X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    ...Now if only these established acts will quit giving him a spot on their tours, we might actually get what we really want out of this moron...
    That may be my favorite quote here in a while.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MasonL
      One is grade school T-ball and the other is the New York Yankees.
      Fucking A.
      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
        .. like his hero.. Dave Grohl. Again.
        Am I one of the only ones who is so sick of Dave fucking Grohl? Seriously...and I was in high school in the 90s. But this guy just pisses me off now. I can't take his bullshit "nice guy" persona. Now I hear he's stealing Matt Cameron (from Soundgarden, a band 1,000 times better than Foo Fighters...and yes, even Pearl Jam, and even they are better than Foo Fighters) to be his new drummer.

Dave Grohl acts like he IS rock. But when the plaudits die down, and I have to hear a new Foo Fighters song, I always think, "If this is what rock 'n' roll always were, I doubt I'd be as into rock as I am."
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          The kid is teasing an announcement on 3/23.
          Congratulations to Wolfie. He finally emptied his fridge and ate his own hand...and now I don't have to hear him play an instrument anymore.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Again? He did a video like that. He's out of ideas already?
            What's Wolfie trying to prove? That 400 lbs. x 4 = 1,600 lbs of bad music?
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              Am I one of the only ones who is so sick of Dave fucking Grohl?
              Sick of Grohl. Sick of Dwayne Johnson. Sick of Ryan Seacrest. Sick of the Manning brothers being positioned as "nice guys." Let someone else work!

Kevin Hart, too. Fuck that little unfunny midget!
              Last edited by twonabomber; 03-21-2023, 03:50 PM.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Kid posted "ACATEOTW." Song title? Probably ending in "The End Of The World?"
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Silexxx
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

Kid posted "ACATEOTW." Song title? Probably ending in "The End Of The World?"

Good guess. Not available yet but here's the link to the soon to be released video.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Am I one of the only ones who is so sick of Dave fucking Grohl? Seriously...and I was in high school in the 90s. But this guy just pisses me off now. I can't take his bullshit "nice guy" persona. Now I hear he's stealing Matt Cameron (from Soundgarden, a band 1,000 times better than Foo Fighters...and yes, even Pearl Jam, and even they are better than Foo Fighters) to be his new drummer.

Dave Grohl acts like he IS rock. But when the plaudits die down, and I have to hear a new Foo Fighters song, I always think, "If this is what rock 'n' roll always were, I doubt I'd be as into rock as I am."

Yeah, like I never said anything about that yellow-tooth media whore. Grohl is the epitome of all that sucks in music.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Yeah, like I never said anything about that yellow-tooth media whore. Grohl is the epitome of all that sucks in music.
                      Indeed. People talk about how amazing it is that he's so prolific. Well, I'll tell you something: if all you do is write the same mediocre song over and over again, it's easy to pump out 20 songs a year.

Look at Hagar? He's constantly pumping out new music. Well, if the bar you set is awfully low, it's no problem. If every time you write a song, you say, "That's done!", then it's easy to pump out albums full of mediocrity.

I'm not going to claim Grohl has NEVER written a good song...but I know that I'd have to sift through 30 songs to find a good one every time.

Look at Stanley Kubrick. He made a new film every 10 years by the end of his life. If you're the greatest filmmaker who ever lived, you need to really put in the time to produce exceptional work.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Again, I ask, what has Ghohl really done beside play drums on a shitty grunge album over 30 years ago?

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                          Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
                          We got what they gave and - bottom line, like it or not - that's all there is to it.
                          I get that that is all any fan can/should "expect" of a creator but fer chrissakes it doesn't make it any easier.
                          Along the lines of what you said, I get that all a fan is entitled to from a band is to listen to whatever music the band releases and decide if it's something to be liked or not.

I mean, I don't think the remaining members of Van Halen owed me anything. I never thought along those lines.

However, also along the lines of what you said...I mean, CVH was so shit-hot that to NOT be disappointed by what the band devolved into after Roth left...that band could have done a LOT better because we all knew darn well at one time they were capable of doing much better.

But, like I said, at this point after 25 years of the band getting precious little right and 3 years after Eddie's passing...there's little point in continuing to be letdown. It's over. Realistically, it was over when Roth left in 1985, but as long as the 4 members of CVH were still vertical there was that dim hope they could somehow put it all back together. It never happened.

Thankfully, the music still resonates.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Didn't Sam and Ed play Rock And Roll at Farm Aid?
                            And turned it into Farm AIDS....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Actually, that was their shitty cover of The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again"....

Yeah now I recall, trying to forget. It's even worse since I love The Who and am lukewarm at best on Zep. I think Ed did some wanker shit on his guitar to approximate Pete Townsends original organ overlay, which seemed extremely douchy since he had no problem with synths and keys on any other Van H$$$$ song...

Jerked off to the hilt...

The real version, not even the best but way better than Van Cuntgar:
                              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-21-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

I liked the first two Foo Fighters albums. LIKED them.

Can't say as I'm sick of the guy because he is easily ignored, but I never bought a ticket on the Dave Grohl train re: those who consider him being this exceptional rock drummer when in Nirvana or the Foo Fighters being an exceptional rock band re: the quality of the music.

He may well be a nice guy, but overall his music is simultaneously boring and formulaic to my ears: if the music doesn't move me a wonderful personality isn't going to make the music sound any better.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...