Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I like both Daves, Gahan is a decade younger than Roth so yeah he has more voice left, but in their prime both are great voices. Homo is in the eye of the beholder...

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

So you're saying Roth is senile? I won't argue that. Listen to his gibberish podcast, watch his sundowning videos, notice how he fucks over his dwindling fan base in places like, Vegas. Gahan on the other hand has more money that God, shows up for concerts, would never demean himself in a shitty podcast and most likely will call it quits after this tour is over although he may continue to tour with the Soul Savers such as that is. Gahan's voice is euphonious; Roth's voice is a man crying for help. Age has little to do with it.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        So you're saying Roth is senile? I won't argue that. Listen to his gibberish podcast, watch his sundowning videos, notice how he fucks over his dwindling fan base in places like, Vegas. Gahan on the other hand has more money that God, shows up for concerts, would never demean himself in a shitty podcast and most likely will call it quits after this tour is over although he may continue to tour with the Soul Savers such as that is. Gahan's voice is euphonious; Roth's voice is a man crying for help. Age has little to do with it.
        Dunno about crying for help, but I find I can't watch or listen to [Roth] talk or perform anymore. Really haven't been able to generate any interest in doing so since the last tour he did with Van Halen.

Somebody asked me recently if Depeche Mode were German. I said I always thought they were a British band but wasn't sure. That's...that's about all I have for Depeche Mode. Oh, yeah, People Are People. That was them, right?
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Depeche Mode is actually a French term but they are ridiculously huge in Germany

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Check out the big brain on Kristy.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

At least I wasn't born European. How awful that must feel.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yet you still spent all those years to learn fluent French?

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

More like listening to an interview of Martin Gore who explained the band's name.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A limey had to teach you some basic French. Oh dear...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      More like I think you might be schizo from all the drugs like Syd. Because I never said anything like that about Dave's mental state and if you watch his quirky and weird art vids, he clearly isn't senile. Weird? Maybe.....

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Great show!

Skip the opening band, DIIV. They were just about as boring as Bastille, who opened for Duran Duran.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Been counting down the days until the 16th with excitement and nervousness. I have no interest in seeing whatever opening act they are touring with. And you can't fool me with the playlist they change it up here and there but they are playing some of the staple like Walking In My Shoes, It's No Good, Personal Jesus.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I didn't look at the last few setlists before going. There are plenty of great songs left out, good problem to have I guess.

Martin played guitar a lot more than I thought he would have. Big full sound from just four guys, bassist doubles on keyboards. I'm sure there are loops and sequences still involved. My friend had seen DM a few times in the past but this was her first where they had live drums. The sound during DIIV's set seemed muddy but Mode was perfect. Maybe it was just DIIV's music that is muddy.

Looking at setlist.fm just now, if there is a change it is the 11th song of the set which is Martin's acoustic spot. We got Strangelove and it was amazing. The other flexible spot is the first song of the encore, ours was Condemnation.

Last edited by twonabomber; 11-11-2023, 03:48 PM.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Dave was a weirdo in a business were the most talented weirdos ruled.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

The best Depeche Mode show I've ever been to.

Comment

Working...