ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Oh, I don't personally feel they're as bad as Hagar (lyrics on debut). Hagar writes awful lyrics...but what's even more embarrassing is how "deep" he thinks some of his sentiments are (DREAMS, WHEN IT'S LOVE, RIGHT NOW, FEELIN'..."Got politicians smokin' crack"). The lyrics on Rush's debut ARE bad...but no worse than typical 70s bands' lyrics, like Foghat (whom I still enjoy).

I don't know about you guys here...but AC/DC was a totally different band with Bon Scott. I have nothing against Brian Johnson, but Bon Scott was so much cooler and his lyrics were great.
    Ac/Dc made 6 albums with Bon Scott and they were all very different records. Ac/Dc with Brian Johnson has made the same record over and over again for the last 40 years. It's a damned shame we never got to hear what else they might have been capable of, if Bon had lived longer. Don't think they would have gone the cheese ballad route like so many bands did in the 80s though. They got that shit out of their system in 1974, and never went back...

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    U2 as well - up until next week anyway.

Those poor bastards imagine having to listen to Bono preaching for over 40 years...
    For me, it's often been the thing where I've liked the band in spite of Bono's affect. Never reached the level of a hardcore U2 fan, but I've liked their stuff...War was a great album. Joshua Tree...Achtung Baby. Some good tracks here and there post-Achtung.

And for what he preaches about and his activism or whatever, I suppose in a way that is admirable...perhaps more admirable than yet another rock star merely singing about getting laid and acting like a perpetual enfant terrible (surely there is no shortage of those).

No, the key word for Bono is smug. He is beyond merely well-pleased with himself and gives off the vibe where it's perhaps more important for him to be known as an activist than just being one and not advertising it. And his own sense of achievement is miles beyond his actual importance.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-06-2023)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Anyway, what was this thread about?

Oh, yeah, fuck Gary Rossington.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 486 Posts

The Harlem Globetrotters have all their original members still!!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Ac/Dc made 6 albums with Bon Scott and they were all very different records. Ac/Dc with Brian Johnson has made the same record over and over again for the last 40 years. It's a damned shame we never got to hear what else they might have been capable of, if Bon had lived longer. Don't think they would have gone the cheese ballad route like so many bands did in the 80s though. They got that shit out of their system in 1974, and never went back...
    ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY. It's so hard for me to pick my favorite original AC/DC album. Laugh at me, I still use iTunes (and a massive CD collection in my mancave basement). And all the AC/DC albums I have from that era are the original Australian LPs, but the watered-down international versions. But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably lean towards the original DIRTY DEEDS album (which has JAILBREAK as the closing track)...or maybe LET THERE BE ROCK (Australian)...or even HIGHWAY TO HELL...though I have to also take a hat off to POWERAGE.

Just listen to songs like WALK ALL OVER YOU, CAN I SIT NEXT TO YOU GIRL, RIDE ON, BAD BOY BOOGIE, SIN CITY... This is a creative band that doesn't just repeat themselves (which, as FORD correctly pointed out, is all they do now).

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Violation Of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Blood Oath By The Surviving Members

Out of respect for their fallen friends and at the request of their families, the survivors agreed never
    to use the band’s name for money again. This pact became known as the ‘blood oath.’ They stuck
    to it for ten whole years until they decided to regroup in 1987.

The band got back together for a tribute tour and kept making music under the Lynyrd Skynyrd name.
    But this move didn’t sit well with Ronnie’s widow, Judy, who thought it broke their promise. She
    and Steve’s widow, Teresa, took the band to court, and a new agreement was hashed out.

This new deal said the band could keep using the name Lynyrd Skynyrd, but only if Gary Rossington
    and at least two other surviving members—Leon Wilkeson, Billy Powell, Ed King, and Artimus Pyle—
    were in the lineup. The band stuck to this ‘Rule of Three’ for quite a while, even though they tried to
    shake off the original lineup’s shadow by adding ‘1991’ to the name at one point.

Full story at:
    https://rockcelebrities.net/the-viol...iving-members/

Thread Information