Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Hmmmm. Valerie said Ed’s favorite food was an Indonesian chicken dish his mom would make. She made it on some cooking show. Mrs. Van Halen said if you are going to marry my son, you need to learn how to cook his favorite food. Sammy’s spaghetti was not mentioned.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

But there is nothing more annoying than having someone crawl up your ass. Oh I’m coming over. We had a neighbor who would always bring a big container of soup over when she heard my wife was out of town. Her soup sucked. I appreciated that she did it at first but she kept doing it. I’m like I lived just fine single for years, I’m a great cook, I’m going to grill up a steak and make a nice Caesar salad to go with it and have a nice glass of red wine with it. I’m not eating lousy soup so don’t bring it no more! The lady died about a two years after we moved in. Her husband wasted no time getting re-married. Wife number two didn’t give a rat’s ass about me and I loved it.

I have throat cancer. I’m coming over and making you some spaghetti. Hey ass wipe. I have a tumor on my neck. You think I want to eat spaghetti in this condition? Stay the fuck away!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Hmmmm. Valerie said Ed’s favorite food was an Indonesian chicken dish his mom would make. She made it on some cooking show. Mrs. Van Halen said if you are going to marry my son, you need to learn how to cook his favorite food. Sammy’s spaghetti was not mentioned.
        I'd also guess that Valerie... being a Bertinelli... probably made Italian food a lot better than the Clown King of Velveeta would, so after she and Eddie divorced, he probably didn't eat much Italian food because it couldn't measure up. Doubt he would be so desperate for home cooked spaghetti that he would call Hagar.

Was Val a good cook? Obviously I wouldn't know... but if Wolfie is any indication.... probably.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
          "And then all of a sudden, I didn’t hear from him and he didn’t answer my texts. I left him a voicemail. “Ed. I ain’t hearing from you. Don’t make me nervous.” And so he gets back and says, “Dude, I just got out of the hospital. I got a fucking tumor on the side of my neck that just popped up that they had to remove.” I said, “I want to come and see you, Ed.” He’s going, “I’ll let you know when.” I said, “I’m going to come over. I’m going to cook for you and fuckin’ make a big old pot of spaghetti, man.”

When he lived next door, I used to cook for him all the time. So I said, “I’m going to come over and cook for you and really catch up and hey, maybe we can even write a song. Blah, blah, blah.” And he said, “Yeah, I’ll let you know.” And then I started getting less and less communication. I think the last one he wrote said, “Sorry. I’m not responding. I’m in the hospital.”

That's it. Sammy really wanted to worm his way back in. He heard Eddie was dying and wanted to write one last song with him. So that he could've said HE wrote the final Van Halen song. "I was cooking spaghetti, his favourite food, then Eddie wrote this final thing, lyrics came up to me right away, it so was beautiful" or some crap like that. He couldn't take it that Dave's reunion was a success and well liked. Now he has to make up this Eddie in my dreams-bullshit.

And apparently thanks to Dave there's no Van Hagar box set. Dave probably has a deal like Ozzy has with Sabbath that no unreleased stuff cannot be released under Sabbath name without him singing. At least that's what Tony Martin told in some interview recently about when asked about unreleased songs from his era of the band.

Or at least Sambo is blaming Dave but I think it's more likely Alex who doesn't want Sambo to make anymore money out of VH. But in Sam's mind it has to Dave because "if only Alex could pick up the phone, I could explain". No wonder his not calling back!
          Ok that is sickening.

And straight up harassment.

Poor Ed.

While in the hospital he probably regrets getting in touch with Sam and most likely realized all he wanted was to take advantage of him, make a song, release it and make money.

Sam is a disgusting piece of trash.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• MasonL
            Groupie
            • May 2022

It's pathetic and embarrassing how Sammy tries to make the comparison to AC/DC moving on after Bon Scott. It's not at all the same thing. Bon Scott died. It's very obvious that Sam knows he isn't considered a part of the band's legacy at this point and desperately wants a piece of it, especially the monetary piece of it. "I'm not about the money." Exactly what somebody who is all about money would say. And it's incredible how people buy into his "cool, friendly beach bum" pretension. He has to have guests play at his shows to tell people "people like me! I'm friends with everybody!! We're having fun!"

He needs to be thrown in the trash where he belongs. Using Ed's death as a opportunity for press and propping up his good name is the last straw.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              I'd also guess that Valerie... being a Bertinelli... probably made Italian food a lot better than the Clown King of Velveeta would, so after she and Eddie divorced, he probably didn't eat much Italian food because it couldn't measure up. Doubt he would be so desperate for home cooked spaghetti that he would call Hagar.

Was Val a good cook? Obviously I wouldn't know... but if Wolfie is any indication.... probably.
              David Bertinelli used to live in Park City, Utah when I lived there. He was a professional photographer and a ski instructor. I got to have a nice conversation with him and he said his mom and sister were great cooks and yeah lots of good Italian food. Look at one of Val’s cookbooks. There are some Bertinelli family Italian recipes there. Someone in Park City told me David had to have a heart operation not too long ago. I hope he’s ok. Nice guy.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

They cremated and poured Ed’s ashes into the Pacific Ocean so Sammy Hagar wouldn’t dig the body up. Hey Sam. It’s over.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

My sister in-law went through cancer treatments. You are sick as a dog and the last thing you are going to want is a big plate of spaghetti. Ed was like dude leave me alone, I’m sick!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MasonL
                    It's pathetic and embarrassing how Sammy tries to make the comparison to AC/DC moving on after Bon Scott. It's not at all the same thing. Bon Scott died. It's very obvious that Sam knows he isn't considered a part of the band's legacy at this point and desperately wants a piece of it, especially the monetary piece of it. "I'm not about the money." Exactly what somebody who is all about money would say. And it's incredible how people buy into his "cool, friendly beach bum" pretension. He has to have guests play at his shows to tell people "people like me! I'm friends with everybody!! We're having fun!"

He needs to be thrown in the trash where he belongs. Using Ed's death as a opportunity for press and propping up his good name is the last straw.
                    In the case of AC/DC the original singer died. Also the fans accepted the replacement and I never once heard Brian Johnson bash Bonn Scott. AC/DC rolled on with Brian and came out of the gate with him with a great album.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Sam is a professional fan. So is Dave Grohl but Dave is less of a blatant pimp and less annoying.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Well Sam and his fat side kick “deep fry everything” heart attack Guy Fire Something are pumping a Mexican spiritual experience in a square bottle. It never ends.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Val is pretty big in the television chef thing. Sam claims to be a good cook and he owns a restaurant. Has Sam ever been a guest on Val’s cooking show? He definitely would do it. She never has him on. Television is all about ratings. You would get a nice bump from the Van Hagar and Red Head sheep if they knew their party god was going to be on. Val did reach out to Dave though. Said he was a great front man and song writer. She loved his lyrics. She asked why he didn’t seem to like her and she said Dave I don’t bite. Hmmmm. Maybe Val hungry for some kosher sausage. Does she want a kosher hot dog? But she reached out to Dave saying she dug his work.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Life is a deli. Ladies tend to want a nice big warm hot dog and the guys really like the hot pastrami. The more juicy the better and really if you just have that and get it often, you are pretty damn happy. Do we really care about Astro-physics that much? Not really. We want deli food and entertainment and that’s mostly it.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Sam is more full of shit than a porta-potty at a chilli cook off.
                              This isn't really breaking news. Are you on a bender?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD

I'm sure there were some pretty good restaurants where he lived...

Comment

Working...