Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Alex is like Wolfgang. He hates the fans. He always did. He would purposely dodge them. Probably the biggest fan hater in the band. Fans were chumps to take money from and fuck. No reason to care about them because you can piss all over them and they still have to have Van Halen.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Looks like Al is going to have to die. Anyways his wife and kids will cash in. Watch Wolfie sue but maybe then the fans get their fix.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

What I learned from the US Festival is a chain link fence is not going to get in the way of a few thousand people determined to take a shortcut.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

We were supposed to go surfing the next day but we were so fucked up that wasn’t happening.

Comment

• Heater
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Look. They don’t care about you. Both Al and Wolf have their fuck you money. Wolf gets more pleasure shitting on fans than he would from the money he would make releasing stuff. Oh you liked my dad but hate me. Suck my big fat ass you Schlebbs!
            Wolf does kinda shit on fans, living in his dad’s shadow must get to him. But it’s funny how he has no problem milking being Ed’s son at the same time, “ I’m using pop’s OG guitar on my next album”. When his band’s popularity levels off or dips a bit he will start playing the “occasional” CVH tune.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Alex is like Wolfgang. He hates the fans. He always did. He would purposely dodge them. Probably the biggest fan hater in the band. Fans were chumps to take money from and fuck. No reason to care about them because you can piss all over them and they still have to have Van Halen.
              It appears the main culprit in the entire Van Halen saga has always been Alex.

Eddie always listened to Al more than anyone. Right or wrong.

Should we do a live album? (during CVH era) Alex says no. So no live album.

Alex says we should fire Noel and move on. Alex gets his way. Ed reluctantly agrees.

I bet it was Alex who told Ed to that we can't wait around for Dave to do his movie. Time to move on and find a new singer.

Mike is now playing with Sam? Alex tells Ed time to dump Mike. Its either VH or nothing.

And on and on....
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yep and it's now Alex and WB blocking this fan produced documentary.

The current status from Alan is he's working to remove all officially released Van Halen music from the videos so the story can be shared without any actual Van Halen music included. Also blurring out any clips from officially released video content.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Yep and it's now Alex and WB blocking this fan produced documentary.

The current status from Alan is he's working to remove all officially released Van Halen music from the videos so the story can be shared without any actual Van Halen music included. Also blurring out any clips from officially released video content.
                  Are you serious??

Seriously something is wrong with Alex.

Mind boggling. What a way to bury the great legend of his band. Total idiot.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah serious... you can check Alan's Facebook feed for his updates in the comments section of his post with the original band photo...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"Music documentaries" that don't include the actual music being talked about are completely worthless. You can find a shitload of those on Tubi. But I wouldn't recommend trying to sit through any of them. And yeah.. there's even one about Van Halen.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yup...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just sharing for those with an interest who don't visit VHLinks... From Alan:

I posted this over in the Steve Hoffman forum, but I thought maybe I should post this here too. Some great fans here.

Here goes..lol...I love this fuking forum cuz you all are truly who I make my videos for, fans of music. We may disagree on things, but we all love the music.

I know it fu&&ing sucks that I have to post the videos without VH music. But at this point, it's either that or not "officially" releasing them at all. I HATE docs that use cheeseball stock music. So, I use stock music as little as possible in my new edits. But in some parts, I need something; otherwise, it just sounds awkward. But I also do some creative ways to use other known bands' music. (You'll see what I mean when you watch it.) It's not better than the real thing, but it's not horrible. (Or I have delusionally made myself think it's okay.)

I'm using zero VH officially released music except where I can legitimately use Fair Use. The challenge with Fair Use is you only know if it's Fair Use once a judge decides. (Yes, I've checked with a lawyer.) I could use Fair Use 100% as intended, and WB could still sue me, and it will only be decided once a judge decides. Using a bootleg for the music bed is still copyright infringement. VH may not own the bootleg, but they always own the song. This is why using cover versions is out of the question too.
                          I'm blurring out videos I know 100% VH owns to play it safe. IE Jump and Pamana videos. I use other VH videos where ownership is a little greyer. Why not replace the videos instead of being lazy and just blurring them out? In some cases, I have replaced them; in others, I have gotten lazy because I need to finish this.

So why didn't you drop all episodes at the same time? Initially, that was the plan. But then I thought, what if, by chance, VH did have an issue with my videos? They could have copyrighted struck my channel out of existence. (It only takes 3) This is why I was dribbling them out.

To everyone that has said, why not just use Dropbox or Rumble or whatever...As others have pointed out...Now I'm distributing copyrighted material for which I received a cease and desist notice. I am opening myself to an absolute legal nightmare. But 20 people, or more, have the entire series exactly how I intend them to be. I had a circle of trusted VH insiders and buddies I shared copies with for their feedback. Plus, other people that I interviewed who I shared them with as well. TBH, I'm surprised none of those copies have leaked, or maybe they have, and I just don't know it. I guess at some point, you will see a torrent or a trader with the full versions of all the episodes. But let me be clear I will have zero to do with that. If someone else leaks my videos, that's their call, but I can't. DON'T EVER PAY FOR THEM.

Moving forward: Yesterday, I sent the WB lawyers my revamped version of EP1, hoping they would tell me if they see any issues. I doubt I will hear back. I'm just trying to save myself from posting the video and then them sending me another cease and desist, me having to take it back down, re-edit, and post it again. If I don't hear back, I will post Ep1 next Wednesday. Then repeat the cycle in two weeks with Ep3, etc. To be fair to the WB lawyers, they did not copyright strike my channel when they could have, so I want to be respectful of them too.

One thing I want to make very clear here...I have no one else to blame for all of this than myself. From the first day, I started to write the script, I knew this was all a gamble. VH has the absolute right to do with their IP as they want, even if it seems dicky. In my mind, it would be okay because if you look on YoutTube, it appears that VH does next to no policing of their music. You can look on eBay and buy a bootleg copy of the US Festival etc.. Everywhere I looked VH was not doing much to stop people from making money off of their copyright/trademark. So why would they care if a fan made videos on them where he made no money? I was wrong. So now I'm trying to make lemonade and move on.

There is more to tell about this story, but I need to move on with my day for now. Thanks, everyone, for all the great comments of support.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                            It appears the main culprit in the entire Van Halen saga has always been Alex.

Eddie always listened to Al more than anyone. Right or wrong.

Should we do a live album? (during CVH era) Alex says no. So no live album.

Alex says we should fire Noel and move on. Alex gets his way. Ed reluctantly agrees.

I bet it was Alex who told Ed to that we can't wait around for Dave to do his movie. Time to move on and find a new singer.

Mike is now playing with Sam? Alex tells Ed time to dump Mike. Its either VH or nothing.

And on and on....
                            Al was a thug who used and coasted on the coat tails of his more talented brother. Ed could be nice. You hear a lot of people say that about him. You never hear people say how nice Al was. Al was a self-centered dork.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Episode 1 is back up on youtube.com. Alan has had a guy, TomShreds, volunteer to create backing tracks "in the spirit of VH" to replace the copyrighted VH music previously included.

Here's a sample of TomShreds work...

Check out my brand new course Shred Like Ed right here! Save 75% if you preorder now, and access the first 5 hours of the course: https://tomshreds.mykajabi....

Here's a link to the edited Ep 1

This documentary is not an official or authorized documentary of Van Halen.In 1984, Van Halen experienced great success with their album “Diver Down” and a h...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Teaser for episode 3 The Making of 1984 scheduled to be released July 26th.

One-minute snippet from the upcoming Ep3. Featuring a quote from @GregRenoff must-read Ted Templeman book. And some music from @TomShreds For context, this...

Comment

Working...