SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    No, he isn't. He sounds like shit. Go watch some Youtubes, if you can stomach it. Tuned down and cracking during the high parts.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 4 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (11-11-2022),Silexxx (11-11-2022),Von Halen (11-11-2022),ZahZoo (11-11-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

How did it take a year for this to be posted here?

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 12:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The guy now is just a bumbling word salad that can't keep a story straight. Oh yeah I don't want to start beef with Alex but he has a stick up his ass. Eddie was messed up and angry but he was also amazing and deserves a tribute. The guy's a fucking hack.

And yeah, you and Mike are cut from the same cloth. A cloth that's 5 sizes too big to fit your fat asses into. Both of them sold out a long time ago. At least Mike usually has the sanity to keep his mouth shut.

6. Thanked MasonL for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (11-12-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This guy (surely he must be a member here) does a great job from about 7 minutes in of going through all the Sammy Hagar bullshit and lies over the years.

8. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

FORD (11-11-2022),Nickdfresh (03-12-2023)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    How did it take a year for this to be posted here?
    Totally by accident... I just typed "Sammy Hagar Sucks" into the You Tube search window and that's the first thing that came up.

10. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Silexxx (11-11-2022)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    This guy (surely he must be a member here) does a great job from about 7 minutes in of going through all the Sammy Hagar bullshit and lies over the years.

That has long been by far the thing about Hagar that pissed me off the most, that being his inflated claims.

Didn't particularly hate the guys music before he joined Van Halen. Didn't even bother me that he was the guy Van Halen got to sing after Dave left, because it was never a case of Van Halen chucking Roth out to get Hagar in.

It was Hagar's bullshit, lies and attitude. Hagar from the day he joined Van Halen came off like he thought he was as big an act as a solo artist as Van Halen had been with Roth. Even back in 1985 without record sales figures at the ready, one knew this wasn't the case. Hagar's VOA record had done well the year prior to him joining Van Halen, but before that Hagar was hardly selling out arenas from coast to coast.

The longer he was in Van Halen, the bigger his lies about record sales and concert venue sizes while he was in Van Halen got. Then, he began to rewrite the factual past in interviews about how successful his solo career had been.

I suppose Hagar was trying to portray his joining Van Halen as something other than it was, which was an upgrade for Hagar. I mean, it just was. Hagar's biggest selling effort outside of Van Halen, VOA, went platinum. Not multi-platinum, but it broke a million copies. That same year, Van Halen's 1984 went multi-platinum and eventually sold 10 million + copies. Had Hagar not joined Van Halen, he wouldn't have released multi-platinum albums and sold out 15,000 seat arenas coast-to-coast.

The interesting part of the clip was the guy talking about the Montrose album, and how Hagar attempted to retroactively inflate the sales for THAT record. Interesting in that after Hagar joined Van Halen the Montrose record got mentioned a bit in interviews, but I had never heard Montrose played on the radio and none of my friends had the record or had heard of it. A rock album that sold 4 million copies in the US alone in the mid-1970s, that would still have been getting airplay on classic rock stations in the 1980s and beyond. Now, learning that the album sold not 4 but 1 million copies, it's a bit more understandable as to why one never heard any of it on the radio nor hears any of it today.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 12:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Much of Sam's career (and his entire business career) has been overcompensating for the fact that his music contributed nothing. It didn't impact anybody, didn't push the envelope, didn't inspire anybody to do anything. It fit it nicely with popular music at the time and made him enough money to pay off the boat. As time went on and people began to demand the Classic VH more and more while his material faded away, he got angrier and angrier. He couldn't, and still can't deal with the fact that people look right past his songs when they think of "Van Halen." He knows that without any Van Halen attached to he cred he would be absolutely nothing in the history of music. Now all he's left with is tequila, toys, money and a bunch of other material possessions to try and fill a hole. It's a sad story indeed. Blinding himself with toys like Charles Foster Kane.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    “Mikey is like my brother from another mother. So much so that back in the early Van Halen days, Eddie would get all jealous. Because Mike and I would get into these soulful conversations for hours, and Eddie would be on the outside looking in.

“And this was when we were all getting along great, not towards the end when our marriage fell apart. But even in the early days, Eddie would say, ‘Hey, I wanna hang out like you and Mike do.’ And I was like, ‘Cool, man. Let's do it. So, what's the problem?’
    Sammy and Eddie had houses next to each other in Malibu. Pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the Guitar World interviews. A quick Google found this:

Eddie and Sammy began working on “Finish What Ya Started” at 2 AM one morning when Eddie made a middle-of-the-night trip to Sammy’s house in Malibu, which was next door to his home.
    But 35 years later that story will probably change, too. "I bought a house next to Ed and that fucker wouldn't talk to me! Some neighbor!"
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11-11-2022 at 06:38 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Sam’s house was two doors down. I really don’t care about a band’s soap opera. A band is like a business. It’s people working together towards a common goal. Some band mates are friends. Rush is a good example. In other bands it’s a business relationship. The Van Halen’s did pn’t let Dave in the band because they were friends. They let Dave in because they could use his PA system and not pay Dave rent for it. If Dave didn’t have something the brothers wanted Dave would not be in Van Halen.

All I care about is he end product produced. I could care less about who’s backstabbing who. Who stole who’s girlfriend or why the singer’s son looks a lot like the drummer. The drummer was probably banging something other than the drums.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    Much of Sam's career (and his entire business career) has been overcompensating for the fact that his music contributed nothing. It didn't impact anybody, didn't push the envelope, didn't inspire anybody to do anything. It fit it nicely with popular music at the time and made him enough money to pay off the boat. As time went on and people began to demand the Classic VH more and more while his material faded away, he got angrier and angrier. He couldn't, and still can't deal with the fact that people look right past his songs when they think of "Van Halen." He knows that without any Van Halen attached to he cred he would be absolutely nothing in the history of music. Now all he's left with is tequila, toys, money and a bunch of other material possessions to try and fill a hole. It's a sad story indeed. Blinding himself with toys like Charles Foster Kane.
    Sam should just be happy as holy shit that he managed to get the amount of money he has. The guy is constantly showing off the type of life he lives but Sam isn’t content driving cars very few people get to drive. Sam isn’t content that he can park his dick in better pussy than he could if he was a house painter. Sam isn’t content with multiple houses in fabulous destinations.

Nope. Sam wants to be a legend. That he isn’t. Eddie is a legend. Dave is a legend. Sammy Hagar isn’t and deep down Sammy knows it. Van Halen is over. No Eddie Van Halen no Van Van Halen. Sam is too stupid to realize that reality. He desperately wants to do something with Alex and Mike to focus the VH legacy on himself. It’s some lame ass shit but Sam wants it so bad.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-12-2022 at 01:19 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sam’s house was two doors down. I really don’t care about a band’s soap opera. A band is like a business. It’s people working together towards a common goal. Some band mates are friends. Rush is a good example. In other bands it’s a business relationship. The Van Halen’s did pn’t let Dave in the band because they were friends. They let Dave in because they could use his PA system and not pay Dave rent for it. If Dave didn’t have something the brothers wanted Dave would not be in Van Halen.

All I care about is he end product produced. I could care less about who’s backstabbing who. Who stole who’s girlfriend or why the singer’s son looks a lot like the drummer. The drummer was probably banging something other than the drums.
    I dunno where I read it but at a certain point Ed and Dave were friends and they hung out and did stuff together. That relationship frayed and yeah it became mainly business. But I think up until maybe the Fair Warning era they were genuine friends if not BFF's...

I think a good example is the Dave vs. Eddie peanuts/guacamole fight where Steve Perry was the collateral damage on their first album tour in 1978...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-12-2022 at 02:56 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sam should just be happy as holy shit that he managed to get the amount of money he has. The guy is constantly showing off the type of life he lives but Sam isn’t content driving cars very few people get to drive. Sam isn’t content that he can park his dick in better pussy than he could if he was a house painter. Sam isn’t content with multiple houses in fabulous destinations.

Nope. Sam wants to be a legend. That he isn’t. Eddie is a legend. Dave is a legend. Sammy Hagar isn’t and deep down Sammy knows it. Van Halen is over. No Eddie Van Halen no Van Van Halen. Sam is too stupid to realize that reality. He desperately wants to do something with Alex and Mike to focus the VH legacy on himself. It’s some lame ass shit but Sam wants it so bad.
    My guess is that Sam's house painters put their dicks in Sam's pussy along with the pool boy. Just sayin'...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sam did work as a house painter in San Francisco. He was one of the naive losers who went up there attracted by the summer of love illusion. Well he only could bum so far and he needed a job. He started painting houses. He probably made additional money and got drugs by being a sex gimp for rich old perverts in Pacific Heights. But Sam is a San Francisco guy and not an LA guy. That says it all. Sam craves the gay bay.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I dunno where I read it but at a certain point Ed and Dave were friends and they hung out and did stuff together. That relationship frayed and yeah it became mainly business. But I think up until maybe the Fair Warning era they were genuine friends if not BFF's...

I think a good example is the Dave vs. Eddie peanuts/guacamole fight where Steve Perry was the collateral damage on their first album tour in 1978...
    Oddly enough success will ruin a band. Guys who can work together when there is little money and things are shoe string start to turn on each other when they become comfortable. Several managers have pointed this phenomenon out. You build a band up and when they finally make it they fall apart.

I think maybe the cracks with Ed and Dave started to form when each of them started to think they didn’t need the other. Eddie wanted to leave the band at one point because he couldn’t stand Roth any longer. Alex had to tell Ed it’s working so stick it out. Maybe if Alex wasn’t in the band Ed would have left and VH would have fallen apart sooner.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Anyways it did come apart. Neil Zlowzower said there’s Dave and then there’s Diamond Dave. They are very different. Dave is always a great guy to hang with. Diamond Dave sometimes is a person you don’t want to be around. One thing I heard about Dave is he’s extremely moody and he’s got this Dr. jeckyl and Mr. Hyde type personality. You aren’t exactly sure what Dave you are going to get.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anyways it did come apart. Neil Zlowzower said there’s Dave and then there’s Diamond Dave. They are very different. Dave is always a great guy to hang with. Diamond Dave sometimes is a person you don’t want to be around. One thing I heard about Dave is he’s extremely moody and he’s got this Dr. jeckyl and Mr. Hyde type personality. You aren’t exactly sure what Dave you are going to get.
    Monk said as much. During their tour of Britain with Black Sabbith in 1978, the mood of the entire band turned sour, as Van Halen was used to having groupies and getting laid. But Sabbith is vagina-repellant apparently and VH were a relative unknown quantity in the UK, so they didn't have many women in the crowds. This especially made Dave a prick being the narcissist he is. One of the roadies managed to pull a girl in a pub one night and caught up with the bus later the next morning after they had stopped for breakfast and this made Dave irate and while everyone else was cheering this kid, Dave said he should be fired. Monk, then touring manager, was disgusted and took a bite of Dave's uneaten hamburger when he was off sulking and this only made him more pissed and moody. Monk said he regretted it and apologized at first and said is was a joke but sort of ended up threatening Dave telling him to grow up and snap out of it.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Noel Monk related overall that Dave was in many ways the most professional of the band when it came to schedules, traveling, and being on time. But he also said there were times he and his crew would coerce and threaten Dave when he had these fits of pouting and malingering or even went a bit off the rails. He said he wasn't around when the crew handcuffed Dave and was pissed off about it saying it was unnecessary and that he knew how to handle Dave without resorting to extremes...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It’s rock and roll. You are dealing with people who can’t live a normal lifestyle. Many seem to have attention deficit disorder. Others have other issues. It’s a circus of screwballs and the managers tend to be more responsible screwballs. It’s a shady/dysfunctional business so shit happens. People love the dysfunction until it it self-destructs and there’s no more freak show to enjoy.

Anyways I think Noel Monk did a good job describing the fantasies of the fans and the reality behind the scenes. Now the freak show is in politics. Rock and roll looks sane compared to that.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy Hagar says David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs so “easy” he can sing them while..

Another prime example of his douchebaggery and moral decay. He can sing DLR era VH like his wife takes the pool boy! Thank God this loser is fading from the limelight and knows it with his desperate spin-faggitry

Sammy Hagar says David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs so “easy” he can sing them while ‘lying on his back, smoking a cigarette’
    The rocker revealed his thoughts in a recent discussion about a potential Van Halen reunion.

Sammy Hagar "will suck dick for attention"...

Singing David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs is apparently a piece of cake for Sammy Hagar, who describes them as so “easy” he could sing them while ‘lying on his back’.

READ MORE: Sammy Hagar claims he’s been ‘blocked’ from Van Halen reunion: “Alex has got a stick up his ass about something with me still”
    In a new interview with Growth TV, Hagar spoke of his willingness to participate in a Van Halen reunion project should it ever come into fruition, saying, “Oh hell yes. I would be involved, and I would insist that Dave come along somehow. He’s not so friendly.”

“He doesn’t play well with others and never has and never will, but if he didn’t want to do it, then, of course, I can always sing those songs,” the rocker explained. “Those songs are easy. I sing those songs, lying on my back, smoking a cigarette, even though I don’t smoke.”

“That would be awesome. I would say that if Alex [Van Halen] and Mike [former VH bassist Michael Anthony] are in, Mike and I are really tight; Alex is a little quirky, and I don’t know what he really wants to do.”

The rocker also added that Wolfgang Van Halen probably wouldn’t be interested in reuniting the band, saying “Wolfie is the guy, but I don’t think Wolfie wants to do that. I don’t communicate with Wolfie that much. I’m not really that close with Wolfie anymore since I was not in the band. When he was little, I was really close to Wolfie.”

Explaining that Wolfgang has got his own career going on, Hagar said, “He’s doing a great job with his own band. He’s really making it. He’s making a carbon on a name for himself. Original. And I think the coolest thing he ever did was say, ‘No. I’m not going to try to fill my dad’s shoes. I’m going to go out and be Wolfie.’ He’s got his dad’s shoes on. He’s wearing it. He’s got his dad’s heart. He’s doing the right thing.”

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/s...-easy-reunion/
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-23-2022 at 12:04 PM.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy Hagar says David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs so “easy” he can sing them while ‘lying on his back, smoking a cigarette’
    Well, duh. Hardy a dig - that's probably how Dave sang 'em in the first place.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Another prime example of his douchebaggery and moral decay. He can sing DLR era VH like his wife takes the pool boy! Thank God this loser is fading from the limelight and knows it with his desperate spin-faggitry

The rocker revealed his thoughts in a recent discussion about a potential Van Halen reunion.

Sammy Hagar "will suck dick for attention"...

Singing David Lee Roth’s Van Halen songs is apparently a piece of cake for Sammy Hagar, who describes them as so “easy” he could sing them while ‘lying on his back’.

READ MORE: Sammy Hagar claims he’s been ‘blocked’ from Van Halen reunion: “Alex has got a stick up his ass about something with me still”
    In a new interview with Growth TV, Hagar spoke of his willingness to participate in a Van Halen reunion project should it ever come into fruition, saying, “Oh hell yes. I would be involved, and I would insist that Dave come along somehow. He’s not so friendly.”

“He doesn’t play well with others and never has and never will, but if he didn’t want to do it, then, of course, I can always sing those songs,” the rocker explained. “Those songs are easy. I sing those songs, lying on my back, smoking a cigarette, even though I don’t smoke.”

“That would be awesome. I would say that if Alex [Van Halen] and Mike [former VH bassist Michael Anthony] are in, Mike and I are really tight; Alex is a little quirky, and I don’t know what he really wants to do.”

The rocker also added that Wolfgang Van Halen probably wouldn’t be interested in reuniting the band, saying “Wolfie is the guy, but I don’t think Wolfie wants to do that. I don’t communicate with Wolfie that much. I’m not really that close with Wolfie anymore since I was not in the band. When he was little, I was really close to Wolfie.”

Explaining that Wolfgang has got his own career going on, Hagar said, “He’s doing a great job with his own band. He’s really making it. He’s making a carbon on a name for himself. Original. And I think the coolest thing he ever did was say, ‘No. I’m not going to try to fill my dad’s shoes. I’m going to go out and be Wolfie.’ He’s got his dad’s shoes on. He’s wearing it. He’s got his dad’s heart. He’s doing the right thing.”

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/s...-easy-reunion/
    Fucking assclown.

Seriously, this guy is the worst of the worst.

Newsflash Spammy: Alex hates your guts so fuck off.

Also, he is the biggest liar on the planet. Hagar back in VH days never wanted to sing Dave songs and had no interest in doing so. I recall an interview during those years where he says so himself - "those raps are hard for me to sing". Not to mention the sweet deal Leffler made that for every CVH song Ed and Al wanted to play they would have to play a Hagar solo song. Hence why so little of CVH was played (as Ed didn't like Sam's solo material).

Yeah, so fuck off you cheeseball.
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 12-23-2022 at 04:12 PM.

27. 3 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Silexxx (12-24-2022),Terry (12-24-2022),Von Halen (12-23-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ha! Ha! Yeah right. Sam is an old fuck with insecurities. Drives him crazy that he will never be considered the top frontman of Van Halen. Roth lives rent free in Sam’s head haunting him. Dave in 1978 could mop the floor with Sam like he was a wet maxi pad. Go ahead and cry Sam. Cry. Cry. Cry. Ha! Ha! Dave lived life so much faster than you and did more stage antics and moves than you. It’s amazing he’s still alive. Ok Sam. I want you to jump off a 12 foot drum riser Roth style and go into On Fire and scream the hell out of it. Do it! Or shut up.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mike and me are really tight. Mike is like an alien looking for my opening and love comes walking in right up my Hershey highway you can’t drive 55 on. It’s what dreams are all about.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    When he was little I was really close to Wolfie. Yikes! Pedo bear alert!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sam really is a freak. He should be a Chicago teacher or working for the Deparment of Energy. The only difference is Sam would steal men’s luggage to sniff the dirty underwear.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ha! Ha! Yeah right. Sam is an old fuck with insecurities. Drives him crazy that he will never be considered the top frontman of Van Halen. Roth lives rent free in Sam’s head haunting him. Dave in 1978 could mop the floor with Sam like he was a wet maxi pad. Go ahead and cry Sam. Cry. Cry. Cry. Ha! Ha! Dave lived life so much faster than you and did more stage antics and moves than you. It’s amazing he’s still alive. Ok Sam. I want you to jump off a 12 foot drum riser Roth style and go into On Fire and scream the hell out of it. Do it! Or shut up.
    I haven't heard Roth say much about Hagar since rejoining Van Halen in 2006. Couple of comments in some podcast interviews when asked about it, and usually Roth would say something along the lines of him and Hagar being different people so obviously their approach was different, etc. Which was appropriate to my way of thinking, because who gives a shit about the Hagar vs. Roth stuff anymore? Other than lazy interviewers looking for rotten fruit to smell...

Point being that even Dave in the last 10-15 years doesn't even give a toss about Hagar.

While I suppose Hagar will be asked about Van Halen in every interview, just based on his responses clearly he still does have insecurities about the Roth-fronted Van Halen being considered the definitive one. I mean, Hagar has to be well into his 70s by now, yet is still trying to win some antiquated press war with Dave that Dave isn't even participating in...all the while making public overtures to Alex that he and Mike Anthony would be ready to give 'Van Halen' another try.

It's like, dude, Eddie is dead. Van Halen is done. Quit pissing and moaning about David Lee Roth and get on with what remains of the rest of your life. Go to Cabo. Have a drink or two. Play with your band. Stop talking about writing songs with The Ghost Of Eddie Van Halen.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave doesn't need to worry about Hagar. Spam did one reunion tour and it was a complete fucking disaster. Dave did three tours & a (sort of) new album. Also, classic Van Halen albums continue to sell, while nobody's given a shit about Van Hagar for years.

Results speak for themselves... and Sammy hates that.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I could understand Hagar making public comments from 2007 to 2019 about how he was still up for a Van Halen tour re: Hagar's rationale. In that clearly there was a chance that the arrangement between the Van Halens and Roth could potentially sour.

Who cares now that Eddie is gone? Are there really that many people out there who want to see Sammy, Mike, Alex and someone other than Eddie Van Halen playing Van Hagar songs live?

I mean, I love CVH and have zero interest in seeing Roth, Alex, Mike and whoever (Eddie's kid, Satriani, Vai or whoever else) playing CVH tunes live.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I haven't heard Roth say much about Hagar since rejoining Van Halen in 2006. Couple of comments in some podcast interviews when asked about it, and usually Roth would say something along the lines of him and Hagar being different people so obviously their approach was different, etc. Which was appropriate to my way of thinking, because who gives a shit about the Hagar vs. Roth stuff anymore? Other than lazy interviewers looking for rotten fruit to smell...

Point being that even Dave in the last 10-15 years doesn't even give a toss about Hagar.

While I suppose Hagar will be asked about Van Halen in every interview, just based on his responses clearly he still does have insecurities about the Roth-fronted Van Halen being considered the definitive one. I mean, Hagar has to be well into his 70s by now, yet is still trying to win some antiquated press war with Dave that Dave isn't even participating in...all the while making public overtures to Alex that he and Mike Anthony would be ready to give 'Van Halen' another try.

It's like, dude, Eddie is dead. Van Halen is done. Quit pissing and moaning about David Lee Roth and get on with what remains of the rest of your life. Go to Cabo. Have a drink or two. Play with your band. Stop talking about writing songs with The Ghost Of Eddie Van Halen.
    I don’t think Dave bashed Sammy that much. Heck. Van Halen was at its height and Dave wanted to strike the metal full force because it was hot. If the other guys weren’t willing Dave just took off on his own and had a good run with his own band. Most everyone in the VH office went with Dave and Ted Templeman even went with him.

Dave was happy. Sam got the biggest break ever and bashes Dave. Sorry. Why bash a previous band member that did nothing to you except open up a slot in a band you were very lucky to get. Sam is just dumb.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yeah the battle of the bands shit is fine when you are in your 20’s. Talking some dirt and pounding your chest is normal for young egotistical rock punks. It’s stupid for guys pushing 80 to do.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    David Lee Roth is a rock and roll legend. It’s written in stone. It’s historical fact. When people name the best front men ever it’s going to be Freddy Mercury, Mick Jagger, David Lee Roth and few others. Sam will not be on the roster and Sam knows it and it drives his huge ego nuts. Roth will never be forgotten as much as Sam wishes he could erase Dave’s legacy.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thank fuck the guy that gave us the national treasure that is "Up For Breakfast" can sing any Dave song easily...

39. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Silexxx (12-26-2022)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thank fuck the guy that gave us the national treasure that is "Up For Breakfast" can sing any Dave song easily...
    Was anybody wondering if Hagar could sing any Dave song easily?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He sure never sang one well from whatever I've heard...

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You though he had a big opinion of himself before....

A&E Network To Air 'Biography' Episode On Sammy Hagar

Produced by Banger Films under the award-winning “Biography” banner, the specials will celebrate
    icons including Alice Cooper, Bret Michaels, Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider, Sammy Hagar, and Skid Row’s
    Sebastian Bach.

“Biography: Sammy Hagar” traces Hagar’s path to fame, beginning as a poverty-stricken child, to
    the lead singer of the band Montrose, to launching a successful solo career, and ultimately joining
    Van Halen. The documentary explores how Hagar helped Van Halen get their first ever number one
    hit, finally uncovers what led a band that was on the top of world to suddenly split apart, and how
    Hagar has continued to leave his mark on the hard rock genre.

Still, I'll probably watch all of 'em.

Full story at:
    https://mortystv.com/blog/2023/03/08...ebastian-bach/

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Icon" sure doesn't mean what it used to.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    You though he had a big opinion of himself before....

A&E Network To Air 'Biography' Episode On Sammy Hagar

Produced by Banger Films under the award-winning “Biography” banner, the specials will celebrate
    icons including Alice Cooper, Bret Michaels, Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider, Sammy Hagar, and Skid Row’s
    Sebastian Bach.

“Biography: Sammy Hagar” traces Hagar’s path to fame, beginning as a poverty-stricken child, to
    the lead singer of the band Montrose, to launching a successful solo career, and ultimately joining
    Van Halen. The documentary explores how Hagar helped Van Halen get their first ever number one
    hit, finally uncovers what led a band that was on the top of world to suddenly split apart, and how
    Hagar has continued to leave his mark on the hard rock genre.

Still, I'll probably watch all of 'em.

Full story at:
    https://mortystv.com/blog/2023/03/08...ebastian-bach/
    Not to quibble because I don't particularly like the song, but wasn't Van Halen's first ever number one hit the Jump single?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Not to quibble because I don't particularly like the song, but wasn't Van Halen's first ever number one hit the Jump single?
    Yes, #1 on Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

They're probably referring to 5150 going #1 on the album chart. 1984 was stuck at #2 behind Thriller.

5150's first single only went #3 on the Hot 100.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 03-11-2023 at 09:18 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Yes, #1 on Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

They're probably referring to 5150 going #1 on the album chart. 1984 was stuck at #2 behind Thriller.
    And of course 1984 sold twice as many as 5150.

At this point I'm only bothering to post what we all know because of how high on Google searches posts on this forum sometimes appear...

47. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-12-2023)

Thread Information