X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    There might have been an interesting experience with some outer space civilization, but Spammy spoilt it all as they picked him up, the dumbest earthling they could, so they thought it really wasn't worth getting their study any further.
    For the same reason the aliens always seem to target the dumbest people they can find to abduct, anally probe then return back to Earth: why is it never anybody with a scholarly degree?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      There might have been an interesting experience with some outer space civilization, but Spammy spoilt it all as they picked him up, the dumbest earthling they could, so they thought it really wasn't worth getting their study any further.
      Sammy liked the anal probing too much so they dumped him off. They were hoping to have some fun terrifying an earthling but Sam loved all the nasty shit they did to him and begged for more. When Sam was getting green showers instead of golden showers he couldn’t get enough.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Getting a bit off topic here but imagine you say to the fictional Mulder and Sculley or all their followers back in the day 'ok by 2022 we will give 5.3 billion people on earth a really high quality camera that also does video that they will carry about everywhere with them do you think any of them will get some decent footage?'

Comment

• Silexxx
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

Sammy about Eddie tribute. Super long article about Alex not answering his calls and interviewer & Sambo bashing Dave.

What a twat.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Did you quit or were you fired?

Oh, I was fired. I was told that I quit by Eddie. It was Father’s Day, Sunday morning, 9 am. The phone rings and I’m laying there with my brand new baby. He goes, “You know, you always just wanted to be a solo artist, so go ahead and be one. We’re going to get Dave back in the band.” And when he said that, I flew up out of bed like I’d seen a ghost. And I said, “Wow” and a few expletives went back and forth from me. That is not what the song “Eagles Fly” is about, but it’s the opening lines of it. [Sunday morning, nine A.M./I saw fire in the sky/I felt my heart pound in my chest/I heard an eagle cry.]
            So the opening lines of a song written years PRIOR to his firing from Van Halen are referring to his being fired from Van Halen.

Must have been another dream, just ten years earlier.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
              https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...en-1234600146/

Sammy about Eddie tribute. Super long article about Alex not answering his calls and interviewer & Sambo bashing Dave.

What a twat.
              Sam is an ass clown.

Alex doesn't answer your fucking calls cause he wants nothing to do with you.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                So the opening lines of a song written years PRIOR to his firing from Van Halen are referring to his being fired from Van Halen.

Must have been another dream, just ten years earlier.
                LOL

The biggest mistake Ed ever made was bring this asshat into the band. Actually I blame both Ed and Dave for that happening.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• MasonL
                  Groupie
                  • May 2022

Ha! In the first paragraph it says: "A few days later, we heard from Hagar's camp that he wanted to get back on the phone: He had a lot more to say about his former band."

It's comical how Sam has always brought up VH without being asked to. He got Ed, Al and Mike to join him all throughout 1986 bashing Dave, even when his name wasn't even mentioned. And of course, he can't keep his story straight. First, he had a phone call with Ed. Then he's coming to him in his dreams (creepy, morbid, and self-obsessed as hell), then he said he hadn't heard from Al in a long time, now he's saying he was contacted about a Vegas residency. He is one miserable, cold-hearted prick. And what makes it worse is that he's pretending to be some cool, humble, laid back beach bum and many people buy it! It's disgusting.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    LOL

The biggest mistake Ed ever made was bring this asshat into the band. Actually I blame both Ed and Dave for that happening.
                    Who cares what Cheddar Cheese Hagar and his side kick Hot Sauce Mike are up to. Just two pathetic, out of touch and out of reality fucks.

Comment

• MasonL
                      Groupie
                      • May 2022

What the fuck?! Just reading through the whole thing. Spam says they would Facetime and told Ed "I'm gonna make a pot of spaghetti for you." This guy is freakin unbelievable how he weaves lie after lie. Say what you will about Dave but he's let the music do the talking since 2007, outside of one or two times when he was prompted to discuss Hagar.

Honestly, who even knows if Spam talked to Ed before he passed. He could easily be making the whole thing up to make himself look better for the press. Has anyone even confirmed that? Don't think so.
                      Last edited by MasonL; 09-28-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Sam is more full of shit than a porta-potty at a chilli cook off.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Yeah Sam was so loved Alex won’t talk to him.

Comment

• Silexxx
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Sep 2010

"And then all of a sudden, I didn’t hear from him and he didn’t answer my texts. I left him a voicemail. “Ed. I ain’t hearing from you. Don’t make me nervous.” And so he gets back and says, “Dude, I just got out of the hospital. I got a fucking tumor on the side of my neck that just popped up that they had to remove.” I said, “I want to come and see you, Ed.” He’s going, “I’ll let you know when.” I said, “I’m going to come over. I’m going to cook for you and fuckin’ make a big old pot of spaghetti, man.”

When he lived next door, I used to cook for him all the time. So I said, “I’m going to come over and cook for you and really catch up and hey, maybe we can even write a song. Blah, blah, blah.” And he said, “Yeah, I’ll let you know.” And then I started getting less and less communication. I think the last one he wrote said, “Sorry. I’m not responding. I’m in the hospital.”

That's it. Sammy really wanted to worm his way back in. He heard Eddie was dying and wanted to write one last song with him. So that he could've said HE wrote the final Van Halen song. "I was cooking spaghetti, his favourite food, then Eddie wrote this final thing, lyrics came up to me right away, it so was beautiful" or some crap like that. He couldn't take it that Dave's reunion was a success and well liked. Now he has to make up this Eddie in my dreams-bullshit.

And apparently thanks to Dave there's no Van Hagar box set. Dave probably has a deal like Ozzy has with Sabbath that no unreleased stuff cannot be released under Sabbath name without him singing. At least that's what Tony Martin told in some interview recently about when asked about unreleased songs from his era of the band.

Or at least Sambo is blaming Dave but I think it's more likely Alex who doesn't want Sambo to make anymore money out of VH. But in Sam's mind it has to Dave because "if only Alex could pick up the phone, I could explain". No wonder his not calling back!
                            Last edited by Silexxx; 09-29-2022, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Valerie said Ed was done with the road. He was just happy making music to make music. Wolfgang said the reason he got in the band was Ed had gone off the wagon hard and was self-destructing. The family figured he might clean up if he had to go on tour. Ed was always a professional and he had a lot of discipline as far as the band went. Well we know how that worked. Not so good.

Who successfully cleaned up Ed was Jani. She was dealing with a brother with substance abuse problems when she met Ed. Anyways whatever she did it worked but unfortunately Ed’s health started to go. People who knew Ed said he didn’t like being the center of attention. He liked it if people just treated him like anyone else. I think at the end he just wanted to be around family and Sammy Hagar was a former band member and not considered a true friend. Why would you want Sam around dealing with cancer and other problems?

The man wanted his privacy. Most his life he had to live up to the rock god thing and hated that aspect of it. He wanted to make music and play it. He didn’t want to be worshipped.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

The last two things I heard Ed say about Sammy is he called him the little red worm and he was all about the money. Sam’s first wife said he was obsessed with money as well. But the Van Halen’s worked with Sam a few years and it ended. He was a co-worker so to speak. Not a friend.

Comment

Working...