Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Michael Anthony Forms a New Band?

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-van...s-john-douglas

Michael Anthony was asked if he has any plans to form a new project or band once Sammy Hagar has finally retired from performing with THE CIRCLE. Anthony responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

"Well, I wasn't going to mention anything about it, but there is a little side project thing that I've kind of been speaking to some people, and might be doing a couple of things with. I don't wanna get ahead of myself and mention too much, but it might involve Phil X [BON JOVI guitarist] and John Douglas, who you know as [the touring drummer] for AEROSMITH right now. I've known J.D. for many years, since he's worked with VAN HALEN… What a great guy. And we do have a singer. I don't wanna mention any names, but a really, really cool singer. And we're recording just for fun right now, some stuff. That's all I can say."
    Last edited by Silexxx; 03-24-2023 at 03:25 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Maybe he is finally tiring of Clichegar's lame act.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Johnny Depp?

Phil X played with Aldo Nova back on the Blood On The Bricks tour. Nova stopped in town on his way between cities and did a midnight show for WMMS at a club that was by Jacobs Field. Great show, and it was on WMMS so there's bootlegs around.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Phil X can play anything but these things don't usually work out well because of shitty songwriting.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

https://blabbermouth.net/news/jeff-s...wQuUn-u5XCLXo4

JEFF SCOTT SOTO Implies He Is Singer Of New Band Formed By VAN HALEN, BON JOVI And AEROSMITH Members

Jeff Scott Soto has heavily implied that he is the singer of the new band formed by ex-VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, BON JOVI guitarist Phil X and current AEROSMITH touring drummer John Douglas.

Anthony, who is currently the bassist for Sammy Hagar's THE CIRCLE, revealed the existence of the project during a March 22 appearance on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk". When asked if he had any plans to form a new project or band once Hagar has finally retired from performing with THE CIRCLE, Michael said: "Well, I wasn't going to mention anything about it, but there is a little side project thing that I've kind of been speaking to some people, and might be doing a couple of things with. I don't wanna get ahead of myself and mention too much, but it might involve Phil X and John Douglas, who you know as [the touring drummer] for AEROSMITH right now."

Anthony continued: "I've known J.D. for many years, since he's worked with VAN HALEN… What a great guy. And we do have a singer. I don't wanna mention any names, but a really, really cool singer. And we're recording just for fun right now, some stuff. That's all I can say."

On Friday night (March 24),Soto, who has recorded and toured with JOURNEY, Yngwie Malmsteen, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and SONS OF APOLLO, among others, took to his Instagram to share a screenshot of BLABBERMOUTH.NET's original coverage of the project, and he included the following cryptic message: "Hmmm....ummm...no comment =)" When one person asked Jeff, "Who's singer?", he responded: "Read between the lines my friend".

Anthony guested on "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" to promote his appearance at a fundraising event and concert benefiting Save The Heartbeat on March 25 at Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, California. Also performing at the show will be Phil X, Hagar and John 5, among other musicians.

Save The Heartbeat is a non-profit organization that benefits those that are affected by congenital heart disease (CHD). Danielle and Jonathan Maloof started this charity after their son Remington was born with an undiagnosed congenital heart defect in 2013.

VAN HALEN and Anthony had not been on good terms for more than a decade prior to guitarist Eddie Van Halen's death in October 2020, with Anthony not invited to join the reunion with singer David Lee Roth that began in 2007. The subsequent two tours and studio album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", featured Eddie's son Wolfgang on bass.

Anthony took a pay cut and signed away all of his rights to the band name and logo in order to participate in VAN HALEN's 2004 tour, which featured singer Sammy Hagar.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

MA needs to change his hairstyle. It's been bad for decades.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Jeff Sucks Scrotum?? He's so lame that even the Trump loving pussy Jonathan Cain thought he would be better off hiring his next singer from "MySpace".

And let's not forget his failed project with the "two guys from the Misfits who were not Glenn Danzig".....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    MA needs to change his hairstyle. It's been bad for decades.
    wig...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Considering this band has Bon Jovi's scab guitarist and Aeroshit's scab drummer, and possibly a failed scab singer from Journey, shouldn't Wolfie be the bass player, not Mikey?

10. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-26-2023)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    I mean, one could say at least when Anthony was playing with Hagar, Chad Smith and Joe Satriani that there was a lineup with some cache in terms of the names involved if only in the limited sense that rock fans generally knew who they all were.

Bon Jovi's scab guitar player, Aerosmith's touring drummer and Jeff Scott Soto?

Well, Anthony did say they were recording "just for fun"...and I suppose these guys need SOMETHING to do...

I did see Soto sing with Journey maybe 15 years ago, and I will say Soto was quite good far as the Journey material went.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Maybe this group of musicians will put out some great tunes... that would be cool.

Then Hagar will be lamenting about Mike firing him in his upcoming interviews...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Is this really a "supergroup"? I can't think of almost any band whose future prospects I could give less of a fuck about, except maybe a Nickelback/Creed supergroup.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Is this really a "supergroup"? I can't think of almost any band whose future prospects I could give less of a fuck about, except maybe a Nickelback/Creed supergroup.
    Where was it called a "Supergroup"? If Clichegar were involved, he'd call it a "Supergroup".

Thread Information