Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Haha that video is great.
    Lame part is all that factual data has been available for 25 years, yet no interviewer ever challenged Hagar when he kept making those 'the version of Van Halen I was in was more successful than the one that came before me' statements over and over again.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll have to start posting that video in response to pro-Hagar posts on FB
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    https://kworb.net/spotify/artist/2cn...E6K_songs.html

Seems like this Hagar box set didn't really change anything if you look at the most played Van Halen songs on Spotify. It's still mostly CVH. Some of the most played Hagar songs even are from original non-remastered albums.

And on the Albums charts it's at number 6.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hagar on the Stern show next Tuesday. Wear your hip waders.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don’t bend over to pick anything up Howard.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Hagar on the Stern show next Tuesday. Wear your hip waders.
    Stern said Clichegar called him and asked him to come on! What a fucking LOSER! I am going to try to call in and get into a fight with Clichegar on the air!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Stern said Clichegar called him and asked him to come on! What a fucking LOSER! I am going to try to call in and get into a fight with Clichegar on the air!
    I don't wake up early enough to call in during the live show . Best I could do is the Wrap Up Show. I'll be posting that video on any clips the show posts.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You just know Sam will take more shots at Dave and then whine about no Tribute show for Eddie blah blah blah.

Amazing what time does to people. Back in the day it was Stern who would have Dave on his show and it would be all pro-CVH talk.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Don’t bend over to pick anything up Howard.
    Howard is freindly with Spam and would never - but he needs to make a Sam-Puppet along the lines of the Alex Jones puppet; just repeating the same old lies and shitting out of the mouth over and over...

I guess Sam has a new beer, it's called Analcumstain Lite! No actually it's "Red Lager" or something and is akin to a shitty Mexican lager like Cornhole-ah...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You just know Sam will take more shots at Dave and then whine about no Tribute show for Eddie blah blah blah.

Amazing what time does to people. Back in the day it was Stern who would have Dave on his show and it would be all pro-CVH talk.
    I mean, doubtless Hagar will take a few shots at Dave and whine about the tribute show that never happened should Stern ask about Van Halen...and it's a given that Stern WILL ask about Van Halen because it's the only thing in Hagar's career worth talking about.

Truth be told, who cares what anybody who was in Van Halen has to say about any of it now? Maybe Dave might have a few Van Halen stories stored up that we haven't heard from him before, but even should that be the case...Eddie's gone. Band is over. The music still works the magic for me now as it did way back when, but beyond that there ain't nuttin' left to squabble over.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't care for Sam nor his historical recycling of past band business... I figure he wants to talk to Stern to either promote some new product in his liquor business and/or drum up some hype for the Collection II release. The man knows how to sell and keep his revenue streams flowing... even if it's all snake-oil...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam basically is a salesman. I get tired of him popping up everywhere selling an escape to lame aging fat people.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look at Sam’s audience sometime. You don’t want to be part of that group of losers. Anyone who looks to Sam for a cheap thrill is a real lame ass.

Sam is successful because the nation has gone to shit and is full of losers. Thank God they will die sooner due to consuming everything Sam sells. There’s nothing healthy about Sam. He’s the real virus and tool of the devil.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-10-2023 at 11:10 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Howard is freindly with Spam and would never - but he needs to make a Sam-Puppet along the lines of the Alex Jones puppet; just repeating the same old lies and shitting out of the mouth over and over...

I guess Sam has a new beer, it's called Analcumstain Lite! No actually it's "Red Lager" or something and is akin to a shitty Mexican lager like Cornhole-ah...

Well if InfoWars male enhancement really worked I might be interested. Funny. Alex sells health products and looks as unhealthy as you can get. His hypertension has to be higher than Mount Everest.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

So it's Chickenfoot 2.0 as "Eddie Tribute" The Best of All World's. Funny how this garden gnome says "we even played fucking Jump!" Like yeah, it just wasn't the biggest single Van Halen ever did!

And Alex still isn't talking to him even though Spammy keeps spamming him every month. Gee I wonder why.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw this coming. Dave and Alex are like fuck you! How lame can you get Sam?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The I Was Once In Van Halen Tour. Joe Satriani is about as exciting as watching turds float. It’s a tribute to Ed where none of Ed’s immediate family will return calls and refuse to participate. Some tribute.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only person free of Sam is Eddie. He had to be cremated and dumped into the Pacific Ocean but it made it impossible for Sam to get anything he could pimp. If Ed was embalmed and put in a box in the ground, Sam would steal the body and charge people to see it.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-15-2023 at 03:05 AM.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lamest tour ever. Another way for Bette to cash in on VH.

Fuck you Sam.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The I Was Once In Van Halen Tour. Joe Satriani is about as exciting as watching turds float. It’s a tribute to Ed where none of Ed’s immediate family will return calls and refuse to participate. Some tribute.
    Jason Bonham...he's always been a bit overrated as a drummer to my ears. I've always enjoyed what John Bonham did. Great right foot, great sense of dynamics/pacing/rhythm blah blah blah the usual plaudits that have been said about him a million times over. I suppose it should also be said that John Bonham was also unique in that he did what he wanted and was a true original in that sense. I've never heard much of anything in Jason Bonham's playing that smacked me as being particularly original. Clearly heavily influenced by his father, which wasn't a surprise. Spent his time in the 1980's far as drumming goes very much trying to be, well, exactly what he was, which was the son of John Bonham. Beyond his lineage, I never thought in drumming terms that, for example, when the remnants of Zeppelin played the 02 gig in 2007 it HAD to be Jason Bonham strictly on a technical level as the only drummer who could replicate John Bonham's parts. I remember seeing a local Zep tribute band in the late 80's called Physical Graffiti playing at small club and their drummer (whose name I'll be fucked if I can remember now) did just as impressive a job at playing John Bonham's parts as Jason has ever done. I've heard stuff he has done with other bands in non-Zeppelin related projects (including The Circle) and outside of his Zep tribute activities Jason Bonham is little more than a competent rock drummer to me.

Joe Satriani. Enjoyed Surfing With The Alien well enough back in the day. For those who are into that G3 type guitar technician type of thing, doubtless Satriani is a virtuoso to them. When it was announced that Satriani had been tapped to be Chickenfoot's guitar player ten-odd years ago, I knew right then that the songs wouldn't end up being memorable. Simply put, Satriani is unable to come up with original riffs/tunes in a traditional rock band combo context that stack up alongside your Smoke On The Waters because Satriani for all his technical prowess doesn't have the ability to do so. Satriani just doesn't have what Eddie Van Halen did in those terms. If this has to do with Satriani having a perpetual compulsion to continually demonstrate how clever he is (and if this ties into his decades of promoting himself as a 'guitar hero'), I can't say. Within his realm of solo instrumental albums that largely concentrate on his ability on the instrument is where Satriani excels. Writing a great rock tune that will resonate with audiences outside of the G3 niche? Not a chance.

Michael Anthony, for all he brought to Van Halen, didn't bring any tunes to the party. Not then, nor in the years since he left the band. It'd be fair to say with him in any given band situation he wouldn't be the one to look toward far as the songwriting goes re: the genesis of a good idea.

Sammy Hagar is, well, he is who he is. The few decent ideas he had...literally three decades behind him, minimum, and that's being kind and taking into account his time in Van Halen for anybody who values what he brought to that band. I'll say that I did think what he did on the first Montrose album was decent. THAT was nearly 50 years ago. Since then, overall average to perhaps slightly above average at times. Commercially successful? Yep. Wouldn't argue that point on a factual basis. Have never really been one myself to ever take sales figures by themselves as an indication that because of them I therefore SHOULD like something or not. If something is a commercial success doubtless that will by default bring it to my attention more readily than something that wasn't in terms of giving it a listen. I've always been able to make my own conclusions after the listen, though.

This latest Circle tour swung through here a few weeks ago and played at a new venue which opened this year called The Sound. It's an outdoor amphitheater with about 4k capacity in seating and the ability to seat an additional 5k on the lawn. I had seen Kenny Loggins and Pablo Cruise there in September. While there, I saw the ads for the upcoming acts and saw The Circle was going to perform there, among such other future concerts by the likes of Styx, the Steve Miller Band, Willie Nelson & Family and Air Supply w/ the Little River Band. I recall thinking I'd be quite interested in seeing creaky old dope smoking Willie Nelson, and while there may yet be chance of that, I'd have more interest - honestly - in seeing Air Supply than The Circle. I have no idea how many ended up going to see The Circle at The Sound (with Loggins, while the seating was full the lawn was empty), but I recall from the advertising that the tickets were in the $30 - $150 range, lowest to highest.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck Sammy Hagar.

Chump would've been resorted to playing truck stop bars had Dave and Eddie got their shit together in the summer of '85.

Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only person free of Sam is Eddie. He had to be cremated and dumped into the Pacific Ocean but it made it impossible for Sam to get anything he could pimp. If Ed was embalmed and put in a box in the ground, Sam would steal the body and charge people to see it.
    The ocean would reject (Sam's) his ashes!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-15-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He'd end up floating in the garbage patch where he belongs...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looking at the presale, tickets are showing $49 to $309+. VIP packages $418. Mr. "I Don't Need The Money!" strikes again!

The Rock Hall usually has a member presale for inductee shows. I haven't seen an email yet. Maybe they don't want any part of this either.

I would love to see Wolfgang shit on this.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11-15-2023 at 12:27 PM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This just came up on the UCR article on FB: "If you're gonna go deep into the Van Halen catalog, you need Joe Satriani," Hagar told Howard Stern.

So Sammy finally admits his "brother," Vic Johnson, isn't up to the task. He jettisons David Lauser, then gets rid of Mona for Michael Anthony, and dumps Vic a second time for Satch.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Vic the Busboy had 25 years to learn how to play Eddie's guitar parts and never got there. So it's probably a safe assumption he never would have. So if Sam's really looking to be a Van Hagar tribute band "full time" he's going to need somebody who can actually play the songs.

If Sammy wants to sing the cheese ballads that he co-wrote, he's got every right to do so. I'm not going to the show either way, but as long as other people are going to pay to hear that alleged "music", they might as well play it as correctly as possible. On the other hand, if this "deep dive" implication is that Sobolewski (or God forbid, Hagar himself) are going to be singing more Van HALEN songs from the 6 pack, that's something else entirely. And would they dare try to sing something from the ADKOT album, which neither of them had any involvement in (though Mikey was probably there when all of those songs were originally written... even the "new" songs on that record, which were most likely written during the aborted VH reunion of 2000-2001)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Vic the Busboy had 25 years to learn how to play Eddie's guitar parts and never got there. So it's probably a safe assumption he never would have. So if Sam's really looking to be a Van Hagar tribute band "full time" he's going to need somebody who can actually play the songs.

If Sammy wants to sing the cheese ballads that he co-wrote, he's got every right to do so. I'm not going to the show either way, but as long as other people are going to pay to hear that alleged "music", they might as well play it as correctly as possible. On the other hand, if this "deep dive" implication is that Sobolewski (or God forbid, Hagar himself) are going to be singing more Van HALEN songs from the 6 pack, that's something else entirely. And would they dare try to sing something from the ADKOT album, which neither of them had any involvement in (though Mikey was probably there when all of those songs were originally written... even the "new" songs on that record, which were most likely written during the aborted VH reunion of 2000-2001)
    Anthony is going to sing more CVH than just the one he's been doing more recently.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Here's Joe's attempt to play Mean Street intro. Then they play 5150. That sounds okay until Spam starts to sing about love lines.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looking at the presale, tickets are showing $49 to $309+. VIP packages $418. Mr. "I Don't Need The Money!" strikes again!

The Rock Hall usually has a member presale for inductee shows. I haven't seen an email yet. Maybe they don't want any part of this either.

I would love to see Wolfgang shit on this.
    “Sam was all about the money.” -Eddie Van Halen-

Wolfgang is going to shit on it by ignoring it. That will drive Sam more nuts than if he said anything. There’s no bigger diss that acting like someone doesn’t even exist. Al gets that concept.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Everyone is going to honor Van Halen except for anyone who’s a Van Halen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Roth will ignore this too. Sauce and Sam will look dumb as fuck. Ed had his problems but he was right about those two. Well get the Cheese Whiz. The carnival, the Red Clown and his side kick just rolled in. Don’t bend over and watch your wallet!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Joe’s tone sounds like a buzz saw though a tube. Come on Joe. Ed had more harump to his sound. You want a nice curvy woman not some chick with Anorexia. Oh God it’s horrible. Ok. It’s all yours Captain Sam. Take it out full steam ahead. There’s an ice berg out there with your name on it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I’m off to take a long shower after listening to this. I need to cleanse my soul of this corruption. There are no bigger cock gobbling whores than Sammy Hagar and Howard Stern. Like a skunk they pollute the air.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This just came up on the UCR article on FB: "If you're gonna go deep into the Van Halen catalog, you need Joe Satriani," Hagar told Howard Stern.

So Sammy finally admits his "brother," Vic Johnson, isn't up to the task. He jettisons David Lauser, then gets rid of Mona for Michael Anthony, and dumps Vic a second time for Satch.
    Sam isn’t loyal to anyone. His first wife knows that better than anyone. Look at that slip up he said about Ed not too long ago. He’s dumb enough thinking some technically proficient shredder is going to replace Eddie Van Halen. It’s pure stupidity but the loyal Sammy deplorables will eat it up like flies on a fresh steaming turd.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I’m off to take a long shower after listening to this. I need to cleanse my soul of this corruption. There are no bigger cock gobbling whores than Sammy Hagar and Howard Stern. Like a skunk they pollute the air.
    I didnt subject my ears to it so didn't watch thankfully.

Sauce singing more CVH is a fucking joke. He's not a lead singer. His vocals complimented well with Dave's voice but as a background vocalist. That is all.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is it about the 2020’s? I’ve seen more stupid shit this decade than all the others I’ve lived trough combined.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam isn’t loyal to anyone. His first wife knows that better than anyone. Look at that slip up he said about Ed not too long ago. He’s dumb enough thinking some technically proficient shredder is going to replace Eddie Van Halen. It’s pure stupidity but the loyal Sammy deplorables will eat it up like flies on a fresh steaming turd.
    Oh for sure.

And what about Jason Bonham?

He played his Dad's drum parts adequately. It was passable the last time Zep played (2007). But him playing Al's parts? Would probably sound worse.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is it about the 2020’s? I’ve seen more stupid shit this decade than all the others I’ve lived trough combined.
    World is so fucked up yes.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I didnt subject my ears to it so didn't watch thankfully.

Sauce singing more CVH is a fucking joke. He's not a lead singer. His vocals complimented well with Dave's voice but as a background vocalist. That is all.
    Only Mike and Sam piss in the Holy of Holies. They need to be struck down by lightning.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Only Mike and Sam piss in the Holy of Holies. They need to be struck down by lightning.
    You just know they're gonna throw up that gay Van Hagar hand sign not to mention bring back the gay ass 5150 walk.

Thread Information