past him re: releasing the song or playing it on the tribute tour after a lengthy intro where he tells the crowd how he wrote it with Eddie in a dream...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has Sam been quiet lately? Maybe he's wondering about Al's book.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    seen on FB

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sammy Hagar on why he was forced out of Van Halen: “I was told that I quit”
    Tim Coffman
    Sat 13 April 2024 20:00, UK

Band relationships tend to be like marriage relationships half the time. Even though you might not be getting married or having children together, seeing the same person every day on the road and then having to come together to create something from nothing in the studio means having a closer relationship than any two people really should be. Most bands are bound for divorce court, though, and Sammy Hagar claimed that he never had a say in the matter when he left Van Halen.

By the end of Hagar’s time in the band, it didn’t look like the band was the hard rock juggernaut they once were. They could still play their asses off, but it’s not like Balance was raking in the same sales that 5150 did nearly a decade before. Considering the band’s biggest single from the record was ‘Can’t Stop Lovin’ You’, it sounded like they were dangerously close to becoming a run-of-the-mill dad band were it not for Eddie’s trademark guitar licks.

All they needed was a break, but Hagar wasn’t pleased when he came down to work on the song ‘Humans Being’ for the movie Twister. Though the soundtrack may have done decent numbers and put Van Halen in the public consciousness for a few seconds, Hagar leaving the band came after one too many disagreements with Eddie.

It’s not like Hagar was totally in the right here, though. Considering both Eddie and Alex Van Halen were from the Netherlands, there’s a good chance that they didn’t want to work with the same guy who made tracks like ‘Amsterdam’, with lines about having nothing to do but smoke weed in their home country.

For Eddie, it was already the end of the line, leading to him calling up Hagar to let him know that the band did not want him in the group anymore. It may have seemed like the right time, but for Hagar, this came right the hell out of nowhere.

Speaking with Rolling Stone, Hagar thought that he was blindsided and forced out of the group, saying, “I was told that I quit by Eddie. The phone rings, and I’m laying there with my brand-new baby. He goes, ‘You know, you always just wanted to be a solo artist, so go ahead and be one. We’re going to get Dave back in the band’. And when he said that, I flew up out of bed like I’d seen a ghost”.

Then again, maybe Eddie just wanted an excuse to stretch out. He had already been confined to what Hagar and David Lee Roth wanted before him, so maybe the third time would be the charm with Gary Cherone. It turned out three was a black magic number for him, though, leading to one of the biggest fumbles in rock history on Van Halen III.

Although Hagar eventually got back together with the band for a brief reunion, he still insisted that he never wanted to leave in the first place, explaining, “It wasn’t like he said, ‘You’re fired’. He just said, ‘You’re quitting the band. You’re leaving the band. We’re moving on without you’. Whatever. It was not my call, whatsoever”.

That being said, Hagar was also willing to forgive and forget, eventually patching things up with Eddie and having a lot of kind words to say about his former bandmate after he passed away. The Hagar years of the band may be a distant memory, but who knows what could have been had the band been able to kiss and make up rather than fight and ask questions after the fact?

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/sammy-h...uit-van-halen/

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Noticing a trend..?

Dave claims he didn't really want to quit back in 85... just wanted a musical creative break from the VH grind. Ed quited him out...

Hagar claims he didn't really want to quit back in 96... just wanted a new baby break from the VH grind. Ed quited him out...

Gary probably didn't want to quit back in 99... Ed quited him out...

Mike never wanted to quit... didn't want to quit in 2004... got a reprieve... didn't want to quit in 2006... Ed quiet quited him out...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then Ed quit. Everyone else is still alive.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed was the greatest guitar player of all time. The six pack is a testament to that title.

However....

He was a neurotic, paranoid, drug riddled, chain smoking alcoholic who in my opinion is the main culprit for the downfall of his once great band.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed definitely was his own enemy. Al realized he had a problem and from what I hear once he set his mind to cleaning up he was a way better person. Unfortunately Ed didn’t and things would have been better if he did.

Valerie is a whack job. Like Sammy she’s using her affiliation with Ed to promote herself. It’s pretty sick. Well honey, you probably helped kill him by making him so miserable he couldn’t kick the booze and cigarettes because he had to deal with you.

Thread Information