• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's about star signs now?

What a fucking bozo.

Also he seems to have got it into his head the last few years that people are so dumb that he can outwit them and come across as the good guy by stating his admiration before each attack.

Dave is a great talent I think he's great blah blah blah Dave is a useless cunt who I don't like.

Watch out for it, he uses it in most interviews now.

He is a liar and knows that lazy music journalists don't fact check beyond what he said in the previous interview. For all we know Ed had a couple of 20 second conversations with him when ill getting chemo where he said 'whatever, fine who cares?' which Hagar will spin out now for ever as a great bromance reconciliation.

Maybe that's why Alex won't deal with him and it's not because he was born in May...

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hagar fails to recognize the root cause of this issue... he runs his mouth constantly regarding Van Halen and fails to understand the toxicity that he's both created and perpetuating for the last couple of decades.

His relevance to Alex Van Halen most likely ended years ago in Alex's mind. Odds are Alex doesn't follow any music or social media related to the band. He may not even be aware of most of what Hagar a spewed over this matter in the last 10 years. If he were asked he's probably respond with... Sammy who..?

That's proper ghosting and well deserved.
      Last edited by ZahZoo; 11-03-2022, 05:05 PM.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Hagar fails to recognize the root cause of this issue... he runs his mouth constantly regarding Van Halen and fails to understand the toxicity that he's both created and perpetuating for the last couple of decades.

His relevance to Alex Van Halen most likely ended years ago in Alex's mind. Odds are Alex doesn't follow any music or social media related to the band. He may not even be aware of most of what Hagar a spewed over this matter in the last 10 years. If he were asked he's probably respond with... Sammy who..?

That's proper ghosting and well deserved.
        Can you blame Alex? Sammy Hagar is an opportunist and attention whore. He just can’t enjoy his money in private. I get being addicted to performing and making music but Sam is doing television shows, he constantly does interviews, he hosts radio shows. I’m not knocking the work ethic but it’s just lame. Sam slags Eddie on a public broadcast and then Eddie dies and Sam publicly says he regrets slagging Eddie. Everyone knew Eddie had problems. His health problems were serious and he had gone through a divorce and he said fuck it and went off the deep end. But Sam is slagging the guy like he’s in a normal state of mind and just being an asshole. Lot’s of people knew and worked with Eddie Van Halen. Everyone has their Ed stories on what a nice guy he really was. The only person I ever really heard call Eddie Van Halen an asshole is Sammy Hagar. Everyone else understood Ed had some issues and went through a rough time there for a bit but Ed got over it and had one last good tour. Ed went out on top. Sammy is just jealous he wasn’t fronting that last tour. I’m glad Dave got to do it.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-04-2022, 03:38 AM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Ha! Hagar claims he was visited by aliens. He always was a fruit loop. If he didn’t manage to make it in music he probably would have become a New Age guru running a retreat and fleecing and banging naive women who fall for that shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I don’t get this tribute thing. Ed’s tribute is his talent is appreciated by millions and people not even born yet will hear Van Halen in the future and love it. Great musicians are appreciated long after they are gone. That’s the tribute. Not some Jack off show.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Sammy better shut up or he’s going to get gored by the Dutch Taurus.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Alex lost a brother he was extremely close to. There’s no Van Halen without Eddie Van Halen and Alex knows it. Simple as that. You don’t have The Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix. These idiot promoters think you can replace a legend with a hired hot shot. Tribute my ass. It’s about $$$$$$.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

We've always known Hagar was a tool but the dude just keeps elevating his bafoonery status with every excrement that comes out of his mouth.

He was the worst thing to happen to the band. I bet Al regrets it totally. Even Ed admitted that when assclown joined it was "never the same".

Despite the success Van Hagar had.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Alex lost a brother he was extremely close to. There’s no Van Halen without Eddie Van Halen and Alex knows it. Simple as that. You don’t have The Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix. These idiot promoters think you can replace a legend with a hired hot shot. Tribute my ass. It’s about $$$$$$.
                    Well, except they DID have the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi... in the sense that the record labels released "new" albums for a full decade after his death. And that's not even counting the later cash in done by his so-called "sister" who never even met him. At least she didn't replace the original band with studio musicians.

I expect Alex to handle whatever Van Halen material exists more responsibly than anyone connected to Hendrix did. It's been two years now, and nothing has been released, so that would indicate that Al's definitely not interested in making a quick buck off his dead brother, and that's a good thing in and of itself, of course. I wouldn't want to hear some fake album with Eddie's tracks cut & pasted into a new recording by studio musicians anyway. Fully intact songs & live recordings that were made by the full band, that's different. Hope we do see that one day, but that's up to Alex.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• MasonL
                      Groupie
                      • May 2022

Whoever called Hagar an opportunist up above hit it right on the head. The dude has no vision or way of doing things. He's all about exploiting things in the moment. That's why the Van Hagar material was top 40 in its time but it doesn't hold up-it was made to sell. There's no point of view with it. You have songs like Dreams and The Dream is Over. You have Poundcake and then a stupid song about spank lines. The very lowest common denominator. Once Al and Ed figured that out they most certainly regretted ever letting him sing in the band and calling it "Van Halen." It was the total converse of how the original band approached it.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by MasonL
                        Whoever called Hagar an opportunist up above hit it right on the head. The dude has no vision or way of doing things. He's all about exploiting things in the moment. That's why the Van Hagar material was top 40 in its time but it doesn't hold up-it was made to sell. There's no point of view with it. You have songs like Dreams and The Dream is Over. You have Poundcake and then a stupid song about spank lines. The very lowest common denominator. Once Al and Ed figured that out they most certainly regretted ever letting him sing in the band and calling it "Van Halen." It was the total converse of how the original band approached it.
                        Agreed. Hagar is a complete opportunist and found the gold mine of opportunities when CVH broke up in '85.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          Agreed. Hagar is a complete opportunist and found the gold mine of opportunities when CVH broke up in '85.
                          Yeah, well, he got tapped to join the band after Roth split. Who wouldn't take that gig? Don't care for what he brought to the table, but it wasn't like the Van Halens split with Dave specifically to get Hagar in there.

Hagar's comments now re: the EVH tribute gig or whatever that didn't come to pass...redundant and pointless. Ain't no Van Halen without Eddie. Couldn't care in the least if Roth was being difficult about the tribute gig or opted not to participate and that's why it didn't happen, or if Sammy isn't to blame for the tribute thing not happening. Mostly because it's for the best that it didn't happen anyway. Christ, the last thing I wanted to see was whatever combination of past Van Halen members onstage with whomever on guitar playing Van Halen songs...not a fitting tribute to my mind.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Hagar got in Van Halen because he and Ed had the same mechanic. The mechanic saw Eddie was bummed and when Eddie told him they lost Roth the mechanic said I have Sammy's number. So blame Claudio the mechanic. Ha! Ha! Ed Leffler Sammy's manager tried to talk Sammy out of joining Van Halen. Too bad Sammy didn't listen.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Well I think Van Halen needed some R&R. They should have taken a year off and recharged and got back together and got busy. They were burnt and tired of each other which happens when you party that hard and are around each other all the time.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Anyways VH never made songs about alien love until Sammy joined. What a lame fucker.

Comment

Working...