• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Oops yeah Navy of course.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The reason I mentioned it is that I finally watched Crimson Tide a couple of days ago and it had the same producer Jerry Bruckheimer who has made a crazy amount of movies many shit but super successful. I thought it was vaguely interesting that he made Top Gun in 1986 then apparently gave the navy a fake script for Crimson Tide because an American nuclear sub captain wanting to start a war could maybe be bad publicity and then when the navy found out they withdrew co-operation and some of it ended up having to be filmed using the French navy.

I wondered if all that shit show is actually why there was such a gap between the first and second Top Gun movie.

To me at least there is something a bit wrong that if you want to make a movie about the military it is so much easier if its a positive recruiting propaganda. I'm told the TG Maverick thing is very good but that's part of why I haven't got around to it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        I'm pretty he wrote Dusk but didn't direct it which might have let him focus a bit more...
        I don't see how your looks are relevant tbh...

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan and haven't bothered to go see it. I doubt I would watch it if it was free on Prime.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

You get nadda help from the US military to make a movie unless they benefit in some way. The Top Gun movies are Navy recruiting propaganda. Well done propaganda at that. Why a second movie? Recruiting is way down.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...