Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Elvis 68 comeback special was great. Followed by his brief "Memphis" period where he recorded his last great songs like "Suspicious Minds" & "In The Ghetto". Then he moved to Vegas and it was all downhill from there....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

too long to copypasta

Our Lost Lisa Marie Presley Interview Is One Hell of a Read

In a 2003 cover story online for the first time, Lisa Marie Presley speaks about her three marriages, her dad, and her crush on Darth Vader.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• silverfish
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          She always had an unhappy look to her. There was something in her life she just couldn’t buck.
          I always thought she had a bitchy/smug/sneery look on her face but I think you're probably right.
          It was more like she was trying (and failing, at least to me) to hide an unhappy face.
          Originally posted by sadaist
          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Heater
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Terry
            Elvis was already in the waning years of his career when I was growing up. Still famous, but his best years in showbusiness to my ears - his first 2 or so years - were long, long gone. He rallied in 1968-1969 and tried to recapture the spirit of those early years. From 1970 on to 1977, as you say, he was running on the fumes.

And even though his best years happened before I was born, I can appreciate those years. The spirit shines through.

Was never one of those Elvis fans who worshipped him and every little thing he did. You get those diehard Presley fanatics who will comment about his last tv special posthumously released after he died and say how he really wasn't THAT fat, or he really wasn't THAT fucked up. Delusional. Same goes for Lisa Marie's ex-boy fondling husband, where his acolytes think every single thing HE did was genius. I liked the Jackson 5 and those first two solo albums, too. But Wacko Jacko wasn't some magical presence "too good for this world" and it wasn't a shame "what 'they' did to him"...or whatever. Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson, in the end, did themselves in. They both had help along the way, but in the end they did it to themselves.

Priscilla Presley looks pretty fuckin' weird now, eh? Shame. She was a pretty lady. Pretty teenaged girl, too. Apparently, Elvis wouldn't fuck her after Lisa Marie was born. By then, 'The King' would rather eat peanut butter and deep-fried bacon sandwiches.
            “…..already in the waning years of his career…”, “….the best years were long gone….” True enough. Pretty similar to Roth post 1984……at least Elvis was lucky and crapped out unlike uncle twitchy…..

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Heater
              “…..already in the waning years of his career…”, “….the best years were long gone….” True enough. Pretty similar to Roth post 1984……at least Elvis was lucky and crapped out unlike uncle twitchy…..
              Well, Elvis had the advantage of being largely able to control the display of his image from 1973 to 1977, so large swaths of the public weren't aware of how bloated he looked until after he was dead. Plus, Elvis died young and was still playing to mostly packed arenas all the way until the end.

Post-1984, I'd say 1985 was a banner year for Dave, and through the EEAS and Skyscraper period Roth was playing to packed arenas. From ALAE on, Roth saw his drawing power wane commerically, as was the case with virtually all of his late 1970s/1980s hard rock contemporaries.

The 2007/2008 VH tour wouldn't have been a bad one for Dave to have retired on. Uncle Twitchy pulled himself together and was the star of that tour, in my book.

Dave's brand of high energy hard rock front man was never meant to age well...certainly not into his 60s. And, admittedly, it hasn't.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Maybe it's just me but if a junkie 25 year old singer fell for my 14 year old daughter I would have discouraged the relationship a bit more strongly than just insisting on him arranging for there to be chaperone.

It's amazing the free pass Elvis gets on all this stuff just because it happened a long time ago...

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Apparently, Elvis had an underage sweet tooth.

But Elvis gets - from his fans, anyway - a perpetual pass because he's Elvis.

His fans won't even allow for reason that Presley did what he did to himself. It was the fault of the Memphis Mafia hanging around him. It was Priscilla's fault for leaving him. It was the fault of his live-in cooks for overfeeding him. It was Dr. Nick's fault for overmedicating him. It was the fans who loved him too much. It was Col. Parker's fault for not watching over him better.

None of the way it ended up was ever because of what Elvis did or didn't do to/for himself.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also who the fuck other than pet fucking hamsters ends up getting buried in their back yard?

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Also who the fuck other than pet fucking hamsters ends up getting buried in their back yard?
                      Yep, well, those Elvis fans who worshipped him like a god needed to make their pilgrimage to the shrine at Graceland: can't properly pay their respects unless the grave is there.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Lisa Marie Presley died from small bowel obstruction caused by bariatric surgery

apnews.com
                        Lisa Marie Presley died from small bowel obstruction caused by bariatric surgery, coroner says
                        ANDREW DALTON
                        Published 10:43 PM UTC, July 13, 2023

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lisa Marie Presley died from complications from bariatric surgery she had several years ago, authorities said Thursday.

The January 12 death at age 54 of the singer, songwriter and heir of Elvis Presley was ruled as being from natural causes due to effects of a small bowel obstruction.

Additional details about what caused Presley’s death were included in an autopsy report released Thursday afternoon by the office of the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner.

The report says the complication that Presley experienced is a common complication from bariatric surgery, which is a weight loss procedure. The Mayo Clinic says it is often done when other weight loss methods haven’t worked or if a person has a serious medical condition.

Presley died at a Los Angeles hospital, where she had been rushed by paramedics responding to a 911 call of a woman in cardiac arrest at her home. No indication was made public at the time of what may have caused the medical issue.

The autopsy report said she had been complaining of stomach pain earlier in the day.

She was buried at a Jan. 22 funeral at Graceland, the home where she lived with her father as a child that has become a museum, tourist attraction and shrine for Elvis fans.

Presley left behind three daughters, 34-year-old “Daisy Jones & the Six” actor Riley Keough and 15-year-old twins Harper and Finley Lockwood. A son, Benjamin Keough, died in 2020.

In the immediate aftermath of her death, it appeared that a major legal fight would ensue over Presley’s estate. Four days after her funeral, her mother, Priscilla Presley, filed court documents disputing a 2016 amendment to Lisa Marie Presley’s living trust that removed Priscilla Presley and a former business manager as trustees and replaced them with her two eldest children.

But Priscilla Presley and Riley Keough – who is now acting as sole trustee – agreed to a settlement in May.

Riley Keough was nominated for her first Emmy on Wednesday, for best actress in a limited series or TV movie for “Daisy Jones & the Six.”
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Well she lost weight permanently. She would have been better off going on a Keto diet and getting some exercise. No shortcuts to being healthy. You have to have discipline in a world full of junk food.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...