X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slimdon
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

VH setlists from The Whisky

Around this time last year I was thinkin' to myself, "We should play The Whisky again." So I reached out to the club to ask what was happnin, and to see if they were even hosting any shows. It had been almost two years of pandemania and who really knew what the future held right? The one thing that I knew for sure was: I wanted to play a f**king gig. And I wanted to play The Whisky. Well that's two things, but you get my point... or would that be points? Anyways, whilst in the back office conducting pre-gig business I saw this on the wall. How f**king cool is that?!
    Attached Files
  • slimdon
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Hopefully the attached picture posted.
    Last edited by slimdon; 01-04-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It did but difficult to make out the labels. You can also use https://imgbb.com/

Setlist.fm has a note of 34 times they played there from 1976 to 1978. https://www.setlist.fm/search?artist...venue=5bd66bd4

Amazing it's still there, I can't think of any small venues that have lasted over 40 years in my home city.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Yeah The Whiskey was originally a bank and then some Italian guy made it into a Go Go because he liked the Go’s Go’s in Paris. Then it became a rock club. The gas station across the street didn’t last. That got torn down and a new building went up. But the Rainbow and Roxy are still there much the same they were in the 70’s and 80’s. The Rainbow still has great food. I ate there the summer before COVID hit. The Troubadour is still down the hill on Santa Monica. One of my college roommates lives in Brentwood so we spent a day just checking things out in that part of LA.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...