X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    This guy (surely he must be a member here) does a great job from about 7 minutes in of going through all the Sammy Hagar bullshit and lies over the years.

That guy is way too cool for this place.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Eddie Trunk, that guy is such a fucking Sammy nut-swinger!" --On Trunk parroting Sammy's lies about the 1984 Tour....

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Trunk and Hagar deserve one another.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Amazing how a B-grade level performer in Hagar gets an A & E Bio doc.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Silexxx
            Head Fluffer
            • Sep 2010

Is your favorite lyric from “Father Time” the same as Sammy’s? Find out and let us know! Stream/buy 'Crazy Times' here: https://sammyhagar.lnk.to/CrazyTimesI...

Sam's favorite lyrics from his new song? Well it's the "when was last time you did something for the first time" quete that Dave used ADKOT. 11 years ago.

Comment

• Silexxx
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

Sammy Hagar, who, along with fellow ex-VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth, spent the summer of 2002 co-headlining the laboriously titled "Sammy Hagar And David Lee Roth Tour 2002: Song For Song, The Heavyweight Champs Of Rock And Roll", is once again dissing Diamond Dave's oversize ego and deteriorat...

Hagar reflected on the 2002 run of shows during a recent appearance on Steve-O's "Wild Ride!" podcast. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "At that time [Roth] didn't have a solo career, really. I mean, he did, but he wasn't selling out. I was selling out arenas. I was selling out amphitheaters as Sammy Hagar with the WABOS. And I had a solo career.

"Ask Mick Jagger. Ask Robert Plant. You can be the biggest band in the world and you can't necessarily have a solo career," he continued. "But I had a solo career. So when I joined the big band, I went back to my solo career, I'm good. I still sell a lot of tickets. Dave, he had that sort of a big album, one kind of a big album, but he didn't have a solo career. He was playing small places. So when he came in with me, he was making, like, 25 grand a night, I was making 150 grand a night, and they said, 'Oh, you guys are gonna make the same money. Dave gets to make 150.' I said, 'He ain't fucking made 150 in his life except in VAN HALEN.' But I said, 'I've gotta do this.' So I bent over backwards. And he still always tried to fuck with the rules. He's not a fun guy. He doesn't play well with others. I'm not sure what his problem is… He just always is about, 'How can I make this guy look bad?' And not just me — in life. He's a chest-beating motherfucker. And God bless him, 'cause the early stuff is frickin' great. I personally, I've tried to say… [I thought] he'd be a fun guy to know. But he ain't like that. He ain't like his persona. When you get around him, he ain't that guy. He's some other cat. [Laughs]"

Hagar went on to praise Roth's skills as an entertainer, saying: "He's a showman. Hey, listen, I'm a showman too. But that's his gig. He doesn't care about singing. If he did, he'd take care of his voice or he'd take voice lessons and get warmed up and do something. 'Cause the guy sang so bad last time he was doing shows, it was embarrassing… But he's a showman. Everything's show, show, show, show, show, show, show. And he doesn't care about his voice, which drives me nuts, man. I care more about my voice than I do my dick. If my dick didn't work a couple of times, I'd be okay with it — I'd be bummed out — but if my voice fucks up onstage, I'm fucking bummed, man."

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Easily debunked.

When Hagar left VH and toured Marching To Mars, he didn't play big rooms. He played Nautica Stage here in Cleveland, which is a 5,000 seat outdoor stage under a tent. A few days later he played the amphitheater at the Toledo Zoo, which is a 4500 seat venue. And down the street from where I lived as a toddler lol.

Here's the link to his '97 tour dates https://www.vharchives.com/shtour1997

I would say Plant has had a better solo career than Hagar. Jagger wasn't dumb enough to tour solo in the States.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

(Dave is) just always is about, 'How can I make this guy look bad?'
                  But it's okay for Hagar to do it to Dave...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    Easily debunked.

When Hagar left VH and toured Marching To Mars, he didn't play big rooms. He played Nautica Stage here in Cleveland, which is a 5,000 seat outdoor stage under a tent. A few days later he played the amphitheater at the Toledo Zoo, which is a 4500 seat venue. And down the street from where I lived as a toddler lol.

I would say Plant has had a better solo career than Hagar. Jagger wasn't dumb enough to tour solo in the States.
                    Hagar's typical tactic of distorting the facts.

To say Roth didn't have a solo career was patently ridiculous.

Roth headlined arenas under his own name for the tours supporting his first three full-length solo efforts. By the time the ALAE tour ended, the arena sizes weren't as large, capacity-wise, as they had been for the EEAS and Skyscraper tours. That would have been factual to say.

Hagar had 8 solo albums between Montrose and joining Van Halen. Out of those 8, one went gold and two went platinum (neither going double platinum), and those three albums were his last three before he joined Van Halen.

Out of Roth's solo albums, one went gold and two went platinum...sound familiar? Yet according to Hagar, none of that constitutes a solo career?

Yeah, by the time 2002 came around Roth had went through a few years of either opening for acts or headlining smaller venues. But that's right where Hagar was, too. Hagar didn't leave Van Halen and then go back to headlining arenas in the late 1990s and early 2000s. That's just patent bullshit.

If Hagar had said something along the lines of his solo career and Roth's were more or less comparable on commercial terms (albums sold/venue sizes performed to), that'd been truthful on a factual basis. Hagar was coming off his biggest solo success in commerical terms with the VOA album when he joined Van Halen in 1985. When you look at the VOA tour dates, you barely see any multiple night stands in a single arena (and no more than two nights) and a lot of the major cities had Hagar playing smaller venues. He wasn't selling out Madison Square Garden as a solo artist prior to joining Van Halen. The VOA tour was a mix of arenas and venues of a smaller size. Contrast that with Van Halen's 1984 tour playing multiple nights (with a few three night stands) to sold out shows in ARENAS all over the country. Yet Hagar always tries to convey the impression that he was a much larger success as a solo act than he was, and that joining Van Halen wasn't really an upgrade for him.

As if Hagar in 2002 was going to be playing to crowds of 10k + people a night headlining under his own name without teaming up with Roth. He wouldn't have been. Neither would Dave.

It was useful to find out Hagar's dick hasn't worked a couple of times, I suppose...(?)
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Easily debunked.

There ya go. That’s where Hagar belongs. In a zoo.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Hagar proved one thing. If you appeal to enough stupid people and get a few bucks from each of them you can get rich. Most people don’t want to go that low but Sam is good at doing the limbo. That snake can go real low.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also even if Hagar had sold more tickets or albums (which they didn't) who gives a shit, it doesn't make his music any better.

Kid Rock's 'Devil Without A Cause' sold 11 million.

Limp Bizkit sold 6 million copies of 'Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water'

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Plant's solo albums are usually well-received by critics. I don't think Hagar's are. Jagger's sure aren't.

Comment

• Silexxx
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2010

Seems like he still likes to watch Dave videos. Does he go to YouTube and look for them? Maybe someone in his camp sends them to him but why would he give a fuck how Dave sounds live these days? Same thing happened when Dave reunited with VH, when ADKOT came out and with the last VH tour. He always talks about how Dave sounded like or how they are using backing tapes or something.

Also Hagar likes to do that "I'll admid this one thing so you'll believe this" bullshit. "Yeah those first VH records were great but when I did this blah blah.. " That's probably why some idiots think he's "down to earth".

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
                                Seems like he still likes to watch Dave videos. Does he go to YouTube and look for them? Maybe someone in his camp sends them to him but why would he give a fuck how Dave sounds live these days? Same thing happened when Dave reunited with VH, when ADKOT came out and with the last VH tour. He always talks about how Dave sounded like or how they are using backing tapes or something.

Also Hagar likes to do that "I'll admid this one thing so you'll believe this" bullshit. "Yeah those first VH records were great but when I did this blah blah.. " That's probably why some idiots think he's "down to earth".
                                Yeah, [Hagar] has a few grains of truth mixed in with shovelfuls of bullshit. Not even talking about which music or which VH frontman was 'better' but just factual data that Hagar misstates repeatedly.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...