Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Lisa Marie Presley Dead at 54

tmz.com

Lisa Marie Presley Dead at 54 After Cardiac Arrest
    1/12/2023 5:47 PM PT

Lisa Marie Presley has died according to family sources ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ ... Lisa was pronounced dead at the L.A. area hospital where she was taken after suffering cardiac arrest Thursday morning.

TMZ broke the story ... Lisa was rushed to the hospital after her housekeeper found her unresponsive at her Calabasas home. Her ex-husband, Danny Keough, was there and performed CPR on her until paramedics arrived and took over -- they administered at least one dose of epinephrine during resuscitation efforts.

We're told EMTs were able to regain a pulse before she was transported to the hospital.

A rep for Priscilla Presley, Lisa Marie's mother, tells TMZ ... "Priscilla Presley and the Presley family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Lisa Marie. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

As you know, Lisa Marie's the daughter of Elvis and Priscilla ... born exactly 9 months after her parents tied the knot.

She became joint heir to Elvis' estate with her grandfather and great-grandmother after he died of a heart attack in 1977.

LMP followed in her father's footsteps, becoming a singer/songwriter and dropped her debut album, "To Whom It May Concern" in 2003. The record reached number 5 on Billboard's album chart, and earned gold certification.

She also had several high-profile marriages. While Danny was her first husband, less than a month after divorcing him ... she shocked the world by marrying Michael Jackson in 1994.

Shortly after their surprise nuptials, the couple shared a very famous -- and seemingly awkward -- kiss on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.

MJ and LMP divorced after less than 2 years, and in 2002 she tied the knot with Nicolas Cage -- although, that marriage only lasted a few months before he filed divorce docs.

She walked down the aisle once more in 2006 when she married her guitar player Michael Lockwood -- with whom she had 2 children -- before filing for divorce in 2016.

Just this week, Lisa Marie and her mom attended the Golden Globe Awards to see Austin Butler score a win for his portrayal of the King of Rock n' Roll in the Baz Luhrmann movie, "Elvis."

Lisa Marie is survived by 3 children ... actress Riley Keough and twin girls Harper and Finley Lockwood. Her son, Benjamin Keough, died by suicide in 2020.

10/15/13

TMZ.com

She was 54.

RIP
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This picture was taken Tuesday. Looks like she wasn't all that healthy. Without the captions I might have thought that was Priscilla.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    She could have had untreated high blood pressure. I’ve seen several people die of that in their early 50’s.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well I got a special bottle of wine I’m saving for when I hear Sammy Hagar has gone tits up. He’s looking older and fatter. Eating all that greasy heart clogging Mexican food. Come on Sam, clog them arteries!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

There is a rumor that her death may be related to a recent high profile case in heaven whereby Michael Jackson has been accused of fucking cherubs and she has been recalled again as an alibi...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

A beard, even in death

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Shit. Priscilla and Lisa Marie look like they belong on an Adam’s Family set and not the Golden Globe Awards.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    There is a rumor that her death may be related to a recent high profile case in heaven whereby Michael Jackson has been accused of fucking cherubs and she has been recalled again as an alibi...
    Yeah, after I saw her on tv kissing that pedo in the 1990s, I had no more use for Lisa Marie: a batshit loon like her father, minus the talent.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Yeah, after I saw her on tv kissing that pedo in the 1990s, I had no more use for Lisa Marie: a batshit loon like her father, minus the talent.
    I remember watching the Elvis Live From Hawaii special they hyped the hell out of. I’m just a little kid but I could see whatever made the guy famous was long gone and he was a wash up. Elvis was running on the fumes of fame.

Anyways Lisa Marie probably would have been happier if her dad was a plumber. Seriously. She was one fame fucked child who sadly was the product of that environment. Yeah she looked like Elvis and so did her son who committed suicide but who cares if dad’s fucked up lifestyle filtered down the generations creating such misery.

The Elvis legacy is fucked up dysfunction being worshipped by stupid fans. He’s the king! They say. Of what? Flash in the pan dysfunction?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I remember watching the Elvis Live From Hawaii special they hyped the hell out of. I’m just a little kid but I could see whatever made the guy famous was long gone and he was a wash up. Elvis was running on the fumes of fame.

Anyways Lisa Marie probably would have been happier if her dad was a plumber. Seriously. She was one fame fucked child who sadly was the product of that environment. Yeah she looked like Elvis and so did her son who committed suicide but who cares if dad’s fucked up lifestyle filtered down the generations creating such misery.

The Elvis legacy is fucked up dysfunction being worshipped by stupid fans. He’s the king! They say. Of what? Flash in the pan dysfunction?
    Elvis was already in the waning years of his career when I was growing up. Still famous, but his best years in showbusiness to my ears - his first 2 or so years - were long, long gone. He rallied in 1968-1969 and tried to recapture the spirit of those early years. From 1970 on to 1977, as you say, he was running on the fumes.

And even though his best years happened before I was born, I can appreciate those years. The spirit shines through.

Was never one of those Elvis fans who worshipped him and every little thing he did. You get those diehard Presley fanatics who will comment about his last tv special posthumously released after he died and say how he really wasn't THAT fat, or he really wasn't THAT fucked up. Delusional. Same goes for Lisa Marie's ex-boy fondling husband, where his acolytes think every single thing HE did was genius. I liked the Jackson 5 and those first two solo albums, too. But Wacko Jacko wasn't some magical presence "too good for this world" and it wasn't a shame "what 'they' did to him"...or whatever. Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson, in the end, did themselves in. They both had help along the way, but in the end they did it to themselves.

Priscilla Presley looks pretty fuckin' weird now, eh? Shame. She was a pretty lady. Pretty teenaged girl, too. Apparently, Elvis wouldn't fuck her after Lisa Marie was born. By then, 'The King' would rather eat peanut butter and deep-fried bacon sandwiches.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lisa Marie keeps being mentioned as "singer and Elvis Presley's daughter" in obits and yeah, she put out some albums but I don't think anyone thinks of her as "singer."

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lisa Marie wasn’t half bad singing wise. She was good enough with the right marketing and promotion she could have had a bigger career. I felt sorry for her. She always had an unhappy look to her. There was something in her life she just couldn’t buck.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Elvis looked bad ass for the comeback special but you watch it and it’s disappointing. I watch Viva Las Vegas for shits and grins every now and then. I like some of those old silly movies.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lisa Marie wasn’t half bad singing wise. She was good enough with the right marketing and promotion she could have had a bigger career. I felt sorry for her. She always had an unhappy look to her. There was something in her life she just couldn’t buck.
    She had one single I sort of remember...was it the late 1990s, or the early 2000s (or the mid 2000s)? At any rate, it was a kind of rock/pop with a bit of a country tinge to it, and I remember liking it. Liking it in that I thought it was catchy and much better than I assumed a song with Lisa Marie singing on it would be (most nepo kids of famous rock stars falling way short of excellence to my ears).

But, yeah, as twonabomber said, I never considered her a singer. Her full-time occupation was that of being Elvis Presley's Daughter in my mind.

I don't know if her life would have necessarily been any better if her father was Elvis the Unknown Truck Driver. That sort of unintelligently presupposes that every child of a famous person is by default unhappy and that non-famous people tend to be happy.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Elvis looked bad ass for the comeback special but you watch it and it’s disappointing. I watch Viva Las Vegas for shits and grins every now and then. I like some of those old silly movies.
    I thought the 1968 special was alright, mama.

At least with that special Elvis was trying to recapture some of the glimmer of what made him remarkable in the first place.

Viva Las Vegas was good in that Ann Margaret gave Elvis a chubby...you could see onscreen how she stirred up something for Elvis that wasn't a pound of bacon.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Elvis 68 comeback special was great. Followed by his brief "Memphis" period where he recorded his last great songs like "Suspicious Minds" & "In The Ghetto". Then he moved to Vegas and it was all downhill from there....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

too long to copypasta

Our Lost Lisa Marie Presley Interview Is One Hell of a Read

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ry-1234660576/

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

She always had an unhappy look to her. There was something in her life she just couldn’t buck.
    I always thought she had a bitchy/smug/sneery look on her face but I think you're probably right.
    It was more like she was trying (and failing, at least to me) to hide an unhappy face.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Elvis was already in the waning years of his career when I was growing up. Still famous, but his best years in showbusiness to my ears - his first 2 or so years - were long, long gone. He rallied in 1968-1969 and tried to recapture the spirit of those early years. From 1970 on to 1977, as you say, he was running on the fumes.

And even though his best years happened before I was born, I can appreciate those years. The spirit shines through.

Was never one of those Elvis fans who worshipped him and every little thing he did. You get those diehard Presley fanatics who will comment about his last tv special posthumously released after he died and say how he really wasn't THAT fat, or he really wasn't THAT fucked up. Delusional. Same goes for Lisa Marie's ex-boy fondling husband, where his acolytes think every single thing HE did was genius. I liked the Jackson 5 and those first two solo albums, too. But Wacko Jacko wasn't some magical presence "too good for this world" and it wasn't a shame "what 'they' did to him"...or whatever. Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson, in the end, did themselves in. They both had help along the way, but in the end they did it to themselves.

Priscilla Presley looks pretty fuckin' weird now, eh? Shame. She was a pretty lady. Pretty teenaged girl, too. Apparently, Elvis wouldn't fuck her after Lisa Marie was born. By then, 'The King' would rather eat peanut butter and deep-fried bacon sandwiches.
    “…..already in the waning years of his career…”, “….the best years were long gone….” True enough. Pretty similar to Roth post 1984……at least Elvis was lucky and crapped out unlike uncle twitchy…..

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    “…..already in the waning years of his career…”, “….the best years were long gone….” True enough. Pretty similar to Roth post 1984……at least Elvis was lucky and crapped out unlike uncle twitchy…..
    Well, Elvis had the advantage of being largely able to control the display of his image from 1973 to 1977, so large swaths of the public weren't aware of how bloated he looked until after he was dead. Plus, Elvis died young and was still playing to mostly packed arenas all the way until the end.

Post-1984, I'd say 1985 was a banner year for Dave, and through the EEAS and Skyscraper period Roth was playing to packed arenas. From ALAE on, Roth saw his drawing power wane commerically, as was the case with virtually all of his late 1970s/1980s hard rock contemporaries.

The 2007/2008 VH tour wouldn't have been a bad one for Dave to have retired on. Uncle Twitchy pulled himself together and was the star of that tour, in my book.

Dave's brand of high energy hard rock front man was never meant to age well...certainly not into his 60s. And, admittedly, it hasn't.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe it's just me but if a junkie 25 year old singer fell for my 14 year old daughter I would have discouraged the relationship a bit more strongly than just insisting on him arranging for there to be chaperone.

It's amazing the free pass Elvis gets on all this stuff just because it happened a long time ago...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Apparently, Elvis had an underage sweet tooth.

But Elvis gets - from his fans, anyway - a perpetual pass because he's Elvis.

His fans won't even allow for reason that Presley did what he did to himself. It was the fault of the Memphis Mafia hanging around him. It was Priscilla's fault for leaving him. It was the fault of his live-in cooks for overfeeding him. It was Dr. Nick's fault for overmedicating him. It was the fans who loved him too much. It was Col. Parker's fault for not watching over him better.

None of the way it ended up was ever because of what Elvis did or didn't do to/for himself.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Also who the fuck other than pet fucking hamsters ends up getting buried in their back yard?

25. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (01-15-2023)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Also who the fuck other than pet fucking hamsters ends up getting buried in their back yard?
    Yep, well, those Elvis fans who worshipped him like a god needed to make their pilgrimage to the shrine at Graceland: can't properly pay their respects unless the grave is there.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lisa Marie Presley died from small bowel obstruction caused by bariatric surgery

apnews.com
    Lisa Marie Presley died from small bowel obstruction caused by bariatric surgery, coroner says
    ANDREW DALTON
    Published 10:43 PM UTC, July 13, 2023

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lisa Marie Presley died from complications from bariatric surgery she had several years ago, authorities said Thursday.

The January 12 death at age 54 of the singer, songwriter and heir of Elvis Presley was ruled as being from natural causes due to effects of a small bowel obstruction.

Additional details about what caused Presley’s death were included in an autopsy report released Thursday afternoon by the office of the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner.

The report says the complication that Presley experienced is a common complication from bariatric surgery, which is a weight loss procedure. The Mayo Clinic says it is often done when other weight loss methods haven’t worked or if a person has a serious medical condition.

Presley died at a Los Angeles hospital, where she had been rushed by paramedics responding to a 911 call of a woman in cardiac arrest at her home. No indication was made public at the time of what may have caused the medical issue.

The autopsy report said she had been complaining of stomach pain earlier in the day.

She was buried at a Jan. 22 funeral at Graceland, the home where she lived with her father as a child that has become a museum, tourist attraction and shrine for Elvis fans.

Presley left behind three daughters, 34-year-old “Daisy Jones & the Six” actor Riley Keough and 15-year-old twins Harper and Finley Lockwood. A son, Benjamin Keough, died in 2020.

In the immediate aftermath of her death, it appeared that a major legal fight would ensue over Presley’s estate. Four days after her funeral, her mother, Priscilla Presley, filed court documents disputing a 2016 amendment to Lisa Marie Presley’s living trust that removed Priscilla Presley and a former business manager as trustees and replaced them with her two eldest children.

But Priscilla Presley and Riley Keough – who is now acting as sole trustee – agreed to a settlement in May.

Riley Keough was nominated for her first Emmy on Wednesday, for best actress in a limited series or TV movie for “Daisy Jones & the Six.”

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well she lost weight permanently. She would have been better off going on a Keto diet and getting some exercise. No shortcuts to being healthy. You have to have discipline in a world full of junk food.

Thread Information