X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The biggest myth is your daughter got famous in Hollywood and is still a virgin.
    I get/hope you are trying to make a point about how many creepy rapey producers there were in movies and music back in the day but that is a kind of nasty way to put it.

Saying that for example that Mary Bradham used her whiley ways to fuck her way to an Oscar nomination for To "Kill A Mocking Bird" at just 10 years old is just fucking creepy, misogynistic and surely almost certainly not true.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I've never been to a whole show but watching lots of clips of these things and knowing a lot of their work. if I could choose any of them to swap guitar playing ability in a Tom Hanks BIG way I can't be the only person that thinks about stuff like this a lot ) it would be Paul Gilbert.

I never listen to Mr Big or Racer X or whatever but in that environment he seems to be streaks ahead of any of the others in the moment and so much more versatile.

As far as Satriani getting involved with this or Chickenfoot in general I guess he needs to pay the bills.

The whole Chickenfoot thing to me sounds so fucking lazy and shit though. The songs sound like each album was written in a morning. It really shows how important that extra zing of being able to write great songs that Roth and Ed Van Halen had is.
      Paul Gilbert is quite entertaining and in the entertainment business it’s a good asset to have.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I get/hope you are trying to make a point about how many creepy rapey producers there were in movies and music back in the day but that is a kind of nasty way to put it.

Saying that for example that Mary Bradham used her whiley ways to fuck her way to an Oscar nomination for To "Kill A Mocking Bird" at just 10 years old is just fucking creepy, misogynistic and surely almost certainly not true.

I was joking but Hollywood has always been a cess pool. The casting couch is a thing.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Linda Blair had some nice knockers. One of my favorite movies is her in Savage Streets. By that time (early to mid 80s) she was showing up in all kinds of low budget horror and exploitation flicks.

Anyway....back on topic.

SPAMMY McFAGAR SUCKS!
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Sammy Hagar never could get into Studio 54 but if he could he would be covered in glitter sucking dicks in the balcony.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Dos anyone in a Sammy Hagar audience weigh less than 300 pounds? If you are looking to Sammy Hagar for an escape you are some lame ass motherfuckers. I’m amazed Sam doesn’t bring his butt buddy Guy on stage to throw deep fried food into the audience.

If Sam was a movie producer, the animals being auditioned for the movies wouldn’t be safe.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Dos anyone in a Sammy Hagar audience weigh less than 300 pounds? If you are looking to Sammy Hagar for an escape you are some lame ass motherfuckers. I’m amazed Sam doesn’t bring his butt buddy Guy on stage to throw deep fried food into the audience.

If Sam was a movie producer, the animals being auditioned for the movies wouldn’t be safe.
                Haha
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

So I never clicked to watch any of the songs Fagar and his peeps played on Stern.

However youtube threw one at me in my 'shorts' feed so I stumbled on them playing Good Enough from 5150.

Dave gets trashed for his diminished vocals but goddamn Hagar sounded like shit on that. But nooo hes so great blah blah blah.

FUCK SPAMMY THE FLATULENT
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I still find that 1970s underage groupies thing very weird and creepy. If say (and it has to have happened quite often) a drunk/coked Van Halen member in the early years had consensual sex with an underage groupie from time to time it's not good but it's understandable. What is super creepy is 30+ year old guys like Jimmy Page and Bill Wyman having long relationships with 14 year olds. Apart from anything else what did they talk about - how J'enny gave Matt a love bite after hockey practice and the new math teacher is just gross.' Really?
                    In the 80's and early 90's, that underage stuff was going on all the time in my town with older males and girls under the age of 18.

There was one kid who had been left back a grade twice in my high school, so when he graduated he was 20. For his Senior Prom, he took a 14-year-old Freshman girl from the school to it as his date: he had been dating her the entire year leading up to it. Nobody said or did anything about it during the school year nor at the Prom.

Plenty of girls in my Junior class who were 15, 16 or 17 would be openly dating guys in college who were 19 years old or older.

In the mid-to-late 80's, there were two instances in my high school of older male teachers (I'm talking mid-30's to early 40's), both of whom taught Industrial Arts, who married female students within a year or two of them graduating. One of the girls first encountered her future husband in his Shop Class when she was a freshman of 14 years old. Neither of the marriages resulted in either of the teachers being removed from their positions afterward. These weren't local urban legends, either: we all knew the girls as classmates, just as we all knew both of the teachers. I will say that in the case of the 14-year-old girl and the Shop teacher there was a lot of whispering going on because the two of them could often be seen walking down the halls together laughing, and said girl never dated anybody the whole time she was in high school. But that's all it was, just whispers. There wasn't an emergency PTA meeting held because of it, even after the marriages. Nobody was investigated. No local news crews showed up on campus.

Just the way it was back then.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                      Linda Blair had some nice knockers. One of my favorite movies is her in Savage Streets. By that time (early to mid 80s) she was showing up in all kinds of low budget horror and exploitation flicks.

Anyway....back on topic.

SPAMMY McFAGAR SUCKS!
                      Yeah, after Exorcist 2 flopped and she got busted for coke, she had to go the b-movie route which included lots of nudity.

Savage Streets was, agreed, one such flick where she displayed her lovely Blairs... in that flick while soaking in a bathtub.

And, also agreed, Sammy Hagar is a cheeseball.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

So I never clicked to watch any of the songs Fagar and his peeps played on Stern.

However youtube threw one at me in my 'shorts' feed so I stumbled on them playing Good Enough from 5150.

Dave gets trashed for his diminished vocals but goddamn Hagar sounded like shit on that. But nooo hes so great blah blah blah.

Sammy The Flatuent and Fartman. There’s enough gas being spewed to blow up Manhattan.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

In all honesty, I can't recall having seen or heard anything Hagar has done musically in terms of actually being able to remember now "oh, yeah, that sounded awful" more recently than some cell phone vids/audio files taken of the 2004 tour and that RnRHoF Van Halen thing in 2007 where he and Anthony played with the house band.

I do have a memory of listening to a couple tracks off the first Chickenfoot album but have no memory of what the tunes were or anything else beyond a recollection of thinking it was 'meh'. I also have a memory of having watched a clip in the last few years of Hagar and The Circle that was a video for a tune off of a recent studio album. Much like the Chickenfoot thing, I can't remember the tune now but also have a recollection of thinking as I watched the clip that it literally sounded like a tune that was knocked off in less time than it took to record re: lazy, uninspired, sort of a 'slap it together and get it out there because who gives a shit anyway, clearly we don't' type-vibe.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                            In the 80's and early 90's, that underage stuff was going on all the time in my town with older males and girls under the age of 18.

There was one kid who had been left back a grade twice in my high school, so when he graduated he was 20. For his Senior Prom, he took a 14-year-old Freshman girl from the school to it as his date: he had been dating her the entire year leading up to it. Nobody said or did anything about it during the school year nor at the Prom.

Plenty of girls in my Junior class who were 15, 16 or 17 would be openly dating guys in college who were 19 years old or older.

In the mid-to-late 80's, there were two instances in my high school of older male teachers (I'm talking mid-30's to early 40's), both of whom taught Industrial Arts, who married female students within a year or two of them graduating. One of the girls first encountered her future husband in his Shop Class when she was a freshman of 14 years old. Neither of the marriages resulted in either of the teachers being removed from their positions afterward. These weren't local urban legends, either: we all knew the girls as classmates, just as we all knew both of the teachers. I will say that in the case of the 14-year-old girl and the Shop teacher there was a lot of whispering going on because the two of them could often be seen walking down the halls together laughing, and said girl never dated anybody the whole time she was in high school. But that's all it was, just whispers. There wasn't an emergency PTA meeting held because of it, even after the marriages. Nobody was investigated. No local news crews showed up on campus.

Just the way it was back then.
                            I think part of it was society was prudish about talking about sex, so due to social politeness a lot was ignored and swept under the rug. Today people have no problem talking about the teachers banging the kids.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The new album should be called LAME AS FUCK shitty songs for shitheads.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                                Yeah, after Exorcist 2 flopped and she got busted for coke, she had to go the b-movie route which included lots of nudity.

Savage Streets was, agreed, one such flick where she displayed her lovely Blairs... in that flick while soaking in a bathtub.
                                Yeah man she had a nice pair of yummies.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...