Thread: Michael Moore says Democrats will win 2022 despite what corporate polls say otherwise

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Michael Moore says Democrats will win 2022 despite what corporate polls say otherwise

Michael Moore says he's 'deadly serious' about Dem midterm win even as polls point toward defeat
    Brad Reed
    rawstory.com
    October 24, 2022

Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore isn't backing off his predictions that Democrats will win big in the 2022 midterm elections, even as polls paint an increasingly dire situation for the party.

The Guardian reports that Moore still believes Democrats can ride the backlash unleashed by the end of Roe v. Wade to beat the GOP in midterm races across the country, despite the fact that polls have shown voters at the moment are more focused on high inflation and gas prices.

In particular, Moore points to upsets in the Kansas abortion referendum and Democratic wins in special elections as evidence that Democrats still have the wind at their backs.

"“If I said to you six months ago, ‘you know Kansas, right? It’s a huge pro-abortion state and this summer by a margin of 60% they’re going to keep abortion legal’ you’d think I had made a crazy statement,” he told The Guardian. “If I’d told you at the same time that in the congressional election in Alaska, a hard red state, that it’s not only not going to be won by a Democrat but a Native Alaskan Democrat, again you’d have to question if I was out of my mind.”

Nonetheless, Moore said that any rejection of the GOP would come in spite of the Democratic Party, which he called too cautious and poll driven.

"The Democratic party consultants are feeding lines that are so lame and weak," he said. "They don’t go for the jugular like a Republican would. It doesn’t inspire people at home."

Moore also insisted that he isn't just predicting Democratic wins for media attention.

"I’m sixty-eight and I don’t have time to mess around," he said. "I’m deadly serious."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

"I’m sixty-eight and morbidly obese and I don’t have time to mess around," he said. "I’m a ticking time bomb."
    fixed...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually he's lost some poundage, going by recent appearances. I'm not sure of the specifics (diet, exercise, surgical means, etc.) but it's a noticeable weight loss.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Most polls are shit. Just go and vote the way you want. Nobody has a magical crystal ball and anything can happen in an election.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

The Dems are gonna take a beating, it's just a matter of "how much?". But it's the same old story as always, those that control the White House lose in mid-terms. The issue Republicans will face for generations is that their gains should be a "red-wave" but will not be, because between stacking the court and restricting abortion, declining numbers uneducated white people who auto-vote Red and increasing numbers of suburban educated ones who do not, and their incessant need to fuck old and working people by destroying things like pensions/Social Security for the benefit of their corporate masters will make them the permanent party of opposition...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    The Dems are gonna take a beating, it's just a matter of "how much?". But it's the same old story as always, those that control the White House lose in mid-terms. The issue Republicans will face for generations is that their gains should be a "red-wave" but will not be, because between stacking the court and restricting abortion, declining numbers uneducated white people who auto-vote Red and increasing numbers of suburban educated ones who do not, and their incessant need to fuck old and working people by destroying things like pensions/Social Security for the benefit of their corporate masters will make them the permanent party of opposition...
    Power corrupts. There’s a big part in the middle that isn’t really loyal to any party. When they get pissed off they vote the other side and this swings the power the other way. When the other side pisses them off they vote the other way. Back and forth. That’s why neither party holds power indefinitely.

Both parties have changed over the years. They both suffer from corruption. What a Republican or Democrat is 20 years from now will be way different but that power pendulum will continue to swing back and forth.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online