DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Sammy better shut up or he’s going to get gored by the Dutch Taurus.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Alex lost a brother he was extremely close to. There’s no Van Halen without Eddie Van Halen and Alex knows it. Simple as that. You don’t have The Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix. These idiot promoters think you can replace a legend with a hired hot shot. Tribute my ass. It’s about $$$$$$.

3. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (11-04-2022)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

We've always known Hagar was a tool but the dude just keeps elevating his bafoonery status with every excrement that comes out of his mouth.

He was the worst thing to happen to the band. I bet Al regrets it totally. Even Ed admitted that when assclown joined it was "never the same".

Despite the success Van Hagar had.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

5. 2 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (11-05-2022),Von Halen (11-04-2022)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Alex lost a brother he was extremely close to. There’s no Van Halen without Eddie Van Halen and Alex knows it. Simple as that. You don’t have The Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix. These idiot promoters think you can replace a legend with a hired hot shot. Tribute my ass. It’s about $$$$$$.
    Well, except they DID have the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi... in the sense that the record labels released "new" albums for a full decade after his death. And that's not even counting the later cash in done by his so-called "sister" who never even met him. At least she didn't replace the original band with studio musicians.

I expect Alex to handle whatever Van Halen material exists more responsibly than anyone connected to Hendrix did. It's been two years now, and nothing has been released, so that would indicate that Al's definitely not interested in making a quick buck off his dead brother, and that's a good thing in and of itself, of course. I wouldn't want to hear some fake album with Eddie's tracks cut & pasted into a new recording by studio musicians anyway. Fully intact songs & live recordings that were made by the full band, that's different. Hope we do see that one day, but that's up to Alex.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 12:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Whoever called Hagar an opportunist up above hit it right on the head. The dude has no vision or way of doing things. He's all about exploiting things in the moment. That's why the Van Hagar material was top 40 in its time but it doesn't hold up-it was made to sell. There's no point of view with it. You have songs like Dreams and The Dream is Over. You have Poundcake and then a stupid song about spank lines. The very lowest common denominator. Once Al and Ed figured that out they most certainly regretted ever letting him sing in the band and calling it "Van Halen." It was the total converse of how the original band approached it.

8. Thanked MasonL for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (11-04-2022)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    Whoever called Hagar an opportunist up above hit it right on the head. The dude has no vision or way of doing things. He's all about exploiting things in the moment. That's why the Van Hagar material was top 40 in its time but it doesn't hold up-it was made to sell. There's no point of view with it. You have songs like Dreams and The Dream is Over. You have Poundcake and then a stupid song about spank lines. The very lowest common denominator. Once Al and Ed figured that out they most certainly regretted ever letting him sing in the band and calling it "Van Halen." It was the total converse of how the original band approached it.
    Agreed. Hagar is a complete opportunist and found the gold mine of opportunities when CVH broke up in '85.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Agreed. Hagar is a complete opportunist and found the gold mine of opportunities when CVH broke up in '85.
    Yeah, well, he got tapped to join the band after Roth split. Who wouldn't take that gig? Don't care for what he brought to the table, but it wasn't like the Van Halens split with Dave specifically to get Hagar in there.

Hagar's comments now re: the EVH tribute gig or whatever that didn't come to pass...redundant and pointless. Ain't no Van Halen without Eddie. Couldn't care in the least if Roth was being difficult about the tribute gig or opted not to participate and that's why it didn't happen, or if Sammy isn't to blame for the tribute thing not happening. Mostly because it's for the best that it didn't happen anyway. Christ, the last thing I wanted to see was whatever combination of past Van Halen members onstage with whomever on guitar playing Van Halen songs...not a fitting tribute to my mind.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hagar got in Van Halen because he and Ed had the same mechanic. The mechanic saw Eddie was bummed and when Eddie told him they lost Roth the mechanic said I have Sammy's number. So blame Claudio the mechanic. Ha! Ha! Ed Leffler Sammy's manager tried to talk Sammy out of joining Van Halen. Too bad Sammy didn't listen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well I think Van Halen needed some R&R. They should have taken a year off and recharged and got back together and got busy. They were burnt and tired of each other which happens when you party that hard and are around each other all the time.

13. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (11-07-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Anyways VH never made songs about alien love until Sammy joined. What a lame fucker.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, except they DID have the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi... in the sense that the record labels released "new" albums for a full decade after his death. And that's not even counting the later cash in done by his so-called "sister" who never even met him. At least she didn't replace the original band with studio musicians.

I expect Alex to handle whatever Van Halen material exists more responsibly than anyone connected to Hendrix did. It's been two years now, and nothing has been released, so that would indicate that Al's definitely not interested in making a quick buck off his dead brother, and that's a good thing in and of itself, of course. I wouldn't want to hear some fake album with Eddie's tracks cut & pasted into a new recording by studio musicians anyway. Fully intact songs & live recordings that were made by the full band, that's different. Hope we do see that one day, but that's up to Alex.
    Jimi is more popular now than he was alive. I talked to someone who saw Hendrix play a show at an amusement park in Utah. He was the opening act for the Monkeys. He said it sounded like shit because Jimi's speakers were already thrashed pretty good and it sounded like he was playing through thrashed speakers. No barricade and the audience was right up on the edge of a low stage. Today Jimi would have been mobbed by the audience. After the show the guy saw Jimi riding the roller coaster. No security or anything. Maybe Utah wasn't too crazy in the late 60's. Most the audience came to see The Monkee's and Hendrix was the side show.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I hate to say it but the Van Halen legacy could turn into a nasty family fight. Alex is the patriarch of the Van Halen franchise. He was a heavy drinker and smoker and that shaves your life short. I don't think he smokes or drinks now. But when Alex dies which might not be that far off (he lived Ed's lifestyle too) the franchise falls to Alex's wife who is Ray Daniel's sister and she's a piece of work. Once she is out of the picture it falls to Alex's children.

Then you have Wolfgang. He might think he is entitled to some of it. Van Halen was a legendary band. There's going to be an interest and demand for VH stuff for a long time. Control of the franchise is something people are going to fight over.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

I wish Sam would stop breathing...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar got in Van Halen because he and Ed had the same mechanic. The mechanic saw Eddie was bummed and when Eddie told him they lost Roth the mechanic said I have Sammy's number. So blame Claudio the mechanic. Ha! Ha! Ed Leffler Sammy's manager tried to talk Sammy out of joining Van Halen. Too bad Sammy didn't listen.
    Sam really needed that mechanic because he was a fucking douchebag that "couldn't drive 55" and couldn't drive a manual at all when that song came out. He broke the Ferrari's gear box and clutch because he's a fucking phony-baloney hag. Pity Claudio didn't slice his brake lines.....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Maybe Claudio was fixing Sam’s fucking machine. His tight asshole and failure to use enough lube strained the motor and reciprocating parts and it broke down.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I hate to say it but the Van Halen legacy could turn into a nasty family fight. Alex is the patriarch of the Van Halen franchise. He was a heavy drinker and smoker and that shaves your life short. I don't think he smokes or drinks now. But when Alex dies which might not be that far off (he lived Ed's lifestyle too) the franchise falls to Alex's wife who is Ray Daniel's sister and she's a piece of work. Once she is out of the picture it falls to Alex's children.

Then you have Wolfgang. He might think he is entitled to some of it. Van Halen was a legendary band. There's going to be an interest and demand for VH stuff for a long time. Control of the franchise is something people are going to fight over.
    The core of the legacy - and the only part of it that matters - is the music that was made. As long as the original recordings are still available to purchase/hear, the legacy as such is set.

Any feuding going forward - whatever form it takes - isn't going to tarnish the legacy if all the feuding over the last 25 years didn't.

Doubtless there may be issues over control of the VH catalog going forward. I can't really see where it matters who retains the rights over the catalog when Alex passes away. It certainly doesn't matter to me if Alex's wife or kids end up in a tussle with Wolfgang over the business aspects, because none of that is going to diminish my enjoyment of the Van Halen music I liked in the least...it's not as if I'm going to like the music less depending on which family members have control of the catalog.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Claudio was fixing Sam’s fucking machine. His tight asshole and failure to use enough lube strained the motor and reciprocating parts and it broke down.
    He didn't own that Ferrari, it was someone else's IIRC. He may have bought one after for his image and penis-extender. He probably only really started making that money with VOA during the 1984 era, but of course Van Hagar is where he made is real bank...

Upon further review, I think VOA was certified Platinum only AFTER he joined Ed, Mike and Al....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-05-2022 at 01:26 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The core of the legacy - and the only part of it that matters - is the music that was made. As long as the original recordings are still available to purchase/hear, the legacy as such is set.

Any feuding going forward - whatever form it takes - isn't going to tarnish the legacy if all the feuding over the last 25 years didn't.

Doubtless there may be issues over control of the VH catalog going forward. I can't really see where it matters who retains the rights over the catalog when Alex passes away. It certainly doesn't matter to me if Alex's wife or kids end up in a tussle with Wolfgang over the business aspects, because none of that is going to diminish my enjoyment of the Van Halen music I liked in the least...it's not as if I'm going to like the music less depending on which family members have control of the catalog.
    Yeah. We are only interested in the Roth era. That’s six albums. Van Halen had a horrible contract that gave Warner Brothers control of everything. Warners is a major media corporation that will be around. So not much for the Van Halen’s to fight over with that. It’s when the music catalog is up for grabs or the ownership rights are questionable that starts the fighting. Lot’s of bottom feeder lawyers looking to create a job for themselves. Usually the lawyers end up being the major beneficiaries of it all after they led a family member on a wild goose chase. Sometimes they get lucky and find something.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    He didn't own that Ferrari, it was someone else's IIRC. He may have bought one after for his image and penis-extender. He probably only really started making that money with VOA during the 1984 era, but of course Van Hagar is where he made is real bank...

Upon further review, I think VOA was certified Platinum only AFTER he joined Ed, Mike and Al....
    Ferrari made a fucking machine? Makes sense. Sammy would love to ride a powerful horse cock.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I never even heard of Sammy Hagar until Thee Lock Box hit the airwaves. Sammy Hagar was a Night Ranger level act. A flavor of the week. Van Halen was legendary. Big difference but Sam found the opening and rammed himself in. Van Halen was fucked.

25. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I never even heard of Sammy Hagar until Thee Lock Box hit the airwaves. Sammy Hagar was a Night Ranger level act. A flavor of the week. Van Halen was legendary. Big difference but Sam found the opening and rammed himself in. Van Halen was fucked.
    Which, not to quibble, but by all accounts the Van Halens approached Hagar after Dave left and asked him to come to 5150 studios for a jam and it was the Van Halens who then asked Hagar to join the band.

Unless I have the facts wrong.

That's not to say that Van Halen weren't fucked when Hagar joined, because they were, but as far as I remember Hagar didn't force himself into the group.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    In all honesty, I think I prefer what Night Ranger did with just two of their better-known songs (Don't Tell Me You Love Me and Sister Christian) than the entirety of Hagar's solo career.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Which, not to quibble, but by all accounts the Van Halens approached Hagar after Dave left and asked him to come to 5150 studios for a jam and it was the Van Halens who then asked Hagar to join the band.

Unless I have the facts wrong.

That's not to say that Van Halen weren't fucked when Hagar joined, because they were, but as far as I remember Hagar didn't force himself into the group.
    Story is that Hagar dressed up in a suit and went down to 5150 to meet everyone and saw a shit hole. Empty pizza boxes, empty beer cans. Keep in mind Al was still heavily drinking around this time. I believe he quit around 1987.

But even witnessing the state they were in didnt deter Hagar from joining. Same dude who despite seeing how fucked Ed was in 2004 still went out on tour.

It was always about $$$$ for Sam.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep. In his book Dave said Al was up to at least two six-packs a day. Ed had a personal coke dealer following him around. The Brothers were miserable, procrastinating drunks who wanted to wake up at noon everyday, noodle around in the studio and tap out. Perfect for Sam.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep. In his book Dave said Al was up to at least two six-packs a day. Ed had a personal coke dealer following him around. The Brothers were miserable, procrastinating drunks who wanted to wake up at noon everyday, noodle around in the studio and tap out. Perfect for Sam.
    By all accounts its somewhat of a miracle Van Hagar got off the ground in the first place. Dave probably thought the brothers are so fucked up they're not gonna do anything. Hence why he told Ed "maybe down the road we can get back together and do something."

Too bad they eventually did and it ended up selling.

But it was a watered down, castrated version of the band that catered more to fans who listened to Journey - ironically a band that CVH made fun of. But now they became just that.
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 11-07-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've said it before, but they became much like their frontman like they did before with Dave. Only this time they took the lead of a lazy, mediocre, money-obsessed fruit loop who was in music for the fame and publicity. Not for the love of doing it. People think Dave didn't take it seriously because they hear him sing about Bottoms Up and Panama and a bunch of juvenile stuff. They totally miss the point.

One of my favorite Dave quotes was sometime around Eat 'Em in '86. He said, "we generate a lot of money from what we do, but the money never physically crosses my hands. We do it for the people you work with, the places you go and the memories you make along the way." Big difference in the motivation there. Which is sad because Ed always said he was never in it for the money. But then he signed on with a guy who was only about that shit.

32. Thanked MasonL for this KICKASS post:

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've said it before, but they became much like their frontman like they did before with Dave. Only this time they took the lead of a lazy, mediocre, money-obsessed fruit loop who was in music for the fame and publicity. Not for the love of doing it. People think Dave didn't take it seriously because they hear him sing about Bottoms Up and Panama and a bunch of juvenile stuff. They totally miss the point.

One of my favorite Dave quotes was sometime around Eat 'Em in '86. He said, "we generate a lot of money from what we do, but the money never physically crosses my hands. We do it for the people you work with, the places you go and the memories you make along the way." Big difference in the motivation there. Which is sad because Ed always said he was never in it for the money. But then he signed on with a guy who was only about that shit.
    The more logical thing Ed should've done is a solo album with various singers as he once thought. Only Al told him no.

But that's what should've happened.

Get all the shit out of his system with a solo album with clunkers that ended up on 5150; then reconvene with Dave by '87/'88 and continue.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Hagar is the Trump of rock.

A mediocre imbecile who has managed to convince many other imbeciles that he has some redeeming qualities.

35. 4 users say thank you to ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

FORD (11-08-2022),Never was (11-10-2022),Nickdfresh (11-08-2022),Silexxx (11-09-2022)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

https://blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-...e-light-of-day

SAMMY HAGAR Says Unreleased VAN HALEN Song 'Between Us Two' Will Eventually See Light Of Day

"We've got it. It's done," he said. "It's in the archives. They'll find it. They're looking through the archives right now to try to remaster some of the old stuff from my era [with VAN HALEN]. And they'll find it. That's gonna be a treasure."

Blah.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

If that song was worth a shit, they would have put it out in 2004, instead of "Upchuck Your Breakfast".

38. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (11-10-2022)

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Story is that Hagar dressed up in a suit and went down to 5150 to meet everyone and saw a shit hole. Empty pizza boxes, empty beer cans. Keep in mind Al was still heavily drinking around this time. I believe he quit around 1987.

But even witnessing the state they were in didnt deter Hagar from joining. Same dude who despite seeing how fucked Ed was in 2004 still went out on tour.

It was always about $$$$ for Sam.
    None of this about Sam is necessarily wrong but Dave seems to be getting a pass across things. Roth was first and foremost about being the center of attention, he found a band that helped him be just that. Money never touched Dave’s hands, he says, because he was rich enough to pay people to touch it for him. Roth had no problem going out on tour when Ed was in terrible shape either.
    Van Halen ended after the 1984 tour apparently. But, had Roth stayed, and Ed was still writing all the music, what would a Dave-helmed 5150 have sounded like? I wonder if it was Dave singing over the tracks on 5150, it would be looked down on the way it is by many here. Ruth’s most recognizable solo stuff is fairly Night Ranger-like too….ie “Going Crazy”, “ Just Like Paradise”, “Yankee Rose”.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    None of this about Sam is necessarily wrong but Dave seems to be getting a pass across things. Roth was first and foremost about being the center of attention, he found a band that helped him be just that. Money never touched Dave’s hands, he says, because he was rich enough to pay people to touch it for him. Roth had no problem going out on tour when Ed was in terrible shape either.
    Van Halen ended after the 1984 tour apparently. But, had Roth stayed, and Ed was still writing all the music, what would a Dave-helmed 5150 have sounded like? I wonder if it was Dave singing over the tracks on 5150, it would be looked down on the way it is by many here. Ruth’s most recognizable solo stuff is fairly Night Ranger-like too….ie “Going Crazy”, “ Just Like Paradise”, “Yankee Rose”.
    The point about the money never touching his hands means that what you can physically see is what's important. The people you work with and just the love of doing the music. They clearly lost that without Roth when they became a sanitized corporate product with 5150. Everything since then was based on bottom dollar, not passion.

And c'mon, Ed was in much better condition in 07 than he was in 04. Not a high bar, but he wasn't completely off the rails. He was slowly pulling himself back together.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    https://blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-...e-light-of-day

SAMMY HAGAR Says Unreleased VAN HALEN Song 'Between Us Two' Will Eventually See Light Of Day

"We've got it. It's done," he said. "It's in the archives. They'll find it. They're looking through the archives right now to try to remaster some of the old stuff from my era [with VAN HALEN]. And they'll find it. That's gonna be a treasure."

Blah.
    LOL wow Hagar is really pulling out all the stops.

A week ago he says Alex hates him but now "they're looking through the archives to release stuff from my era....remasters.."

Alex doesn't want Sam to make another dime off of VH so he will do everything he can to not have any Van Hagar stuff released/re-released.

And I can't see WB wanting to invest any money on Van Hagar either. Sure the diehards will pick it up but you just have to look at the streaming stats for Van Hagar vs CVH and there's no comparison. If the market demanded Van Hagar then so be it but its not.
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 11-10-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Status
    Thanks

They'll find it. They're looking through the archives right now to try to remaster some of the old stuff from my era [with VAN HALEN]. And they'll find it. That's gonna be a treasure."
    This sounds exactly like something Trump would say.
    "It's a great song, a beautiful song. And when they find this song, you'll love this song."

Blah is right....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    This sounds exactly like something Trump would say.
    "It's a great song, a beautiful song. And when they find this song, you'll love this song."

Blah is right....
    It's gonna be YUGE

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

https://www.guitarworld.com/features...en-crazy-times

According to Sammy Eddie was jealous of Sam's and Mike's bromance.

“Mikey is like my brother from another mother. So much so that back in the early Van Halen days, Eddie would get all jealous. Because Mike and I would get into these soulful conversations for hours, and Eddie would be on the outside looking in.

“And this was when we were all getting along great, not towards the end when our marriage fell apart. But even in the early days, Eddie would say, ‘Hey, I wanna hang out like you and Mike do.’ And I was like, ‘Cool, man. Let's do it. So, what's the problem?’

“The way it was in Van Halen was Eddie and Alex would get together and do their family thing. And Mike and I would always be the ones that would get tacos and margaritas and talk about life when we were on the road. And in the end, when we were arguing, and Van Halen was falling apart, me and Mike had our own plane because they were trying to keep Eddie and me apart.

“I guess Mike and I are cut from the same cloth. Eddie hated it, would get mad on stage, and called it stupid, but we had our inside lingo and were always very close. "

Also he talks about his Van Hagar lyrics:

"I'm singing as good as I ever have,” says Hagar. “And I think I write better lyrics now than when I was in Van Halen. I mean, some of those songs were great, but a lot of times, I was clowning around because Eddie and I were always goofing off so much.

“Back then, Eddie and I were doing these crazy acrobatics where I would sing crazy lines, and he'd go nuts on the guitar. When I was in Van Halen, at least in the early days, it was all about having fun. But with this record, the difference is that I didn't goof off and throw silly lyrics into the mix. I hate to say I did that in Van Halen, but I did.” "

No shit.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Why does Sammy refer to "the early days" or "the early Van Halen days"...I'm assuming he is obviously referring to the beginning years of his stint in the group, but anybody else on the planet referring to the early Van Halen days is clearly referencing the Roth years.

As to the rest, I was unaware that Hagar was capable of anything other than silly lyrics.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

"I'm singing as good as I ever have,” says Hagar.
    No, he isn't. He sounds like shit. Go watch some Youtubes, if you can stomach it. Tuned down and cracking during the high parts.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    LOL wow Hagar is really pulling out all the stops.

A week ago he says Alex hates him but now "they're looking through the archives to release stuff from my era....remasters.."

Alex doesn't want Sam to make another dime off of VH so he will do everything he can to not have any Van Hagar stuff released/re-released.

And I can't see WB wanting to invest any money on Van Hagar either. Sure the diehards will pick it up but you just have to look at the streaming stats for Van Hagar vs CVH and there's no comparison. If the market demanded Van Hagar then so be it but its not.
    Oh come on. People are just dying to buy Dreams, Right Now and Love Walks In on vinyl in a special Sammy Era boxed set containing a Cabo Wabo jock strap, a Red Rocker dildo and tequila lime flavored anal lube.

48. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (11-11-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    No, he isn't. He sounds like shit. Go watch some Youtubes, if you can stomach it. Tuned down and cracking during the high parts.
    Sam never sang good.

Thread Information