I was in the grocery store a couple days ago and heard "Why Can't This Song Be Over" while shopping and it suddenly hit me: therein lies the reason that Van Hagar sucks. It's wholly acceptable to parents, and therefore children.

All those songs were made with sales and popularity in mind. There was no drive. No desperation, no real convicted, committed passion in the music. It had no spirit. That's why those songs may have sold a lot in its time but are used as background music at the grocery store now. And it makes sense because Sam is a businessman. His concern is selling and being liked by as many people as possible.

I've never heard Classic VH played in a setting like that. I don't even think I've heard Jump in the supermarket, which is inarguably their most commercially appealing track. Because the music was made with heart. They were real artists.

And now it's all caught up with Hagar as he pathetically tries to get a piece of VH's legacy all throughout the press, using Ed's death as the vehicle to do so. He's realized that nobody cares about Van Hagar and is turning everything up to 11 to try and cover up for it. He's a sad, miserable man indeed.