X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I say the doc so far is very well done.

But I'm thinking this seems like another slagfest on Dave while not looking at the faults of Eddie or Alex. Sure Dave was drunk during the US performance. So what. He sill delivered under those circumstances. And the focusing on the "I forgot the fucking words" bit. We all know that was a staged thing Dave was doing during the Diver Down tour.

For years Dave was painted as the main villain in the 1985 breakup when we all know it was all of them (Dave, Ed and Al) and their actions that led to the fall.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes which appear to be a good setup to the breakdown within the band heading into 1984 and its implosion.

VV... while there was some coverage to Roth and his difficulties, there was references to the dark side of Eddie as well. I believe the narrator mentioned it will delve more into Ed's roles in this. It will be interesting to see if more is turned up regarding Alex's role/contribution to the mess. I feel he gets off far too easy in uncovering the problems within the band yet remained a key figure in all the bullshit...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Goosebumps. Not a lot of new info for me, but I like it.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes which appear to be a good setup to the breakdown within the band heading into 1984 and its implosion.

VV... while there was some coverage to Roth and his difficulties, there was references to the dark side of Eddie as well. I believe the narrator mentioned it will delve more into Ed's roles in this. It will be interesting to see if more is turned up regarding Alex's role/contribution to the mess. I feel he gets off far too easy in uncovering the problems within the band yet remained a key figure in all the bullshit...
          Agreed.

For instance, Al was the driving force behind dumping Monk. I'm not saying Monk was a great manager. Maybe he was great at getting the band good deals but not great at managing their personalities clearly.

But making big management personnel decisions, I would think the entire band has to have some kind of consensus. Even with dumping Ted. Ed didnt want to work with him anymore. That doesn't mean Dave didn't as well.

And then what about Ed and Al's alcoholism? Drinking all day and then working at night wasn't productive.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Sure beats Roth's own podcast.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Goosebumps. Not a lot of new info for me, but I like it.
              It's nice seeing all the details organized in a chronological order rather than bit's n pieces all over the place.

Looking at the old video... man, that was a long time ago and the world has changed significantly!
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

It's nice seeing all the details organized in a chronological order rather than bit's n pieces all over the place.

Looking at the old video... man, that was a long time ago and the world has changed significantly!
                And not for the better I might add.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I find it a constant surprise and I'm many many many years younger than you so it must be crazy for you.

Same amount of time between 1984 and now and 1984 and the the Omaha Beach thing in Saving Private Ryan...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    And not for the better I might add.
                    A lot of things are better. For example Sundays used to be a fucking drag.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by AlanCBerry
                      One week from today, I will release the first two episodes of my Van Halen fan documentary. I'm not making any money from this project, but I'd greatly appreciate folks subscribing to my YouTube channel.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17298[/ATTACH]
                      Great job!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'd never looked at the Van Halen US Festival rider before. 25 Pounds of M&Ms is a lot. That's removing the brown M & Ms from 252 bags...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Episode 1

Val’s brother Drew was the contractor. David Bertinelli told some stories about building 5150.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I'm telling you guys, the documentary dude must be a Hagar lover.

He's gonna paint Dave to be the main reason CVH broke up and will even try to downplay his contributions overall to the band.

If I were Al, I'd take down the videos.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• silverfish
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2007

Checked to see if episode 3 was up yet and find that the first two segments are no longer in the Video
                              section. The trailer is still there and when I clicked on ep 2 from my favorites I got a "Video Is Private"
                              screen.
                              Originally posted by sadaist
                              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                                Checked to see if episode 3 was up yet and find that the first two segments are no longer in the Video
                                section. The trailer is still there and when I clicked on ep 2 from my favorites I got a "Video Is Private"
                                screen.
                                VH's attorneys got to it no doubt.

Al most likely shut it down. Or it could be that there was too much copyright stuff the doc was using without permission.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...