• Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    And cake.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

This gives me nausea :

Cap.jpg

Eddies' place occupied by lame, cheesy fuckers. Sacrilege!
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I saw that, too.

It takes that many record company turds to sign a band? Maybe it was a field trip.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think Wolfie should airbrush any Sammy Hagar off that era of albums and put his picture in his place, because he's "legit!" Maybe the music will get more respect with his genius bass playing associated with it?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              You've managed to say in one sentence what I said in too many... That's exactly it.

Sorry to break your heart in wishing I were one of those warm-hearted Republicans. I'm afraid not.

But yes...you summed it up pretty well.

By the way, when I say "spark," I mean a relative term. I mean there are "sparks" of musical brilliance in some of the music...again, all watered-down by bad lyrics and lame singing.

If Van Hagar is a spark, Van Halen is a fire.

Wolfgang is a wet gasp of flatulence.
              The only fire out of Sammy would be his farts being ignited by said sparks...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                LOL on the front page of Ultimate Classic Rock
                I wish I could find that photochop pic someone posted at the links in 2007 during the reunion of with the faux-press conference pic of a table of all the members of Van Halen at it; with Dave and the cliche cheeky smile, 2004 Ed looking like he is asking for bus fare after falling out of a crackhouse, and Alex in his neck brace/dog cone. And Wolfie is at nose level at the table just so you can see his eyes peaking over it, I fucking pissed myself...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-17-2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Anyway, I have talked in great detail on this forum about the brilliance of Taylor Swift only to find slave FORD deleting my post.
                  Absolutely false. I would never delete any post talking about Taylor Swift. I'd be too busy laughing at it

Also, I got some weird bug going on with Firefox which won't even let me delete or edit my own posts, let alone anybody else's. It's really starting to piss me off, but not enough to force me into using a Googlespamware browser.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    Speaking of Tony Martin era Sabbath, Iommi has been working on a box set for those albums expected this year. So I imagine they will be back on streaming formats as well.
                    The demand for that material is probably even less than the demand for Van Hagar.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Thing of it is, it wasn't even up to the musicians in the various lineups of Van Halen (much less their kids or wives) back in the day as to how the public would react to the music or the lineups. It was up to the individual listeners. Always has been and still is.

I gave Van Halen with Hagar a fair shot. More than a fair shot. That lineup didn't do it for me and didn't do it for a lot of people who dug CVH. What Eddie might have thought about that one way or the other mattered not back in the day, thus what his kid or his ex-wife thinks about it now matters even less: the band puts the material out and the listener(s) decide if it's something they like or not. Plus, that LRHRN album - even by Van Hagar's diminished standards - still sucks; it's not like it's gonna get any better just because Eddie died.

It's as if Eddie's kid thinks we need to take his feelings into account or get his seal of approval as to how we approach what Van Halen as a band did. Yeah, well, tough. I still have little to no use for anything Van Halen did when Roth wasn't in the band, and that stance developed (and remains in place) strictly on my reaction to the musical output. If I had enjoyed what Van Halen did with Hagar or Cherone, then I would have enjoyed what Van Halen did with Hagar and Cherone and the whole 'who is the best singer in Van Halen' biz wouldn't have mattered to me. Same as my reaction to the Mammoth record, in that if I liked what I had heard whatever feelings I had about nepotism wouldn't have prevented me from enjoying the music.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

Funny enough, I bought EEAS and 5150 on vinyl the same day, long story…

5150 was like a curiosity, my then favourite guitarist with a whole new version and vibe.

EEAS was full of superior playing and writing, with fire and that quirky sense of humour that is uniquely DLR.

By the way, I think it’s really really super lame to pick on anyone because of what their body looks like.
                        The bottom line (see what I did there?) is does the music move me… apart from the tribute song for his dad, no it doesn’t. Dime a dozen corporate writing by numbers.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess I won't be going to any meet and greets soon

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

It took me a few years digesting DLRs departure from VH but I knew they were a disfunctional bunch. I never purchased the new 5150 album in 85 or 86, then later on I gave OU812 a shot buying the cassette when it came out, I also bought the FUCK cd and cassette and even went to one of the show and I remember the arena was half empty. Finally, in '95 I brought my then girlfriend to another attempt at a Van Hagar show supporting the Balance tour and I remember back then being ridiculed by quite a few people I know to even go to that. EVH made me buy into Van Hagar (there are some great guitar work on these albums even on the VHIII) so I tried my best to like this version of a band but it doesn't grow on me nor VHIII. I cannot go past Sammy's singing and still to this day I have a hard time with his voice that sounds like chalk on blackboard noise. Van Hagar does not even stand the test of time... So yes, I think I gave Van Hagar a fair shot.
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

The band made it clear on stage over the 2007-2015 period in the set lists, and I don't remember Ed ever evoking Van Hagar during those years, anyway.
                              So why would Wolf deplore that it doesn't get enough respect, otherwise than in terms of royalties?... No respect = no sales = too little money in his own pockets.

That statement of his is odd as well in that he was supposed to have had some big influence on Ed in favor of Dave's comeback within the band.

Wolf looks more and more uncool.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wolfie really thinks I should "respect" THIS???

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...