X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

‘Midnight Special’ YouTube Channel

The Midnight Special, the once hugely popular music program that featured such now legendary
    performers of the 1970s and early ’80s as David Bowie, Tina Turner, Elton John and too many
    others to list, is now available to watch on YouTube.

Producer Burt Sugarman announced today’s launch of the Midnight Special YouTube channel,
    noting that the channel will make available performances that have not been seen in nearly 50
    years (at least officially – bootleg copies have circulated for years; some performances from the
    show were previously available on DVD).

Full story at:

As of this post the Pilot episode is up and there are sections for Bee Gees, Bowie, F. Mac, L. Rondstadt,
    Rod Stewart, Tina Turner and Stand Up Comedy.

Channel:
    The original late night live Rock n' Roll concert show! The Midnight Special is an American late-night musical variety series originally broadcast on NBC during the 1970s and early 1980s, created and produced by Burt Sugarman. It premiered as a special on August 19, 1972, then began its run as a regular series on February 2, 1973; its last episode was on May 1, 1981.
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Two of Mick Jagger's exes (allegedly) sing a duet....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So this actually happened.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Faces with Keef....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
            Faces with Keef....

Really shows that there wasn't a great reason that we had to endure miming on the majority of music TV shows like this throughout the 70s and 80s, this sounds absolutely good.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I remember when this one was on. I didn't actually see it live, because it was really late on a school night or whatever. Just remember my dad complaining about "those goddamn filthy hairy hippies".....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

And some of your cretins around here say I listen to "old fogie music"

Comment

Working...