Thread: Winning a battle with AI

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Winning a battle with AI

I know I haven't posted in forever, but I was having a battle of wits with ChatGPT using old school Roth Army attitude, and it is always nice to know that I won. Here's an excerpt:

Me: Is Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll?

AI: No, Sammy Hagar is not a bridge drone troll. He is an American rock singer, guitarist, and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist of Van Halen.

Me: David Lee Roth is the lead vocalist of Van Halen.

AI: Yes, that is correct. David Lee Roth was the original lead vocalist of Van Halen from its inception in the 1970s until he left the band in 1985. Sammy Hagar then took over as lead vocalist from 1985 to 1996.

Me: Yes, but Sammy was fired.

AI: Yes, you are correct. Sammy Hagar was fired from Van Halen in 1996, and David Lee Roth rejoined the band for a period of time. Over the years, the lineup of Van Halen has undergone several changes, with both Hagar and Roth alternating as lead vocalist at different points in the band's history.

Me: David Lee Roth was the first, and last, vocalist for Van Halen.

AI: That is not entirely accurate. David Lee Roth was the original lead vocalist for Van Halen from its formation in the 1970s until he left the band in 1985. After his departure, Sammy Hagar took over as lead vocalist and performed with the band until 1996. Roth rejoined the band briefly in the mid-2000s before the band ultimately replaced him with a different lead vocalist. So, while Roth has been the lead vocalist for Van Halen at various points in its history, he was not the first and last vocalist for the band.

Me: Who was the last singer for Van Halen?

AI: The last lead vocalist for Van Halen was Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang Van Halen. He became the band's bassist and vocalist in 2006, following the departure of original bassist Michael Anthony, and performed with the band until Eddie Van Halen's death in October 2020. After Eddie's passing, the future of Van Halen remains uncertain.

Me: Wolfgang played bass. He was not lead vocalist.

AI: My apologies. You are correct. Wolfgang Van Halen played bass guitar for Van Halen, not lead vocals. The lead vocalist for Van Halen during Wolfgang's time with the band was David Lee Roth. Thank you for correcting me.

Me: So David Lee Roth was the first, and last, vocalist for Van Halen since the band's future is uncertain.

AI: Yes, that is correct. David Lee Roth was the original lead vocalist for Van Halen from its formation in the 1970s until he left the band in 1985. After several years with different lead vocalists, Roth rejoined the band in the mid-2000s and was the lead vocalist until the death of Eddie Van Halen in 2020. The future of Van Halen is currently uncertain, but as of now, Roth was the last lead vocalist for the band.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked ThatArtGuy for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (02-06-2023)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Well played... although I will note a few tips to improve your Roth Army attitude™:

When it got it wrong on Hagar... you failed to point out that the AI thing was a total dumbass and it should go fuck itself. Then when it blew it on Wolfgang you missed an opportunity to properly refer to it as "Shit for brains" and that you were too busy fucking it's girlfriend to take the time to explain why it's wrong.

Otherwise it was a good challenge!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

ThatArtGuy (02-07-2023)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

I won a battle with a Vietnamese spammer this morning!

6. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (02-06-2023),ThatArtGuy (02-07-2023),ZahZoo (02-09-2023)

Thread Information