X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    So, if Dave cut those waste of time Van Halen remakes in the studio with no affects and no auto tune, how the fuck does he sound so BAD at that HD corporate gig?
    Maybe he wasn't kidding about mixing the vicodin & vodka? That combination would make anybody sound like shit. Assuming they could stay conscious long enough to sound like shit.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      He's an online Nazi Cunt.
      He's a lame piece of shit.

Was a thread here once about his site. Commented that I had been there once or twice, looked around, didn't care for the vibe of the place and didn't bother posting there.

Guy comes over here to post HIS comment about my comment about the links, his comment being along the lines of he was awesome/his site was recognized by the band/he was friends with Eddie Van Halen/who the fuck am I to say anything about his website. Mind you, I wasn't going onto HIS site and commenting that I had no use for it. Never even had an interaction with the guy prior. Fucking dimwitted psycho with delusions of grandeur over the importance of his website comes over here to be cyber tough guy.

It's like, you run a popular website about Van Halen. Okay. So?

Based on the slant I saw on the site however many years back it was now since that interaction, wouldn't surprise me if he was sniffing Ed's kid's shit-stained underwear and swearing it smelled like roses: if you're a fan of someone to the point where you find zero fault in anything they do ever, you might as well call yourself a cult member.

Whatever. Fuck that guy and his Hagar-friendly site.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's kind of odd that Dave posted those new versions of CVH songs on Spotify with his new band showing he can still sing and then does a corporate for an amount of money that will be insane to any of us maybe 5 figures but just can't be life changing to him and then put in that performance.

It's so strange that he doesn't realize that the audience will not accept him changing the vocal melodies of his most famous songs.

Who else ever did that and everyone was fine with it?
        He was dicking around with the vocal melodies live in 1999, 2002, 2005 and 2006. Cut him some slack during those years because they were either opening gig slots or headlining slots at small venues with fairly inexpensive ticket prices.

He pulled it together quite well (for him) in 2007.

Come 2012, he's out there fucking around with the melodies but now he's fronting Van Halen and sounding terrible at premium ticket prices (vs. now, where he sounds terrible at any price). Seeing that ADKOT tour show was when I finally acknowledged Roth was no longer good enough to do the material justice live and the spectacle of him as a performer had waned to where he was just this weird anachronistic shadow of what he had formerly been. That point, it's like fuck it, it's over.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
          He was dicking around with the vocal melodies live in 1999, 2002, 2005 and 2006. Cut him some slack during those years because they were either opening gig slots or headlining slots at small venues with fairly inexpensive ticket prices.

So you and I saw the 2007/2008 'Dave saves the fucking day tour' where he somehow dragged a 16 year old child and an old drunk guy through an arena tour.

Panama like DTNA and a few others over the last 10 years have always been not good to the extent that that they made you forget about the ones that were fine.

Anyhoo as it happens the gig I was at in Baltmore back then has a great video and I went back and looked tonight and even Panama was absolutely fine vocally.

Maybe around the last time Dave didn't ruin Panama which is a bit of consolation as it was the most I have ever spent going to a gig and ever will ...?
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-29-2023, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's kind of odd that Dave posted those new versions of CVH songs on Spotify with his new band showing he can still sing and then does a corporate for an amount of money that will be insane to any of us maybe 5 figures but just can't be life changing to him and then put in that performance.

It's so strange that he doesn't realize that the audience will not accept him changing the vocal melodies of his most famous songs.

Who else ever did that and everyone was fine with it?
            Far as I could tell by what was posted Dave only performed Panama... Doubt he was paid 5 figures for that and his performance sucked elephant balls...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I bet he got more than $10k, you would be surprised at the cash these guys get, Vince Neil minimum appearance rate starts at $65k.

Couldn't find a price for DLR but Sammy Hagar is quoted at $80-$116k !

Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-30-2023, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sammy Hagar is quoted at $80-$116k !

https://seattletalentbuying.com/artists/
                yeah but Sammy "doesn't need the money..."
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

He's a lame piece of shit.

Was a thread here once about his site. Commented that I had been there once or twice, looked around, didn't care for the vibe of the place and didn't bother posting there.

Guy comes over here to post HIS comment about my comment about the links, his comment being along the lines of he was awesome/his site was recognized by the band/he was friends with Eddie Van Halen/who the fuck am I to say anything about his website. Mind you, I wasn't going onto HIS site and commenting that I had no use for it. Never even had an interaction with the guy prior. Fucking dimwitted psycho with delusions of grandeur over the importance of his website comes over here to be cyber tough guy.

It's like, you run a popular website about Van Halen. Okay. So?

Based on the slant I saw on the site however many years back it was now since that interaction, wouldn't surprise me if he was sniffing Ed's kid's shit-stained underwear and swearing it smelled like roses: if you're a fan of someone to the point where you find zero fault in anything they do ever, you might as well call yourself a cult member.

Whatever. Fuck that guy and his Hagar-friendly site.
                  I think true fans are honest. If the entertainer you like is starting to suck let them know it. You definitely would do this in your favorite restaurant if the food started to suck. Anyways if you say a sucky performance is great you are an enabler and not a fan.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Come 2012, he's out there fucking around with the melodies but now he's fronting Van Halen and sounding terrible at premium ticket prices (vs. now, where he sounds terrible at any price). Seeing that ADKOT tour show was when I finally acknowledged Roth was no longer good enough to do the material justice live and the spectacle of him as a performer had waned to where he was just this weird anachronistic shadow of what he had formerly been. That point, it's like fuck it, it's over.
                    It’s been over for a long time. Some things just don’t age well. Dave is like beer. He was great when he came out of the brewery fresh but he’s really skunked now.

If Sam wants to charge to be a party clown then whatever. That’s capitalism and fools and their money are soon departed.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Dave is like the washed up actress in the movie Sunset Blvd. He’s living in his own delusion now and it’s ugly to see. It’s called narcissism.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I once prank-called Home Depot and asked them to go down the list of all the construction pieces I would need to re-build as LOVE GUN-era KISS stage in my backyard. They were surprisingly helpful, didn't notice my giggles and let me waste a lot of time.

I was young and stupid...but they did help me come up with a great way to construct the dual lit-staircases.
                        The Home Depot was started by some great guys and once was a good outfit but as soon as the the controlling shares get sold and it becomes owned by the capital investment firms everything goes to shit.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          yeah but Sammy "doesn't need the money..."
                          If I didn't think it abhorrent to pay sam money, I'd start a Go Fund Me to pay him not to play....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I bet he got more than $10k, you would be surprised at the cash these guys get, Vince Neil minimum appearance rate starts at $65k.

Couldn't find a price for DLR but Sammy Hagar is quoted at $80-$116k !

https://seattletalentbuying.com/artists/

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I will give a guy like Ed Van Halen a hall pass for some fuckery. I mean these guys don’t live the healthiest lifestyles in the world but nor do they claim to be a saint. Ed needed a better woman in his life. I mean Val has a wake of failed marriages behind her and she uses social media like a psychiatrist. I’m like holy shit! This bitch is nuts. No wonder Ed isolated himself and crawled into the bottle. Years of that and feeling you needed to stay in it for your kid. It drove Ed so low he literally became a bum.

Ed gets a new woman and he becomes a new man. Fuck. He’s got a twinkle in his eye. A big smile. He started playing great again. If anything Ed got to go out on top and thank’s Janie and sorry for your loss but you brought Ed back to a dignified place.

Roth just ran out of gas. He tried. He really did but Father Time sometimes is a cruel son of a bitch.

Sam? The best way I can describe him is he’s like pubic lice. He’s always crawling around and irritating and hard to make go away.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

He's an online Nazi Cunt.
                                Ha! That place is still around? It was the lamest of the lame. I guess it still is.

Comment

Working...