FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

WVH: "I play Panama for my dad, not for you guys"

At least he's honest. But though I don't know who he was addressing (maybe a true cunt), it really smells of contempt.

Capture.JPG
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    He despises some of his father's fans and uses his grief anger on social media to lash out at them... seems typical.

Can't blame him... his dad hated the same people who made him rich and globally famous. Quite frankly a good number of assholes make up the Van Halen fan base... This is the way...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 3 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (10-01-2022),Nickdfresh (10-02-2022),Nitro Express (10-01-2022)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    I suppose it's easy when thinking of the monetary reward that from a non-famous standpoint I couldn't imagine not ever being publicly gracious toward the fans.

Then again, maybe it'd be all too easy the longer one is famous to take the fans for granted.

Wolfgang at times gives off an attitude of someone who has lived an entitled existence all his life, possibly because he literally HAS had such an existence all his life. It doesn't seem that he's had to really work for anything in terms of starting from nothing. His fame and his money being bequeathed to him by the fact of his lineage.

Being the kid of Eddie Van Halen got his feet in the door. Doubtless a percentage of VH fans will have an interest in what he does musically going forward. Probably would be a smart move to just refrain from engaging with rude comments directed toward him on social media, but he's free to go down that rabbit hole. I can't see how doing so is going to help him in terms of his career going forward, although maybe trolling fans online and playing VH tunes will pretty much be his career going forward...kinda seems to be shaping up that way.

Maybe he should go the Janie Hendrix route. At least that might result in getting some of whatever unreleased Van Halen stuff exists out there.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    He despises some of his father's fans and uses his grief anger on social media to lash out at them... seems typical.

Can't blame him... his dad hated the same people who made him rich and globally famous. Quite frankly a good number of assholes make up the Van Halen fan base... This is the way...
    I think he lashes out at people who really don't deserve the lashing. He dumps on people for real little things. For the people who put his dad's death certificate online, sure, rip em but don't rip someone for asking if you are going to play any Van Halen songs in your show. It might annoy you but the person didn't deserve to be pissed on. Just say no, I'm playing all my own material and I got a great band and we are looking forward to seeing you! Like I said, you act like an asshole and people start to not like you and even if they might like your music they will go he's an ass and you lost someone. More if more think that way.

You don't see seasoned pros talking shit to the fans online. You just don't do it. Use the internet for promotion and not a punching bag or psychiatrist office.

6. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (11-14-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Anyways if Wolfgang wants to have a long career in entertainment he's got a lot to learn. Right now he's riding on his last name, sympathy for his dad's death, curiosity, and the death of the Foo Fighter drummer and being asked to be at the tribute concerts. Yeah he plays pretty good and his songs aren't bad and he's out doing something instead of sitting home depressed and angry. I give him credit for that but the guy just doesn't have the rocket sauce to get away with having a big ego and teasing people. You've got to be pretty damn talented and mesmerizing to treat people like shit and get away with it. Wolf isn't that good.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wolfgang is no Eddie Van Halen and he's no David Lee Roth. Far from it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think a lot of fans are saying hey fatso, you ain't your dad, cool the attitude.

10. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (10-03-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I suppose it's easy when thinking of the monetary reward that from a non-famous standpoint I couldn't imagine not ever being publicly gracious toward the fans.

Then again, maybe it'd be all too easy the longer one is famous to take the fans for granted.

Wolfgang at times gives off an attitude of someone who has lived an entitled existence all his life, possibly because he literally HAS had such an existence all his life. It doesn't seem that he's had to really work for anything in terms of starting from nothing. His fame and his money being bequeathed to him by the fact of his lineage.

Being the kid of Eddie Van Halen got his feet in the door. Doubtless a percentage of VH fans will have an interest in what he does musically going forward. Probably would be a smart move to just refrain from engaging with rude comments directed toward him on social media, but he's free to go down that rabbit hole. I can't see how doing so is going to help him in terms of his career going forward, although maybe trolling fans online and playing VH tunes will pretty much be his career going forward...kinda seems to be shaping up that way.

Maybe he should go the Janie Hendrix route. At least that might result in getting some of whatever unreleased Van Halen stuff exists out there.
    Ah Wolf is just like the little emperors in China. Due to the one child policy the parents spoil their only child and they are brats and there aren't any women for them because the girls got aborted. it's a fucked up situation. Them rich Chinese kids in Shanghai are the worst.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think Wolfgang has already hit his climax. Nobody is going to care about the guy five years from now. Unless he does something cool with the EVH brand or in music worthy of attention, nobody is going to care. He doesn't need a career. He's inherited a fortune.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    At least he's honest. But though I don't know who he was addressing (maybe a true cunt), it really smells of contempt.

Capture.JPG
    It's contempt. He loves to tease and piss.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I think Wolfgang has already hit his climax. Nobody is going to care about the guy five years from now. Unless he does something cool with the EVH brand or in music worthy of attention, nobody is going to care. He doesn't need a career. He's inherited a fortune.
    For me, the only real interest I have concerning him is if he gives his stamp of approval or signs off on releasing old Van Halen audio/video, or if he is instrumental in getting some sort of 'box set' with rarities released. Be it in a downloaded form or whatever. And even THAT interest has been waning for me over the years...I've become more and more used to the idea that such a release won't happen, and from that have learned by necessity to be content with my own audio/video boots, the entire content of which is probably available online somewhere - Youtube - in terms of the live audio and video boots I do have.

I mean, I don't know how interested I'm supposed to be watching anybody playing Eddie's licks other than Eddie. Seeing Wolfgang play those VH tunes live with Grohl didn't really mean anything to me. It certainly didn't mean something more to me than seeing a non-celeb play Eddie's licks in a guitar store or online. I dunno...maybe for others it is more meaningful or is a meaningful thing...or a meaningful tribute from Wolfgang to his father, and I suppose I can understand why someone else might feel that way about it. On a basic level of human decency or empathy, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that Wolfgang and his father were very close and it was a painful experience to see his father waste away like he did...and playing his father's music live again with Grohl was an upbeat experience for him.

As a fan, I have no expectations of Van Halen going forward. Not even a box set release. And, you know, it's all good. Even if Wolfgang relaunched Van Halen with him on guitar, fine with me.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Anyways if Wolfgang wants to have a long career in entertainment he's got a lot to learn. Right now
    he's riding on his last name, sympathy for his dad's death, curiosity,and the death of the Foo Fighter
    drummer and being asked to be at the tribute concerts. Yeah he plays pretty good and his songs
    aren't bad and he's out doing something instead of sitting home depressed and angry.
    Yeah, rock really isn't where it's at right now, playlist-wise. He'll have to come out with some really
    exceptional sounding material to make a dent in listeners ears. He can only ride the VH name for
    so long until the shine is off that diamond. I've not listened/watched any of his solo MVH stuff so I
    can't comment on his performances but I've not seen much press (or comments here) to suggest
    that he's got serious chops to go the distance.

Maybe he does. Or maybe he's done in 5 years (as Nitro says.) I think that's probably the more
    likely scenario. Unless he cobbles together some VH-related act which will probably not go over
    so well.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 12:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Wolf needs to get off social media. It's that simple. Focus on your music. It took what, over six years to finally get one album out? I understand he's playing all the instruments or whatever, but still. While saying he's riding his dad's coattails might be a little shortsighted, there's a lot of truth to it. The guy has gained weight exponentially since 2015 and hasn't put out much. That comes from being raised in a mansion since the day you're born and not having to earn a single thing in life. Ed and Dave in the early days had to eat and pay their rent. Just a totally different approach to the music. This is the case for the vast majority of musicians nowadays, in fact. It's an artsy-fartsy hobby, not a job anymore.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    For me, the only real interest I have concerning him is if he gives his stamp of approval or signs off on releasing old Van Halen audio/video, or if he is instrumental in getting some sort of 'box set' with rarities released. Be it in a downloaded form or whatever. And even THAT interest has been waning for me over the years...I've become more and more used to the idea that such a release won't happen, and from that have learned by necessity to be content with my own audio/video boots, the entire content of which is probably available online somewhere - Youtube - in terms of the live audio and video boots I do have.

I mean, I don't know how interested I'm supposed to be watching anybody playing Eddie's licks other than Eddie. Seeing Wolfgang play those VH tunes live with Grohl didn't really mean anything to me. It certainly didn't mean something more to me than seeing a non-celeb play Eddie's licks in a guitar store or online. I dunno...maybe for others it is more meaningful or is a meaningful thing...or a meaningful tribute from Wolfgang to his father, and I suppose I can understand why someone else might feel that way about it. On a basic level of human decency or empathy, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that Wolfgang and his father were very close and it was a painful experience to see his father waste away like he did...and playing his father's music live again with Grohl was an upbeat experience for him.

As a fan, I have no expectations of Van Halen going forward. Not even a box set release. And, you know, it's all good. Even if Wolfgang relaunched Van Halen with him on guitar, fine with me.
    I think the guy who holds the reins on Van Halen is Alex. I’m not even sure if Wolfgang legally was a member of the band, he could have been an employee on the band. I think Wolfie did say his uncle was the head of the Van Halen franchise. Ed said the best stuff went out and there’s a ton of bootlegs. I heard a VH cover the other day I hadn’t heard before. I think we’ve seen or heard most of it. I don’t think there are a bunch of gems hidden in a vault somewhere. I don’t think that stash of tapes at 5150 would be all that interesting. Probably hours on hours of Ed noodling.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    Wolf needs to get off social media. It's that simple. Focus on your music. It took what, over six years to finally get one album out? I understand he's playing all the instruments or whatever, but still. While saying he's riding his dad's coattails might be a little shortsighted, there's a lot of truth to it. The guy has gained weight exponentially since 2015 and hasn't put out much. That comes from being raised in a mansion since the day you're born and not having to earn a single thing in life. Ed and Dave in the early days had to eat and pay their rent. Just a totally different approach to the music. This is the case for the vast majority of musicians nowadays, in fact. It's an artsy-fartsy hobby, not a job anymore.
    Agreed. His posts made me cringe big time.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you are going to be on social media do it like Orianthi or David Coverdale. Both use it well.

20. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (10-03-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    He could be way worse. Maybe I’m ripping him because I would like to see him succeed and being obese means a short life. I’ve seen diabetes and heart disease take people in their late 40’s and early 50’s. I lost a brother and a uncle because they lived the Wolfie lifestyle.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I tried to help my brother. He became a engineer and programmer and stopped being active and started putting the weight on. We used to ski together and he was in great shape in his teens and early 20’s but he became one of those Silicone Valley tech geeks working long hours and eating like shit and he ended up getting fat like a lot of them do and he died from catastrophic coronary failure at 52.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think the guy who holds the reins on Van Halen is Alex. I’m not even sure if Wolfgang legally was a member of the band, he could have been an employee on the band. I think Wolfie did say his uncle was the head of the Van Halen franchise. Ed said the best stuff went out and there’s a ton of bootlegs. I heard a VH cover the other day I hadn’t heard before. I think we’ve seen or heard most of it. I don’t think there are a bunch of gems hidden in a vault somewhere. I don’t think that stash of tapes at 5150 would be all that interesting. Probably hours on hours of Ed noodling.
    When the Memphis 1981 show leaked out ten years ago or so, I wondered if there were more shows on that tour and subsequent ones shot by the band in that manner, which appears to be a single fixed video camera on the mixing board platform.

Anyway, stuff along those lines is what I'd be interested in. As you say, there may well be hundreds of home recorded hours of Ed noodling, but I would have zero interest in hearing that kind of stuff.

It'd be interesting to see/hear what Dave and Mike have - video footage, taped concerts, etc. - from those years.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Some venues like the Capitol Center would professionally film concerts. A lot of that footage out there including a Van Halen show. Michael Anthony said they would have their live shows filmed occasionally so the band could see how they looked and use the footage to improve their stage presence. He said he had no idea who had that old footage or if it even still existed but there you go. Bands worth a shit work on their presentation. Are you listening Wolfie? Your dad and uncle didn’t just wing it. Al drummed a certain way because it looked more cool. He customized his kick drums. Your dad owned the stage by looking cool, moving around in cool ways and of course the famouse Eddie leaps. Looking good is half the game as Roth perfectly understood.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lot’s of cool stuff still surfacing but it’s like barn or attic finds. VH has nothing to do with it other than being the point of interest.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Wolf is a fat fucking prick.

Won't play Panama for VH fans but will go out and play Panama at a tribute show. What a cunt.

Talented yes but like millions others. See Youtube.

And his album was lame mid-late 90s pop rock.

27. 3 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (10-03-2022),Rikk (11-14-2022),Von Halen (10-03-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post

Won't play Panama for VH fans but will go out and play Panama at a tribute show. What a cunt.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Like I've said before. He held his album from release until his Dad died. Fucking CALCULATED as fuck, to get the sympathy purchase. What a douchebag. He's every bit as big a scumbag as Clichegar.

That hot little bitch will lay under his fat ass long enough to get pregnant, so she can get a pay day from him. Then she will be gone like the wind.

I am so fucking sick of this entitled fat fuck.

I tried to like his shitty album. I tried to give him credit for his talent. I tried to like him. But he seems to despise the ONLY fucking people that were willing to even give him a chance. So I'm done. He can fuck off and eat himself into oblivion. His Mom is a cunt too.

29. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

LightningBolt (10-10-2022),Rikk (11-14-2022),Vinnie Velvet (10-03-2022)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Short term... little to no hope of anything coming out of the Van Halen vaults given the current trends from Wolfgang and Alex.

If there were any possible options... I'd pin it on Alex's kids to share the legacy when he's gone.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Like I've said before. He held his album from release until his Dad died. Fucking CALCULATED as fuck, to get the sympathy purchase. What a douchebag. He's every bit as big a scumbag as Clichegar.

That hot little bitch will lay under his fat ass long enough to get pregnant, so she can get a pay day from him. Then she will be gone like the wind.

I am so fucking sick of this entitled fat fuck.

I tried to like his shitty album. I tried to give him credit for his talent. I tried to like him. But he seems to despise the ONLY fucking people that were willing to even give him a chance. So I'm done. He can fuck off and eat himself into oblivion. His Mom is a cunt too.
    The whole idea of him playing bass for Van Halen was absurd from the get-go, but seemingly the one thing that got Ed motivated to get himself together.

My initial feeling when the first tune from his album was released shortly after Ed died is the timing was oddly convenient. Gave the song and the rest of the album a listen and none of it did much for me, was glad I heard the stuff for free and didn't make a sympathy purchase.

His getting down in the muck with online trolls baiting him on public social media forums comes off as ridiculous.

32. 4 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

LightningBolt (10-10-2022),Nitro Express (10-03-2022),Von Halen (10-03-2022),ZahZoo (10-06-2022)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Short term... little to no hope of anything coming out of the Van Halen vaults given the current trends from Wolfgang and Alex.

If there were any possible options... I'd pin it on Alex's kids to share the legacy when he's gone.
    Be a shame if it takes the passing of Alex to make that happen.

Bigger shame is what Van Halen was way back when. Positive, celebratory. Contrasted with the last couple decades and the way it ended.

34. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (10-03-2022),ZahZoo (10-06-2022)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Assuming they'll have some say in anything that can be released
    will there be any fans or interest remaining by that point?...

36. Thanked silverfish for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (10-03-2022)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The whole idea of him playing bass for Van Halen was absurd from the get-go, but seemingly the one thing that got Ed motivated to get himself together.

My initial feeling when the first tune from his album was released shortly after Ed died is the timing was oddly convenient. Gave the song and the rest of the album a listen and none of it did much for me, was glad I heard the stuff for free and didn't make a sympathy purchase.

His getting down in the muck with online trolls baiting him on public social media forums comes off as ridiculous.
    I held back my comments regarding Wolf and his album before.

But I'm done.

That song Distance was fucking gay.

Fuck off with that shit.

Dude released a sappy tune as a tribute to his Dad, knowing he would get tons of listens and potential sales for his album.

38. 2 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (10-03-2022),Terry (11-13-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post

Our curiosity has been satisfied. Next!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Moment of clarity. Wolfgang hates VH fans. He’s plays VH at two Tribute shows but doesn’t waste time to get on social media and tell VH fans to stick it because he didn’t play it for them. Immature and hateful. Fuck fatty. If he had control of the VH franchise he would keep it locked up and tease on social media he had it and wasn’t going to do shit with it. Well dude. Your dad is dead. I was a fan of him not you. It’s over. I don’t give a fuck about you so tease away. I don’t care. If you piss off the VH fans who really gives a fuck out Mammoth? Really. Once people see what you really are and their curiosity has been satisfied you better be damn good to hold their attention. You ain’t that good kid and you are self destructive.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-03-2022 at 02:08 PM.

41. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (11-14-2022),Vinnie Velvet (10-03-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wolf is a blimp and we will see the Hindenburg disaster in the future. He’s going to blow himself up because he’s full of gas and easily set off.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    Assuming they'll have some say in anything that can be released
    will there be any fans or interest remaining by that point?...
    We will either be dead or in the assisted living home grabbing the nurse’s ass.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I’m a VH fan. Wolf hates me.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Wolf did ok. He’s no Michael Anthony that’s for damn sure but his bass lines were good enough, his tone was good and his vocals were fine. He wasn’t the disaster I thought he was going to be but no stage presence. No enthusiasm. No magic. No charisma. Wolf plays music but he’s no entertainer and there is a difference.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Moment of clarity. Wolfgang hates VH fans. He’s plays VH at two Tribute shows but doesn’t waste time to get on social media and tell VH fans to stick it because he didn’t play it for them. Immature and hateful. Fuck fatty. If he had control of the VH franchise he would keep it locked up and tease on social media he had it and wasn’t going to do shit with it. Well dude. Your dad is dead. I was a fan of him not you. It’s over. I don’t give a fuck about you so tease away. I don’t care. If you piss off the VH fans who really gives a fuck out Mammoth? Really. Once people see what you really are and their curiosity has been satisfied you better be damn good to hold their attention. You ain’t that good kid and you are self destructive.
    Deep down in his fatty gut, he knows he's nothing without the legacy of his dad's band. Why choose to call your own "band" Mammoth then?

So as much as he says he wants to do his own thing he knows he can't promote his fat ass without any call back or reference to VH.

So goes out and plays CVH songs at TWO tribute shows to that foo fighters drummer. Then goes back on social media and says fuck you to the fans - that was for my pop.

I want Wolf to really try and execute a "flying Eddie" scissor kick. Like seriously. It would be the funniest thing ever. Cause we know what the outcome would be. Lol

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh he will always be tied to his dad’s legacy. Oh cry cry my dad was Eddie Van Halen. Boo Hoo! The reality is the guy would get the respect he craves if he behaved better and had the magic. He doesn’t. He writes and plays music. Does he suck? No. Does his art floor and wow people to where they are going God Damn! I never experienced anything like this before! Nope, his dad did that. Want to escape your dad’s legacy when you are his son and your last name is Van Halen? Good luck and get real.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ha! Scissor Kick!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wolf did ok. He’s no Michael Anthony that’s for damn sure but his bass lines were good enough, his tone was good and his vocals were fine. He wasn’t the disaster I thought he was going to be but no stage presence. No enthusiasm. No magic. No charisma. Wolf plays music but he’s no entertainer and there is a difference.
    I'd say after the first Roth reunion tour there the freak show element of Wolfgang being onstage with the band lessened, in that for the first Roth reunion tour Wolfgang just plain looked woefully out of place onstage...least that's the way it looked to me. As you say, no enthusiasm, no magic, no charisma. Just this kid with a schlubby appearance wandering around up there. I could barely hear the bass on the first tour. The second tour, I could actually hear the bass. Again, as you say, the bass playing was good enough. His backing vocals were okay. For the vast bulk of both shows, I barely even noticed he was there, to be frank about it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wolfie looked like a fat bass tech who had to stand in because the real bass player was sick.

51. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (10-04-2022)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

New WVH. Sounds like the first record.. that sounded like Foo Fighters.

Thread Information