X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Kane Roberts' Guitar Solo

I try to always be as positive as I can about guitar playing these days and not be 'that guy' but is it just me or is this a horrible guitar solo spot? If you were in a guitar store and you heard that what would you think?

I guess he will be rusty but I'm glad I caught Nita Strauss earlier in the tour...

• Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

He's definitely no George Lynch.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

When did Rambo start playing guitar?

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Oh, and while on the subject slave Lake Erie SESH can you or someone else please explain just what in the fuck this is?

This has to stop.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
          Oh, and while on the subject slave Lake Erie SESH can you or someone else please explain just what in the fuck this is?

This has to stop.
          This is you giving these people a platform.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Platform? What are you talking about? It's people like you that allow for these assholes to flourish. I will never subscribe or support his shitty YouGoob channel.

He's a little Roman Reigns wannabe in my opinion

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

You found it. You watched it. You reposted it.

YOU are the problem with people like this. YOU give them their platform.

FACT!

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

WRONG!

Quit being such a turd gobbler.

I reposted it for "educational purposes" like how you post Kid Rock on what the exact definition of shit means.

Comment

• Mushroom
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2009

This is where the leader needs to figure out a bass solo is more interesting than a Kane guitar solo.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Nita is a good player and even better, she’s a nice person.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I think having good songs is more important than doing wanky guitar solos. A few people are worth watching them wank. Most aren’t.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Of course but this 3 minute thing isn't technically impressive, it's not musically good and it's poorly played.

I only posted it because it was notably poor. If it was fine or mediocre or meh I wouldn't have. I think it's interesting how shit it is to the point of being interesting. Why is it so shit?

This guy has been a professional recording artist for over 25 years.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-08-2022, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Maybe he’s the only fish Alice could catch on short notice. Anyways it was ugly.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            I try to always be as positive as I can about guitar playing these days and not be 'that guy' but is it just me or is this a horrible guitar solo spot? If you were in a guitar store and you heard that what would you think?

I guess he will be rusty but I'm glad I caught Nita Strauss earlier in the tour...

Honestly?

It sounds like something me and the two other buds I grew up with - all of us having taken up guitar at the age of 12 or so - were doing in our garage/basement bands in 1984 when we were 14 years old and had been playing for 2 years. Very Nigel Tufnelesque.

I do remember seeing live footage of Roberts playing with Alice Cooper in the mid 1980s...maybe...1986, or 1987? Probably saw it on MTV or a live home video release or something. From what I recall, Roberts was playing the same type of licks then, so maybe as you say he's out of practice or rusty...fucked if I know.

That clip kinda reminded me of a clip of a C.C. DeVille solo spot at a Poison show at some point in the mid-2000's, where DeVille was playing those same types of Tufnel weedley-weedley-weeeeeeeee licks. And I thought that even a guitar player without an amazing amount of technical ability in the 1980s, you'd think twenty years later any guitar player would be a bit better just by virtue of twenty years of playing, yet DeVille...wasn't.

I will say, though, I saw Cooper in 2007 and 2015 - both times in opening slots - and I enjoyed Cooper both times. Not even close to being a huge fan, either, but I liked both the shows. Then again, I always liked that We're All Clones single, so that probably tells you I'm not a hardcore or 'proper' Cooper fan.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Yeah, it's not like slave Lake Erie SESH platformed this shit or anything.

Comment

Working...