X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    They closed with Rise? Kind of surprising...
    Yes, and the crowd went ballistic.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Cheap Trick style. Zander rarely speaks between songs, it's always Nielsen.
      Exactly.

Extreme opened for DLR in '91 but I don't remember much about their set.
      It was a good set back then. In hindsight, I'm surprised Dave didn't try to steal Nuno away from Extreme during that tour. Who knows, maybe he did.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Exactly.

It was a good set back then. In hindsight, I'm surprised Dave didn't try to steal Nuno away from Extreme during that tour. Who knows, maybe he did.

I seem to remember him not being complementary about them but that was probably tied up in bad feeling about the whole Cherone 1996 thing.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          I'm sure I was glad to hear Decadance Dance and less thrilled about More Than Words.

Ever hear this? Nuno singing on a Dweezil Zappa song, The Kiss. Nuno co-produced the album, Confessions.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Nope. Never heard that. To be honest, I'll probably never hear it again.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Another interview. Some more Van Halen content.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Listened to this one on the way into work. It’s a good one. I think he was drunk, high or hungover on the first one. This one he was more relaxed, if that’s even possible for him.

His Ozzy story is hysterical.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm sure I was glad to hear Decadance Dance and less thrilled about More Than Words.

Ever hear this? Nuno singing on a Dweezil Zappa song, The Kiss. Nuno co-produced the album, Confessions.

Got this when it came out. Not bad, but like a lot of stuff from that era, it’s dated and didn’t hold up very well. There’s a song towards the end where Dweezil and Nuno are talking through it like guitar geeks and they bust on Dave forgetting the words at the US Festival. There’s also a blisteringly painful version of Stayin’ Alive with Donnie Osmond on lead vocals. I strongly recommend never checking that one out.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                    Ublock Origin will absolutely wipe out all YouTube ads if you watch in a browser. If you're watching on android phone or android TV device there are "alternative" you tube clients available. Sadly if you try to watch on a Samsung TV you''re fucked because there are no alternative clients available and no adblockers at all. Network/DNS based adblocking will take the ad bullshit out of most sites, but not YouTube, because the Google greedy bastards have figured out how to stream the ads & the actual content from the same source.

YouTube might find that less people would use adblockers on their site if they went with a reasonable ad policy. Run an ad before the video? Sure... as long as it isn't longer than the video itself. Run one after the video? Yeah, why not. I'd probably click out of it anyway. It's the ads thrown in randomly in the middle of the content that I can't stand. I refuse to buy any product advertised that way, just out of principle.
                    Not a single “verily”?

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Our Lord might have turned a little too much water into wine that day?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...