ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Gary Rossington...dead

Gary Rossington, the last remaining original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died of unspecified causes at the age of 71. The guitarist had overcome several health battles in recent years.

"It is with our deepest sympathy and sadness that we have to advise, that we lost our brother, friend, family member, songwriter and guitarist, Gary Rossington, today," the band wrote in an official statement. "Gary is now with his Skynyrd brothers and family in heaven and playing it pretty, like he always does. Please keep Dale, Mary, Annie and the entire Rossington family in your prayers and respect the family’s privacy at this difficult time."

It's unclear if Lynyrd Skynyrd will continue without the guitarist. Their longest-tenured member is now Johnny Van Zant, who began singing in place of his late brother Ronnie Van Zant in 1987. Rickey Medlocke, with Lynyrd Skynyrd again since 1996, also had a brief stint with the group in 1971–72.

Rossington passed after having endured an unspeakable tragedy when Skynyrd's plane went down, then his own health issues – which traced back more than a decade. Still, he remained part of every band lineup dating back to 1964. In fact, the setbacks only seemed to deepen his passion for music, and for life.

"I just thank the Lord every day for letting me live some more on this great planet, living and seeing things going on around me," Rossington told Swampland in 2003, not long after having one of several heart procedures. "I’ve got a little pond out in my back yard, and every time I catch a little fish, or see my daughters, or have a good meal, or watch the sun set out there on the lake, I just thank God for it. Every little thing you just appreciate, you know?"

Rossington originally teamed with friends Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Collins in 1964 to form My Backyard in their hometown of Jacksonville, Fla., and the trio – joined at first by Bob Burns and Larry Junstrom – helped start Lynyrd Skynyrd on a journey toward multi-platinum Southern rock success. Their big break came in 1974, when the band were invited to open for the Who.

"Man, that was so great," Rossington once told Music Radar. "That was the first time we got exposed to a lot of people up North and in the West. Up till then, we were just playing for folks in little teen dens and smaller shows around the South. We hadn't played a lot of big gigs at all. When we got on the Who tour, it was unbelievable. There were anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 people at every show. That blew our minds."

Soon, with the addition of Leon Wilkeson, Billy Powell, Ed King, Artimus Pyle and then Steve Gaines, Lynyrd Skynyrd were skyrocketing to stardom on the strength of songs like “Gimme Three Steps,” “Sweet Home Alabama” and, of course, “Free Bird,” making good on a dirt-poor little boy's dream. "We didn’t have much money when I was younger," Rossington told Guitar World in 2012, "so I had to collect Coke bottles and cash them in and get a paper route to afford a guitar."

Then, tragedy struck. Van Zant and Gaines were among those killed when Skynyrd's chartered flight went down between gigs in 1977. The rest of the group was gravely injured – including Rossington, who had to have steel rods inserted after breaking both legs, both arms, both wrists and his pelvis. Still, he pressed on, later re-emerging with Collins in the Rossington Collins Band, before jump starting Lynyrd Skynyrd again in the late '80s – initially with other classic-era survivors including Powell, Wilkeson, Pyle and King. That's when Johnny Van Zant took over as frontman.

"It got taken away so fast, and tragically, but the music lives on through all of it," Rossington told Classic Rock Revisited. "We just love playing the music and being a part of it."

In time, he'd be the last one standing, as the 2009 death of Powell left Lynyrd Skynyrd without any other pre-crash members. By then, however, Rossington's health was faltering, too. He suffered a heart attack in October 2015, forcing Lynyrd Skynyrd to cancel the rest of that year's concert dates. At the time, daughter Mary Elizabeth said doctors had already "saved his life several times now. We were very close to losing him this time and just pray that they will develop even better techniques soon to deal with heart disease."

Rossington's more recent treatment had included adding or repairing stents inserted during previous surgeries, among them the quintuple bypass he underwent in 2003. But Rossington, who was also hospitalized with an abdominal infection in 2015, once again vowed to return – and did. Skynyrd were back on the road by January 2016, not long after Rossington's 64th birthday. "It’s gonna take more than a lil ole heart attack to keep me down," he said back then. More surgeries followed in 2017, 2019 and, most recently, in 2021.

The band released nine post-'70s studio projects under Rossington's leadership, the final two of which were Top 20 Billboard hits – 2009's God & Guns and 2012's Last of a Dyin' Breed. Lynyrd Skynyrd hadn't had an album chart that high since 1977's multi-platinum Street Survivors, the last with Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Collins. In 2016, Rossington released Take It on Faith, an album that featured the guitarist working alongside his wife Dale.

Music, Rossington admitted, was his only calling. "We have a joke about how this is all we know how to do," he told Guitar World. "Picking strawberries or picking cotton or something — I don’t know what I’d be doing."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/gary-rossington-dead/
    Last edited by twonabomber; 03-05-2023 at 11:23 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Dude had more lives than a cat, but his luck had to run out eventually.

Now can we please put an end to that joke of a tribute band already? It's bad enough they have been running around for several years now, shilling for bullshit right wing causes that were the opposite of what Ronnie Van Zant believed in.

RIP the real Lynyrd Skynyrd......

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    With Skynyrd, the way things ended with the plane crash put me of a mind that the first tribute tour ten years after the crash was an undertaking that was a positive thing in that it was handled about as tastefully as it could be and allowed the surviving members of the band to conclude Skynyrd on a fairly positive note and gave the fans a chance to have a proper goodbye. The lineup was comprised with just about all surviving members of the crash that were still able to play in addition to Ed King and Johnny Van Zandt, who I thought did as good a job as one could have hoped for with the lead vocals.

I guess the first tribute tour made too much money or whatever, because 'Skynyrd' just kept going. By the end of the 1990s [the 'reunion'/'reformation'] had already become more than a bit tacky far as I was concerned. Once Leon and Billy died, it went from tacky to downright ghoulish. But, people kept paying money to see it, so on it went.

I'd hope with Rossington's death 'Skynyrd' would finally be laid to rest, but it's far too late for the brand to be retired gracefully, so fuck it...why NOT keep going at this point?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

They aren’t going to retire it. It’s a cash cow. Ricky Medlocke right or wrong, believes he’s an original. I guess as long as people are willing to pay to hear the songs, they’ll keep on performing. I wouldn’t go, but that’s me. I’ll put the concert DVD of that overseas show on, if I want to see them in concert.

Hey, Molly Hatchet is touring with not only the entire band dead, but some of the replacements have died too!

5. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-07-2023)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Skynyrd's touring with ZZ Top this summer.

7. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-07-2023)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Fuck this this is a dangerous band to be in at this point.

Molly Hatchet Deaths of former members and continued career (2014–present)

Bass guitarist Riff West died on November 19, 2014, at age 64, after a lengthy illness caused by severe injuries suffered in a car accident.[30][31]
    Drummer Bruce Crump died on March 16, 2015, at age 57, from complications after a 12-year battle with throat cancer.[32]
    Bass guitarist Banner Thomas, age 62, died from complications of pneumonia and rheumatoid arthritis on April 10, 2017.[33][34]
    Dave Hlubek died of a heart attack on September 2, 2017, at the age of 66.[35]
    Jimmy Farrar, who was frontman from 1980 to 1982, died of heart failure on October 29, 2018, at 67.
    Singer Phil McCormack died on April 26, 2019, at 58.[36] McCormack had been sidelined in early 2019, after suffering from health troubles that affected his voice. He was replaced by singer Jimmy Elkins, who continued on with Hatchet after McCormack's death.
    Steve Holland, who was the guitarist of Molly Hatchet from 1971 to 1984, died on August 2, 2020, of pnuemonia as a complication of COVID-19 at age 66.[37]

9. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-07-2023)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    They aren’t going to retire it. It’s a cash cow. Ricky Medlocke right or wrong, believes he’s an original. I guess as long as people are willing to pay to hear the songs, they’ll keep on performing. I wouldn’t go, but that’s me. I’ll put the concert DVD of that overseas show on, if I want to see them in concert.

Hey, Molly Hatchet is touring with not only the entire band dead, but some of the replacements have died too!
    Had to laugh at that last sentence. Molly Hatchet should open up with Flirtin' With Disaster, close the show with it and play it at least three times in between.

Didn't Ricky Medlocke...what was the story...he played with the band in the early days shortly before their first album was released but as a studio session musician? But he was never a member of the band back in those days...something like that, if memory serves.

Great fuckin' band, though, back in the day. As you say, you watch the 1976 Knebworth vid or Freebird The Movie and that band was just killing it live up to the plane crash.

Molly Hatchet. Honestly, the only song of theirs I can remember (and maybe the only song I've even ever heard) is Flirtin' With Disaster, and that tune sounded a LOT like Skynyrd...almost like the band were intentionally Skynyrd clones or something. Like the tune, nonetheless.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Molly Hatchet pretty much copied the Skynyrd blueprint. Southern fried boogie with three guitars & a ridiculous amount of substance abuse. Admittedly though they actually improved an Allman Brothers song, which became their first hit...

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Bob Lefsetz posted a column about Gary Rossington:

https://lefsetz.com/wordpress/2023/0...ry-rossington/

and then a follow up with a few GR/LS stories from his mailbag:

https://lefsetz.com/wordpress/2023/0...ynyrd-skynyrd/

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Dude had more lives than a cat, but his luck had to run out eventually.

Now can we please put an end to that joke of a tribute band already? It's bad enough they have been running around for several years now, shilling for bullshit right wing causes that were the opposite of what Ronnie Van Zant believed in.

RIP the real Lynyrd Skynyrd......

ARRRRGGGH god damn it must I educate you on everything? Ronnie Van Zandt was a piece of shit. This F A T, racist whistling Dixie moron was a man of violence and a bully. He one tried to maim one of his guitar players arm and fingers with a broken bottle. He knocked out this piano players teeth ...twice, he was known to hold a loaded gun to his drummer's head during rehearsal and when his band members followed suit with their own drug and alcohol fueled debauchery he exploited that into "hit" songs. Skeeeenerd was always a right-wing racist garbage band.

Puke Yuger's brainwashing has literally destroyed your life.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Molly Hatchet pretty much copied the Skynyrd blueprint. Southern fried boogie with three guitars & a ridiculous amount of substance abuse. Admittedly though they actually improved an Allman Brothers song, which became their first hit...

That was largely due to producer Tom Werman (who also produced your personal favorite Ted Nugent) who made them sound like a southern Ted Nugent.

Class dismissed

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh, and that Skeeenaerd guitar player's hand that was slashed up by Ronnie..? It belonged to Gary Rossington.

I keep on telling you rock stars are total assholes.

https://rockcelebrities.net/ronnie-v...ry-rossington/

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Saw them in the early 80’s. They drank Jack Daniel’s like it was water. Molly Hatchet we’re not the poster children for good nutrition or a healthy lifestyle.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Oh, and that Skeeenaerd guitar player's hand that was slashed up by Ronnie..? It belonged to Gary Rossington.

I keep on telling you rock stars are total assholes.

https://rockcelebrities.net/ronnie-v...ry-rossington/
    Really? You mean people who trash hotel rooms, behave like pirates and fuck anything they can catch are assholes?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

That was largely due to producer Tom Werman (who also produced your personal favorite Ted Nugent) who made them sound like a southern Ted Nugent.

Class dismissed
    Wow. You're not dead after all. To think of all the dead musicians whose graves you missed shitting on all these months!

Yeah well, as for your thoughts, Ted Nugent ain't got no Freebird...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The good LAWD won't take me until a certain limey dies. I still have my fund money to fly to Limeyland to shit all over that fucker's grave.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Shame they are all gone... Saw both Skynyrd and Molly Hatchett in their prime a bunch of times. Some of the best live performers of that era. Our former band manager for my Southern Rock band back in the 80's was a former Skynyrd roadie and backline tech... one of the toughest women in that part of the business!!

I got to spend an hour chatting with the guys in Molly Hatchett after a show at the Saddle Rack in San Jose, CA back in '83. Fun bunch of crazy guys... We had finished a west coast leg of a tour as an opening act with Marshall Tucker band and the Outlaws. Had talks with the promoters as a potential opening act for both Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet but both deals fell through.

21. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (03-11-2023)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The good LAWD won't take me until a certain limey dies. I still have my fund money to fly to Limeyland to shit all over that fucker's grave.
    Maybe your money would be better spent going to Nepal and hanging out with Buddhist Jedi warrior monks and learning shit like transcendence and letting go....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wonder if the current batch of replacement Skynyrds ever ride tour buses. I'm pretty fucking sure I never would!

Whoever thought their "Saturday Night Special" wouldn't turn out to be a Smith and Wesson .38 but a Prevost...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-11-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looks like there's gonna be a Skynyrd Tribute at the CMT Awards on Sunday:

Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash and ZZ Top frontman Billy Gibbons are among the artists who will honor
    Lynyrd Skynyrd during the CMT Music Awards.

Joining the guitarists for the performance will be Wynonna Judd, Allman Brothers Band members Chuck
    Leavell and Warren Haynes, Bad Company’s Paul Rodgers, country singer Cody Johnson and LeAnn Rimes.

According to Billboard, “Johnson and Rodgers will [sing] lead vocals with Gibbons, with Slash and Haynes
    on electric guitar for a one-time-only performance of a pair of timeless Lynyrd Skynyrd hits.” They also
    noted that “Rimes and Judd will fill the role of the Honkettes,” the women singers that backed Lynyrd
    Skynyrd during their rise to fame.

Full story at:
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/slas...ynyrd-tribute/

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LYNYRD SKYNYRD Announces Plans To Continue Following Passing Of GARY ROSSINGTON

The current members, led by Johnny Van Zant, the singer for the past 36 years, was unsure if
    they would continue following Gary's untimely passing. After much discussion with the band, the
    families of Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Collins and Dale Rossington, the collective has reached
    unified support, and feel that continuing to perform live, and keeping the music alive, is in the
    best interest of the fans and everyone involved.

Full story at:
    https://blabbermouth.net/news/lynyrd...ary-rossington

Looks like JVZ has a Vince Neil/Chumley vibe going on:

lynyrdskynyrdliveapril2023_638.jpg

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe they can tour with the "zero actual members" version of Quiet Riot?

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I will always and regularly play my original and posthumous records of LS with Ronnie Van Zant singing. Their catalog has almost no bad songs at all.

The reunion band, however, started as a tribute and then tried to pretend it wasn't. They have barely ever written ANYTHING that even comes close to the original band. JVZ has none of the charisma his brother did. And I couldn't believe it when they kicked out Ed King, one of the best players they ever had.

Even worse, they were originally a Democrat-supporting band (playing Carter's inauguration or at least a fundraiser, if I recall correctly) and eventually turned into a band preaching "God & Guns" (certainly contradicts SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL, one of their best songs) and appearing on fuckin' Hannity.

Now they have NO original members left (I like Medlocke's work on their pre-MCA album, FIRST & LAST, but I don't really count him as an original member). They've been talking about retiring for years.

Rossington died...they say they'll continue to "keep the music alive" and that it's "for the fans." No, it's for your pocketbooks, nothing else. I guess Artimus Pyle really was right about the greed of Dale Krantz-Rossington.

Like a lot of older bands with few or no original members (I'm looking at you, Steve Howe), they just need to hang it fucking up and let Ronnie rest in peace.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Steve Howe wasn't an original member either... though to be fair about it, I couldn't name a single song from the first two Yes albums off the top of my head.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    LYNYRD SKYNYRD Announces Plans To Continue Following Passing Of GARY ROSSINGTON
    Well I couldn't have called that one! Those heroic bastards carrying the legacy for a paycheck! You selfless sonsofbitches! Doing it for the children aren't cha'!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Steve Howe wasn't an original member either... though to be fair about it, I couldn't name a single song from the first two Yes albums off the top of my head.
    You're right. He's one of those rare guys that people "think of" as an original member even though they're not...like Ian Gillan & Roger Glover (joined for 4th Deep Purple album).

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or Neil Peart.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As great of a drummer as Neil Peart was, his lyric writing talent probably saved the band as much as his drumming did. I love the music on Rush's first album, but some of the lyrics were almost Hagar-level weak.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or Neil Peart.
    Yup. I love John Rutsey's playing on the 1st album...but it doesn't come close to Peart's skills.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As great of a drummer as Neil Peart was, his lyric writing talent probably saved the band as much as his drumming did. I love the music on Rush's first album, but some of the lyrics were almost Hagar-level weak.
    Agreed. The lyrics of a song like IN THE MOOD are as embarrassing as pooping in your underwear at a Gala.

That said, I do really enjoy the debut LP. You're right the music is great on it. I tend to look past the lyrics and just enjoy the album. Lifeson plays his heart out on that LP, and Rutsey (while no Peart) is a very good drummer.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Both Rush drummers are dead, by the way.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Which, no disrespect to John Rutsey, but as Rikk mentioned Rush were one of those bands like Deep Purple where the original lineup wasn't the definitive one.

Even with Skynyrd, they were on their 3rd or 4th lineup change when the plane crashed in 1977.

Very few aging rock bands ended their career with as much class as Rush did, though. They didn't explicitly say their last tour was THE FAREWELL TOUR (only to keep coming back 'by popular demand!') but said it would most likely be the last major tour of that scale in terms of the amount of gigs/dates. And a large part of that was Peart realizing physically he was finding it difficult to keep up with the demand of playing his instrument at the level of expectation he set for himself.

They quietly disbanded a few years after the tour and when Peart passed the other two members said Rush would never reform again.

I contrast that with countless numbers of aging rock bands who can't cut the mustard live, have few (if any) of the members of the definitive lineup left yet keep on playing at substandard levels because people are still willing to pay to see them. I suppose if these bands are still getting paid there surely is a value in what they are doing to somebody. For me, Rush did it right.

37. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (04-05-2023)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Peart was dealing with tendonitis even before he had the brain cancer that killed him. Tendonitis sucks ass. I get flareups of it every once in a while myself, and right now my right arm is damn near paralyzed. I couldn't even imagine trying to play drums in that condition. Pretty much why I had to give it up myself, though my drumming was never anywhere near his level, obviously.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Both Rush drummers are dead, by the way.
    As is this guy

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Agreed. The lyrics of a song like IN THE MOOD are as embarrassing as pooping in your underwear at a Gala.
    Hey baby!

To me it just sounds like 1970s shit than super terrible like Hagar.

Also to be fair they stopped playing it in 1990 some 14 years before Van Halen finally stopped playing Dreams.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I contrast that with countless numbers of aging rock bands who can't cut the mustard live, have few (if any) of the members of the definitive lineup left
    Rammstein still has all the original members!

42. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-05-2023)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey baby!

To me it just sounds like 1970s shit than super terrible like Hagar.

Also to be fair they stopped playing it in 1990 some 14 years before Van Halen finally stopped playing Dreams.
    Oh, I don't personally feel they're as bad as Hagar (lyrics on debut). Hagar writes awful lyrics...but what's even more embarrassing is how "deep" he thinks some of his sentiments are (DREAMS, WHEN IT'S LOVE, RIGHT NOW, FEELIN'..."Got politicians smokin' crack"). The lyrics on Rush's debut ARE bad...but no worse than typical 70s bands' lyrics, like Foghat (whom I still enjoy).

I don't know about you guys here...but AC/DC was a totally different band with Bon Scott. I have nothing against Brian Johnson, but Bon Scott was so much cooler and his lyrics were great.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One thing that was pretty cool about Cream was that they NEVER played with any other members (besides Pappalardi playing overdubs on the records). A few people ragged on it, but I truly enjoyed their 2005 reunion (I wasn't there but I have the official Blu-Ray and other gigs). When Baker & Bruce teamed with Gary Moore, at least they didn't dare call it Cream.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

U2 as well - up until next week anyway.

Those poor bastards imagine having to listen to Bono preaching for over 40 years...

46. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (04-05-2023)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thank fuck for that!

Thread Information