Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlanCBerry
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jun 2022

I remastered and mashed up the four TV studio performances of Unchained. See what you think of it.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by AlanCBerry
      I remastered and mashed up the four TV studio performances of Unchained. See what you think of it.
      Works like a long-lost studio version music video. Nice job!
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by silverfish

Surprised that one ever got out - it really gives away that rather than dangerous street punks they are being photographed in a huge mansion in the leafy suburbs.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jun 2022

Who was cooler than Roth? I have another never heard by anyone interview with Mr. Diamond from 1984, dropping this week. In the interview, you will hear MC Roth do a freestyle rap. (Not kidding and not AI.)Photo by Michael Ochs.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

People make fun of Dave now but fuck them. He was the coolest frontman ever.

I was only in elementary school when the band broke up...but I remember in 1984-84, you could mention Roth to boys and they would be like, "Oh, the coolest guy on the planet" and you could mention him to girls (yes, elementary school girls...I was 8-9) and they would be like, "He's SO cute!" I remember having a crush on a girl (maybe my first crush) and she was just obsessed with Roth.

Psyched to hear the 1984 interview with Dave. I remember watching a VHS compilation of Van Halen clips from 1984 sometime in the 90s (must have been right after the failed reunion). And I remember noticing that Dave was just so funny and awesome in every T.V. interview, even though he had clearly rehearsed all the one-liners.

I went on a hardcore VH kick (again) starting '96 (again, for obvious reasons). That was when I picked up Montreal '84 and became addicted to it. I would watch it OVER and OVER again. It's still one of my favorite concerts by anyone. I DEFINITELY watched it more than the US FESTIVAL, which I still really enjoy.

Montreal '84 may have been an audience boot...but for the mid-80s, it's really good. Really well-shot, the whole show.

But I've prayed for Largo '84 to get released because, to me, THAT is the Holy Grail. That could be what finally totally replaces Montreal '84.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jun 2022

Just dropped a never-published interview with Roth from December 1984.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Great interview! Loved the questions she asked and of course, Dave's smart assed answers!!
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jun 2022

Unreleased Roth freestyle from 1984. Plus the #djkhaled �� remix version.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jun 2022

In an alternate universe, we have Vanhalen’s horror movie which was released 43 years ago this month.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice you included something Halloween themed... local retail has already rolled out Christmas crap here... SMH
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by AlanCBerry
                        Unreleased Roth freestyle from 1984. Plus the #djkhaled �� remix version.
                        Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Nice you included something Halloween themed... local retail has already rolled out Christmas crap here... SMH
                          Local retail here rolled out the Halloween crap the week before Labor Day. Goddamned ridiculous.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jun 2022

Posting my last VH interview. This one is David Lee Roth again, but from 2019. Greg Renoff, says is "the most honest real interview DLR did that I know about"

Comment

Working...