Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

To be fair there are some decent ex-footballers that became politicians. Jack Kemp, even Steve Largent seemed mostly lucid. But Walker is just a ball of fucking trainwreck healing full speed into a massive clusterfuck. He's threatened police with a shootout and his own (conservative influencer) son says he's a big cunt that could give a fuck about anyone else, but hey we're a country built on bad decisions.....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-19-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

To be sure re: ex-footballers. Just based on his off-field behavior and what he has said (or attempted to say) during the campaign, Walker to my mind hasn't demonstrated any qualities one would want in an elected official. Other than a general sense Walker will go along with the Trump line in terms of the legislative political agenda should [Walker] win, I can't imagine what Walker voters see in him, but maybe that's all they want. Even though as I mentioned I tend to vote along one party line, the lot in Congress across the board aren't a particularly impressive bunch. In other words, I don't feel the party I usually vote for has a monopoly on wisdom. In point of fact, I really only vote for my party for a single reason, which may itself be a bad decision or choice.

But Walker...eh, fuck it. It's where we're at now. The scary part is we probably haven't even hit bottom yet. Even if Walker loses, it won't feel like we won, if that makes any sense.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

All I know is don't trust whitey.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Do I have to live in Georgia to vote for Walker?
          Well those Georgia senate votes are 2 or 3 times more valuable than yours and worth 10 times a Californian one...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            I'd agree to a point, although for me the difference I suppose would be not particularly caring what football players do or their intellectual ability, whereas the minimum expectation - or at least, hope - is that elected officials (even those I didn't vote for) can rise above a minimum threshold of mental competence.

I'd 100% agree that politics to many voters is a zero-sum game, where all that matters is their side prevail regardless of anything else.

I pay attention to politics and do vote along an ideological line, but I don't quite subscribe to the notions that one party (and their voters) is generally smarter or more patriotic than the other.

The longer I live, the firmer my belief that politics is just a distraction for voters. Keep half the voters diametrically opposed to the other over social and cultural issues, meanwhile both parties are just rubber stamps for the corporate oligarchy.

"Yay! We've won a battle in restricting abortion rights!"

"Great! Now get on the welfare line with the pro-choicers!"
            Ha! We have a senile old creepy pervert as president and we are skirting nuclear war with Russia. The least of our worries is some football player becoming a US Senator. He will fit in with all the other idiots in Washington. Anyways you know why members of Congress serve in office till they drop? They can’t leave office. They have to stay to make sure nobody else comes in and finds what shady shit they have been up to. Accountants who cook the books never take vacations.

So if people get rich in office, they stay until they drop and nobody audits shit, you have a corrupt government ripping you off.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Ha! We have a senile old creepy pervert as president and we are skirting nuclear war with Russia.
              Which one? And fuck Russia! The Putin cunt is the one bringing up nuclear war, not us. We can't all be pussies and just give into and appease a butcher cunt, Neville. I have a serious question as to how well their strategic nukes work, because a lot of their guided kit seems to be shit. If he doesn't want his POS army Himared than don't fucking invade other sovereign states...

The least of our worries is some football player becoming a US Senator. He will fit in with all the other idiots in Washington. Anyways you know why members of Congress serve in office till they drop? They can’t leave office. They have to stay to make sure nobody else comes in and finds what shady shit they have been up to. Accountants who cook the books never take vacations. So if people get rich in office, they stay until they drop and nobody audits shit, you have a corrupt government ripping you off.
              Blah bla Boring...
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-20-2022, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Herschel once again takes the "field" without a "helmet".

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Will any of this even penetrate the bubble his voters are in? Will they even hear about it?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now, for your Sunday sermon...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Herschel talks werewolves and vampires, at 4:17:

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He only got 7% of the black female vote.

It's like people in New York voting so strongly against Trump, you should at least listen a little to what those that know the candidate best think of them...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...