Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Cheeto Announces 2024 Run, Fox News Confused

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I find it infuriating that some decrepit Australian Mr Burns or his creepy son gets so much influence in the choice for Republicans for Trump or DeSantis so it must be way worse for Americans, Or that Fox News move everyone to the right to compete with some other stations but now they have killed them feel ok to move from far right to hard right or whatever.

Succession isn't exactly the Murdoch's because the premise of the show is that the patriarch was self made (Murdoch wasn't) but that episode in the last season where the rich guys were choosing the candidate should make people think...

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Make America Great Again, Again!!

Comment

• silverfish
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Make America Great Again, Again!!
        Looks like it's actually "...make America great and glorious again..."

to make it MAGAGA.

Some Donald Trump critics suggested his team came up with a new slogan so his supporters would have to buy new Trump-endorsing clothes.
        Originally posted by sadaist
        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I find it infuriating that some decrepit Australian Mr Burns or his creepy son gets so much influence in the choice for Republicans for Trump or DeSantis so it must be way worse for Americans, Or that Fox News move everyone to the right to compete with some other stations but now they have killed them feel ok to move from far right to hard right or whatever.

Succession isn't exactly the Murdoch's because the premise of the show is that the patriarch was self made (Murdoch wasn't) but that episode in the last season where the rich guys were choosing the candidate should make people think...
          I don’t think Faux has the influence it once had. Two years is an eternity in politics. We all knew Trump was running. No surprise there. Two years is very early to announce but it will motivate his opposition to find something to arrest him on so he can’t run. As far as I know DeSantis has not made any kind of indication he’s running for president. I find the whole thing odd. Could be Trump and DeSantis are playing a game to see who in the Republican Party are loyal to Trump. If those two got together they could start their own party. Why stay in a party that is against you? Anyways interesting dynamics at play here.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I don’t think Faux has the influence it once had....
            Well their target demographic keeps dying...

But Murdoch isn't using FOX to attack Trump, he's digging at him from his peripheral rag...

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I don’t think Faux has the influence it once had. Two years is an eternity in politics. We all knew Trump was running. No surprise there. Two years is very early to announce but it will motivate his opposition to find something to arrest him on so he can’t run. As far as I know DeSantis has not made any kind of indication he’s running for president. I find the whole thing odd. Could be Trump and DeSantis are playing a game to see who in the Republican Party are loyal to Trump. If those two got together they could start their own party. Why stay in a party that is against you? Anyways interesting dynamics at play here.
              Trump and DeSantis will run together. DeSantis will be VP for 4, then President for 8. Making and KEEPING America great again, this time.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by silverfish
                Looks like it's actually "...make America great and glorious again..."

to make it MAGAGA.
                Sounds like an African dictator...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Trump and DeSantis will run together. DeSantis will be VP for 4, then President for 8. Making and KEEPING America great again, this time.
                  Impossible. The president and vice president can’t be from the same state. Not going to happen but there were no signs of Trump or DeSantis having any kind of spat before Trump made his Ron DeSactimonius quip. As far as I know Ron DeSantis has given Zero indication he’s making a presidential run. Two years is a long time. Lot’s can happen.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

But Trump could claim New York as his home state and then bring DeSantis on. We will see.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

But Trump could claim New York as his home state and then bring DeSantis on. We will see.
                      Wouldn't be the first Republican to lie about where he lived to run for office. Chimp & Cheney were both living in Texas in 2000, but the DICK put some old Wyoming address on the paperwork. Of course that was just BCE tradition.... Poppy called himself a Texas resident for years while actually living in Kennebunkport Maine.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Impossible. The president and vice president can’t be from the same state. Not going to happen but there were no signs of Trump or DeSantis having any kind of spat before Trump made his Ron DeSactimonius quip. As far as I know Ron DeSantis has given Zero indication he’s making a presidential run. Two years is a long time. Lot’s can happen.
                        I think that's 100% right in that it's too far out now.

Should the economy slowly but steadily improve over the next two years, Biden will obviously benefit, assuming in two years Biden is able to remember who he is. Then again, Trump will be 78 in two years. Hardly an age to portray himself as the youthful Biden alternative.

Far as Trump being indicted - much less convicted - for anything, I'll believe it if it happens: anytime anything seems to be headed Trump's way, it gets inevitably gets bogged down in lawyers and there's never a moment of reckoning.

DeSantis easily won re-election, but he had a weak opponent whom (full disclosure) I voted for. I can't really say how DeSantis is playing outside of my state, but DeSantis is in lockstep with the ideological concerns of many Trump voters. Although charisma-free, that could be a plus, in that DeSantis is also comparatively drama-free when contrasted with Trump.

Who knows? All I can say for certain is the Trump voters I know had zip to say today one way or another re: Trump's 2024 announcement. Could be that Trump's act is getting tired and not necessarily packing the punch it once had. The candidates he backed/endorsed for 2022 didn't fare well at the polls, so much for the Midas Touch.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                            I think that's 100% right in that it's too far out now.

Should the economy slowly but steadily improve over the next two years, Biden will obviously benefit, assuming in two years Biden is able to remember who he is. Then again, Trump will be 78 in two years. Hardly an age to portray himself as the youthful Biden alternative.

Far as Trump being indicted - much less convicted - for anything, I'll believe it if it happens: anytime anything seems to be headed Trump's way, it gets inevitably gets bogged down in lawyers and there's never a moment of reckoning.

DeSantis easily won re-election, but he had a weak opponent whom (full disclosure) I voted for. I can't really say how DeSantis is playing outside of my state, but DeSantis is in lockstep with the ideological concerns of many Trump voters. Although charisma-free, that could be a plus, in that DeSantis is also comparatively drama-free when contrasted with Trump.

Who knows? All I can say for certain is the Trump voters I know had zip to say today one way or another re: Trump's 2024 announcement. Could be that Trump's act is getting tired and not necessarily packing the punch it once had. The candidates he backed/endorsed for 2022 didn't fare well at the polls, so much for the Midas Touch.
                            The economy is in a downward plunge. It’s going to be the main issue of the 2024 election and hopefully we avoid a world war by then. Lot’s of stuff in play right now because the world doesn’t have good leadership anywhere. When you have rampant corruption and no accountability it has a negative impact on everything. Everyone is going to be looking for the savior on the white horse.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Wouldn't be the first Republican to lie about where he lived to run for office. Chimp & Cheney were both living in Texas in 2000, but the DICK put some old Wyoming address on the paperwork. Of course that was just BCE tradition.... Poppy called himself a Texas resident for years while actually living in Kennebunkport Maine.
                              Plenty of people do that here. They claim Wyoming residency because we have no state income tax but they spend most their time in California at a second residence there. My neighbor spends more time in LaJolla and Cabo than he does here but he claims he’s from Wyoming.

Comment

Working...