Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

YouTube is strict on copy rights. It’s probably copy right infringement that got it flagged. Mike did say Alex is very protective of the VH legacy.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maybe Sammy reported it...because he can't find a way to profit off of it!
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Looking at his other documentaries and tons of other live footage and home recordings of copyright materials similar to this work posted on youtube... I'd say this has VH camp stunk all over it... If Eddie were still around he'd say Dave did it...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Once again VH shits on its fans. By far, the worst band in the world to be a super fan of.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Once again VH shits on its fans. By far, the worst band in the world to be a super fan of.
            Yeah, well, the band made 6 great albums. I still get pleasure listening to that music.

The band (or their former record company) can rerelease as many reissues of the back catalog as they like. Long term, what the band did after 1984 doesn't matter much to me anyway.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
              Yeah, well, the band made 6 great albums. I still get pleasure listening to that music.

The band (or their former record company) can rerelease as many reissues of the back catalog as they like. Long term, what the band did after 1984 doesn't matter much to me anyway.
              7 great albums.

I don't give a fuck after '84 either. But as Mike recently stated, there is tons of pro shot and soundboard recorded live shows. I am more than interested in that stuff.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

7 great albums.

I don't give a fuck after '84 either. But as Mike recently stated, there is tons of pro shot and soundboard recorded live shows. I am more than interested in that stuff.
                Alex can help put together a massive CVH box set "Live Anthology" including the pre-78 stuff like club gigs but for whatever reason its not seeing the light of day.

What's stopping Al from doing this? Is it Wolf?

If he's so protective of the legacy why not showcase the band at its very best (CVH years).
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I doubt most of those club gigs would ever get a commercial release since most of those recordings sounded like shit. The one show they could easily release would be the Pasadena Community Center concert from 1977. That was definitely an "official" recording by somebody connected to the band or Warner Bros, considering the show was just after they signed with the label, since they were announced as "Warner Brothers recording artists".
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    I doubt most of those club gigs would ever get a commercial release since most of those recordings sounded like shit. The one show they could easily release would be the Pasadena Community Center concert from 1977. That was definitely an "official" recording by somebody connected to the band or Warner Bros, considering the show was just after they signed with the label, since they were announced as "Warner Brothers recording artists".
                    That one could certainly be part of a box set.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                      That was the first bootleg I ever got of any band.

Made every other bootleg I heard sound shit in comparison.

My dumb fan question for EVH was always going to be why the fuck did you shorten the SBGMAD guitar solo from that show when you recorded it a couple of years later?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

My advice is forget about it. Life goes on.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          Alex can help put together a massive CVH box set "Live Anthology" including the pre-78 stuff like club gigs but for whatever reason its not seeing the light of day.

If he's so protective of the legacy why not showcase the band at its very best (CVH years).
                          When did Alex ever care about the fans? He was well known to dodge them. The only person who really was friendly with the fans was Mike.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Look. They don’t care about you. Both Al and Wolf have their fuck you money. Wolf gets more pleasure shitting on fans than he would from the money he would make releasing stuff. Oh you liked my dad but hate me. Suck my big fat ass you Schlebbs!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

I have no clue where Alex's head is at regarding the legacy and releasing old material... but the thought did occur to me that from the inception of Van Halen the band thru the Dave era and into the Hagar years was prior to Alex getting sober. Odds are he may harbor a lot of past demons and not necessarily view that material as positively as we, the fans, do...

It may be a matter of leaving the past as it is rather than revisit it from a deeply personal perspective for Alex and also his life with Edward... Something to consider.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

7 great albums.

I wouldn't say ADKOT is a bad album...just not listening to it much anymore...it was (I assume) about as good as the band could do circa 2009-2012 considering, I suppose.

Would still be interested in CVH pro shot live shows (perhaps a little less so with solely audio live stuff in that even if, say, every CVH gig ever played had been recorded by the band via the soundboard it wouldn't be a case of me actually wanting to hear every single CVH live show ever). If that stuff gets released, great. If not, the bootlegged stuff I've got already along with the stuff I don't that has surfaced online will (obviously) have to suffice.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...