Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Dave only goes after people when they go after him first. Sammy could never leave it alone, even when he got invited to be in the band. I would bet money that Patty Smyth would have never said a bad word about Dave if she had said yes to Ed’s invitation.

Comment

• Catfish
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      Dave only goes after people when they go after him first. Sammy could never leave it alone, even when he got invited to be in the band. I would bet money that Patty Smyth would have never said a bad word about Dave if she had said yes to Ed’s invitation.
      Patty Smyth or Darryl Hall or Steve Perry or anyone else they asked to join VH before settling for Spam.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
        Patty Smyth or Darryl Hall or Steve Perry or anyone else they asked to join VH before settling for Spam.
        Ed was clearly a drunken, coked up, neurotic mess in 1985 to consider all those singers to be the next vocalist for VH.

Then again he ended up picking Sam.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can't be bothered listening to more than 5 or 10 minutes of this shit but maybe someone else can.

In the bits I did listen to he says 'Only pop bands have diamond selling albums', 'He sold 7 or 8 million per album with Van Halen 46 million in total', he only found out after he was sacked that he wasn't 1st choice replacement but that was because Ed was asking barmen to join and he was fucking Patty Smith, they only did 2 CVH songs on the 1st tour (they did 4), he was selling out arenas in 2001 before tour with Dave and so on.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just for the record Hagar repeatedly goes on about how he was playing big arenas before the tour with Dave in 2002 but then out of the goodness of his heart split the money evenly.

It's just total bullshit. Why the fuck would he?

If we take Florida for example he didn't play it in 2001 or 2000, in 1999 he played the Hard Rock Orlando.

In 2002 I was at a sold out gig on the Roth Hagar tour which was at the Tampa Ice Palace arena with 21 000!

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hagarelli played Nautica Stage here in 1997, which is a 5000 seat outdoor venue.

2001 saw him at Cleveland's Odeon (1,000 capacity) and Akron Civic Theater (just shy of 2,600) on back to back days. Weird.

He did play Blossom in 1999. A sellout would probably be 17,000, I don't remember the exact number.

While he may have been selling out venues, they weren't arenas from 1997 to 2002.

If we look at immediate post-VH success, Dave takes it. Arena and outdoor amphitheater tours in support of the first three solo albums, and big selling albums. Hagar got demoted to 5,000 seaters his first solo tour out of VH. So...fuck him!
              Last edited by twonabomber; 02-10-2024, 05:07 AM.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                Hagarelli played Nautica Stage here in 1997, which is a 5000 seat outdoor venue.

2001 saw him at Cleveland's Odeon (1,000 capacity) and Akron Civic Theater (just shy of 2,600) on back to back days. Weird.

He did play Blossom in 1999. A sellout would probably be 17,000, I don't remember the exact number.

While he may have been selling out venues, they weren't arenas from 1997 to 2002.

If we look at immediate post-VH success, Dave takes it. Arena and outdoor amphitheater tours in support of the first three solo albums, and big selling albums. Hagar got demoted to 5,000 seaters his first solo tour out of VH. So...fuck him!
                I fucking hate this fat cunt. This is fucking ridiculous.

I lived in Toronto growing up. When Hagar quit Van Halen (and during the days I used to keep an eye out for shows by anyone), Hagar NOT ONCE played Maple Leaf Gardens or Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. I don't think he even played Darien Lake Amphitheatre in Buffalo, but I could be wrong.

I've lived in Chicago now since 2007. Hagar has NEVER once played United Center or Allstate Arena. Hagar has not known the inside of an arena since his 2004 shit tour with Van Hagar...and even on that tour, they weren't selling arenas out.

On some dates, Van Hagar were selling blocks of unsold $10 seats right before the show, including, if I'm correct, Toronto. My guitar-player asked me, "Van Halen is playing next week. Are you going?" I remember saying, "Fuck that shit. I'd rather be forced at gunpoint to give a 2-hour blowjob to Dom DeLuise than have to go to that show."

I could be wrong, but I don't think even Chickenfoot played arenas. I thought they were a "theater band" at best.

I've heard Hagar say that he's had a career selling out stadiums.

Hagar has NEVER played a stadium in his career unless one counts Monsters of Rock '88 with Van Halen and SEVERAL OTHER BANDS INCLUDING METALLICA...or Van Halen OPENING FOR BON JOVI in 1995. (This gets ignored a lot...Van Halen were never HUGE in Europe, not at the same level...but with Dave in 1984, there were some big shows even if they weren't always top of the bill...in Europe, Van Halen's stock fell pretty far and they were reduced to opening for Bon Jovi by 1995...Europeans aren't that big on the Cheesehead.)
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also it just occurred to me even ignoring facts how fucking ludicrous the 46 million but no diamond albums only pop artists have diamond albums claim he made is.

He only made 4 albums with Van Halen plus that shitty live thing. So he is claiming they all sold 9 million!!??? Fucking twat and fuck the lazy interviewers that allow this shit.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    I lived in Toronto growing up. When Hagar quit Van Halen (and during the days I used to keep an eye out for shows by anyone), Hagar NOT ONCE played Maple Leaf Gardens or Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. I don't think he even played Darien Lake Amphitheatre in Buffalo, but I could be wrong.
                    There's a tour history on his site.

Hagar also played the Toledo Zoo Amphitheater in July of 1997. That's a 4,500 seat venue.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Official statistics, and his own goddamn site prove him wrong... What a shameless moron.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                        What a shameless moron.

Un choix de mots parfait mon ami.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Un choix de mots parfait mon ami.
                          Bien dit en français mon cher ami.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            I fucking hate this fat cunt. This is fucking ridiculous.

I've lived in Chicago now since 2007. Hagar has NEVER once played United Center or Allstate Arena. Hagar has not known the inside of an arena since his 2004 shit tour with Van Hagar...and even on that tour, they weren't selling arenas out.

On some dates, Van Hagar were selling blocks of unsold $10 seats right before the show, including, if I'm correct, Toronto. My guitar-player asked me, "Van Halen is playing next week. Are you going?" I remember saying, "Fuck that shit. I'd rather be forced at gunpoint to give a 2-hour blowjob to Dom DeLuise than have to go to that show."

I could be wrong, but I don't think even Chickenfoot played arenas. I thought they were a "theater band" at best.

I've heard Hagar say that he's had a career selling out stadiums.

Hagar has NEVER played a stadium in his career unless one counts Monsters of Rock '88 with Van Halen and SEVERAL OTHER BANDS INCLUDING METALLICA...or Van Halen OPENING FOR BON JOVI in 1995. (This gets ignored a lot...Van Halen were never HUGE in Europe, not at the same level...but with Dave in 1984, there were some big shows even if they weren't always top of the bill...in Europe, Van Halen's stock fell pretty far and they were reduced to opening for Bon Jovi by 1995...Europeans aren't that big on the Cheesehead.)
                            Van Hagar tried to move to stadiums by '88 but the demand just wasn't there. So they decided to do their own Monsters of Rock which they ended up getting blown away by Metallica anyway.

CVH was destined for stadiums on the level of the Stones by '85. Noel says in his book that he was already looking to book them in for some stadium gigs as the demand for CVH on the 1984 tour was so big that promoters felt that they could only do so many multiple nights in arenas. Thus the next logical step was stadiums.

Of course the band fucked it all up.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

SAMMY FANS BEING QUEENS OF HYPOCRISY (...and not just bad taste...)

I was perusing YouTube videos the last few days and saw some insane comments there pertaining to Dave finally calling Sam out over Sammy & Wolfgang's stupid comments and Sammy's upcoming FAKE VAN HALEN tour (there were also plenty of good comments, but check out WHAT some of these losers are saying):

. "He got called out. Dave will ALWAYS be a narcissist. Also Wolfie was there at music cares. Showing up to support. Sammy is a class act ALWAYS!"

. "Humble, not burnt out and not bitter about the past. That's why Sammy and his line up still draw the real fans and fill the stands!"

. "I was at the Sam and Dave tour in Tampa. DLR was so drunk he got booed off stage." (This is total bullshit. I read a review of the Tampa show from 2004 just to check it out. Dave played last and also got some good reviews.)

. "This tour is going to be AMAZING. Eddie is looking down and smiling on Sammy, Mikey, Joe, and Jason."

. "Thats messed up (Dave attacking Wolfgang). As far as i can tell, Wolfie seems like a good guy. At the very least, Dave needs to have enough respect and decency to not go after him like that. He's making himself look really bad."

. "Ooof. Ok. I just want to say David has his place with Van Halen and Sammy has his place with Van Halen. I have tickets to go see Wolfie. I can’t wait! I’m honored! Val and Eddie did a great job as parents. Look at this guy they created! He’s sweet and respectful and awesomely talented! Most people can’t touch that. So just be grateful for what you have because see how fast life goes! 😔 We as fans love ALL of you for all your individual contributions to entertaining and wowing us for ever! 😘😘🤘🤘see you on the road! We may not have it for long!"

. "Real classy dave...not! Poor wolfie. wolfie is a real musician and never slags on anybody. Hes a good guy and as great as his dad. We love you wolfie!"

. "I love Sammy and Michael, but I don’t see Alex and Dave ever coming on the tour. The egos are just too big…"

. "the nicest, the coolest and the cutest legend Sammy ❤"

. "I was a huge fan of DLR when I was a kid in the 80s , but kinda lost all respect for him when he took over for Howard Stern when he moved to Sirius XM . Listen to Eddie Trunk show it sounds to me that DLR is a real issue in VH world. He’s very cringy and bizarre which helps me love Sammy so much more"

. "Attacking Wolfie is just uncalled for."

. "Dave would be unknown without Eddie Alex and Mike , and that's been proven"

. "All DLR does is say stuff to get attention, regardless of how that effects others. At the end of the day it is about him and that is all he has ever shown. Then again I am not saying anything new to the conversation. Just re-affirming."

. "And once again, Sammy shows that being classy and leaving other people alone is always the way to win. Dave never shuts up about other people."
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Cringe-inducing.

Comment

Working...