No announcement yet.

Sam Just Won’t Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ I think they wanted VH/Dave to just sing on the chorus. Prince was supposed to sing the Huey Lewis solo spot on the song but didn't want to do it and suggested that he could record a guitar solo alone in another studio but Lionel said that the song doesn't need a guitar solo and they only had that one day to do it. I guess Prince was little intimidated by other artists so he didn't show up at all and they were like "How about you, Huey?" Maybe that could've been Dave if he had been there lol.

Comment

• It’s great watching Sammy self-destruct. He’s such a self promoting attention whore he’s making everyone tired of seeing him pop up everywhere. When you start doing those gay cruises you are on the way out.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Which dipshit at the Links came up with this?

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• The only "bowl" Sam will ever play:

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Sam just won’t stop. Now Sam is claiming Ed appeared to him in a dream and they worked on song ideas together. Sam is hell bound to resurrect Eddie. No wonder Ed’s funeral was kept secret and his ashes were sprinkled in the ocean. They had to hide the body from Sam. He would be trying to make a clone off the DNA if he could get it.

Comment

• Yeah I think he told that bogus story couple years ago. Surprised he hasn't released it yet. Maybe when that "tribute" tour starts. I bet he will try to say it that it's "the last Van Halen song" or something like that.

Comment

• Soon Spammy will tell us about Ed's materializing in a piece of toothpaste inspiring him probably his "best" cheesy lyrics ever.
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silexxx View Post
                      Yeah I think he told that bogus story couple years ago. Surprised he hasn't released it yet. Maybe when that "tribute" tour starts. I bet he will try to say it that it's "the last Van Halen song" or something like that.
                      Hagar has said so much dumb shit that I wouldn't put your scenario past him re: releasing the song or playing it on the tribute tour after a lengthy intro where he tells the crowd how he wrote it with Eddie in a dream...
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Has Sam been quiet lately? Maybe he's wondering about Al's book.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• seen on FB

Comment

• Sammy Hagar on why he was forced out of Van Halen: “I was told that I quit”
                            Tim Coffman
                            Sat 13 April 2024 20:00, UK

Band relationships tend to be like marriage relationships half the time. Even though you might not be getting married or having children together, seeing the same person every day on the road and then having to come together to create something from nothing in the studio means having a closer relationship than any two people really should be. Most bands are bound for divorce court, though, and Sammy Hagar claimed that he never had a say in the matter when he left Van Halen.

By the end of Hagar’s time in the band, it didn’t look like the band was the hard rock juggernaut they once were. They could still play their asses off, but it’s not like Balance was raking in the same sales that 5150 did nearly a decade before. Considering the band’s biggest single from the record was ‘Can’t Stop Lovin’ You’, it sounded like they were dangerously close to becoming a run-of-the-mill dad band were it not for Eddie’s trademark guitar licks.

All they needed was a break, but Hagar wasn’t pleased when he came down to work on the song ‘Humans Being’ for the movie Twister. Though the soundtrack may have done decent numbers and put Van Halen in the public consciousness for a few seconds, Hagar leaving the band came after one too many disagreements with Eddie.

It’s not like Hagar was totally in the right here, though. Considering both Eddie and Alex Van Halen were from the Netherlands, there’s a good chance that they didn’t want to work with the same guy who made tracks like ‘Amsterdam’, with lines about having nothing to do but smoke weed in their home country.

For Eddie, it was already the end of the line, leading to him calling up Hagar to let him know that the band did not want him in the group anymore. It may have seemed like the right time, but for Hagar, this came right the hell out of nowhere.

Speaking with Rolling Stone, Hagar thought that he was blindsided and forced out of the group, saying, “I was told that I quit by Eddie. The phone rings, and I’m laying there with my brand-new baby. He goes, ‘You know, you always just wanted to be a solo artist, so go ahead and be one. We’re going to get Dave back in the band’. And when he said that, I flew up out of bed like I’d seen a ghost”.

Then again, maybe Eddie just wanted an excuse to stretch out. He had already been confined to what Hagar and David Lee Roth wanted before him, so maybe the third time would be the charm with Gary Cherone. It turned out three was a black magic number for him, though, leading to one of the biggest fumbles in rock history on Van Halen III.

Although Hagar eventually got back together with the band for a brief reunion, he still insisted that he never wanted to leave in the first place, explaining, “It wasn’t like he said, ‘You’re fired’. He just said, ‘You’re quitting the band. You’re leaving the band. We’re moving on without you’. Whatever. It was not my call, whatsoever”.

That being said, Hagar was also willing to forgive and forget, eventually patching things up with Eddie and having a lot of kind words to say about his former bandmate after he passed away. The Hagar years of the band may be a distant memory, but who knows what could have been had the band been able to kiss and make up rather than fight and ask questions after the fact?

Van Halen may have been given new life with Sammy Hagar, but he felt that he was unceremoniously dropped from the band against his will.

Comment

• Noticing a trend..?

Dave claims he didn't really want to quit back in 85... just wanted a musical creative break from the VH grind. Ed quited him out...

Hagar claims he didn't really want to quit back in 96... just wanted a new baby break from the VH grind. Ed quited him out...

Gary probably didn't want to quit back in 99... Ed quited him out...

Mike never wanted to quit... didn't want to quit in 2004... got a reprieve... didn't want to quit in 2006... Ed quiet quited him out...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Then Ed quit. Everyone else is still alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X