Is Elon Musk Destroying Twitter On Purpose?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
      May I ask you, are you really trying to point to CNN & MSNBC as being the worst offenders for not holding ridiculous politicians accountable? Seriously?

It's interesting you can say such things with a straight face. MSNBC and CNN have gotten into the fray to happily report on Democrats with dirt under their fingernails time and time again...

. Bob Menendez
      . The Ralph Northam scandal a few years back (the contributors on MSNBC and CNN were actually asking Northam to step down when that occurred in 2019, basically taking part in a scandal during which it was proved that his Republican opponents had found & released the dirt for political opportunity)

Meanwhile...it's amazing how many indictments, scandals or disgusting behaviors get glossed over on Fox or Newsmax. Hell, Fox didn't even report the fact that they settled with Dominion over their false allegations of Dominion complicity with "voting fraud." Fox's entire reporting on the issue was 100% lies...they paid $787 million to Dominion over their lies...but it wasn't "newsworthy."

And their coverage of the Trump indictments is laughable.

Wow. Some of the things you say, Flamma. It makes me actually sad for you.

(But I do LOVE talking Van Halen with you...so that's cool! )
      This is interesting and aligns with my take.

When it comes to getting news about government and politics, there are stark ideological differences in the sources that online Americans use, as well as

For those "consistently Liberal", only about half view MSNBC or CNN as trustworthy.

For the record, I think all of the main legacy providers are useless and corrupt, but CNN and MSNBC in my eyes are among the worst offenders. Your peer group agrees in this poll...I know you love a good poll.

The other takeaway here is that given these results, the two worst offenders are MSNBC and Fox News. I don't necesarily disagree with this conclusion
      Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-11-2023, 02:08 PM.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
        I'm no fan of any of the cable news networks. CNN started turning to the right the day Ted Turner sold it to Time Warner, and each corporate merger/consolidation they have been involved with since then has made them even worse.

I haven't had cable TV in years, though I used to watch news through various streaming sources. Some authorized, some not so much. That includes CNN International, which I haven't seen recently, but at least as far as a couple of years ago, it was still a serious news channel, as opposed to whatever the US channel has become.
        I am with you. Haven't watched anything on a network in years. The problem is so many rely upon it as gospel...both sides.

We all have to be concerned with opinion/tribalism and fact getting conflated. There are almost no real news/facts presented on legacy media...its a big concern.

Now we have another problem in trying to get the truth out there and monitoring that, having some degree of accuracy is almost impossible, at least in the immediate term

Not sure what we do to solve this. I do know we should ask our leaders and government not to supress things they know to be true or politically inconvenient or are actual election interference.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

MSDNC gave up any claims of being "liberal" in 2016 when they practically banned any mention of Bernie Sanders from their network coverage, and literally cancelled primary election coverage and went back to their prison marathons on the days when Bernie was winning primaries & caucuses. And they only got worse when they started hiring as many Republican party operatives as FAUX has (Nicole Wallace, Steve Schmidt, etc.)

I haven't watched the network in years, but last I checked, Chris Hayes was the only one of their anchors who could be remotely described as "liberal". (Rachel Maddow might have been a liberal in her Air America days, but then she drank the Hillary kool aid)
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
            Posting a few more random links and some generalized statement does not make anything "consensus" in any world in which we live.

"Hunter's laptop" eventually became a punchline for paranoia and desperation from a bunch of people who, meanwhile, continued to try and argue with a straight face that January 6 was a Democrat operation... ("Everyone knew it was legit"...LMFAO. Really?)

"Covering up a laptop story" had NOTHING to do with why Biden won the election. He won the election because people came out in droves to vote out one of the laziest, most despicable people to ever hold office in our country.

I can speak to this with personal authority: I didn't vote FOR Biden. I voted AGAINST Trump. My wife wanted to move to Canada (she never lived there, but as you know, I did) if that piece of shit Trump won a second time.

Every time I meet some conservative nut who starts raving on about Hunter Biden, I ask them very simply: "What happened on January 6?" And, without fail, they start raving on that it was a Democrat operation to make MAGAs look bad, etc. And then I ask them: why was Trump there in person, urging people to march? Did he not organize it himself with a tweet? Wasn't it almost exclusively MAGA and Proud Boy nuts who were filmed and on-site, hurting people and breaking into the building? Why do all his ex-advisors say that he was watching on T.V., actually making comments that he was hoping they would "hang Pence"?

And these mental midgets will just use those handy two words that have become a good shortcut to avoid thinking: "Fake news."

And then they'll start raving on about "Hunter's laptop" again.

What's even more fun is to ask these MAGA conspiracy theorists: "What is the significance of Hunter's laptop?" These catchphrase loving idiots will say vague things like: "They prove Biden corruption", etc. And when you ask them "How?" They'll say things like, "They prove Biden is lying." And when you say, "How?" They start stammering and have...no idea. Because they're basically repeating words used at a lot of MAGA rallies or FoxNews talk shows.

Despite endless allegations that the laptop contents contained outright proof of corruption by Joe Biden, a joint investigation by two Republican Senate committees (their results released in September 2020) could find literally NO EVIDENCE OF ANY wrongdoing by him, nor did a Republican House Oversight committee investigation by September 2023.

This is not my opinion. These are facts.

"Hunter's laptop". LOL!!

(That term has become as reputable a debate point as O.J. Simpson's comments concerning the "real killers." )
            You are forgetting the main point I was making...which was the Laptop and its validity was supressed and shouldn't have been...

The New York Times Belatedly Admits the Emails on Hunter Biden's Abandoned Laptop Are Real and Newsworthy

"A deposition transcript released by the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees reveals that the Biden campaign in 2020 helped spur an open letter signed by former intelligence officials claiming the Hunter Biden laptop story had the "earmarks" of Russian disinformation. Will anyone pay a price for that deception, and how much has it hurt the credibility of the press and the intelligence services?"

I know you love a good poll - the election interference likely changed the outcome of the election

Most following the story want the AG to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the laptop-related issues.

The Federal authorities already knew the laptop was legit, and pursued a disinformation and censorship campaign anyways...that is the point Rikk:

Are you really comfortable with this path of manipulation and Government intervention? Serious question. It's not about whether a court has yet to determine Biden's corruption or lack thereof. We have a concerted effort to essentially provide disinformation...you are ok with that? Again, let's remember, the laptop was known to be "real". The opposite narrative was told to the American people and info supressed. Defend that please.
            Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-11-2023, 02:42 PM.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Lol...Legacy media doing everything they can to try and remain relevant, NBC getting called out for actual misinformation on X, when they try to claim there is misinformation. Community Notes isn't perfect or immediate, but a really good attempt to help with accuracy.

So good:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                It's a huge problem for sure for X. I still think it's better now than before. At least now, we can determine (at some point) who is full of BS. How can you do that when you have people not only with fingers on the scale, but there is no scale? Its one prescribed and Gov't dictated narrative.

"we can determine"?

You mean your fellow white supremacist shitbags?

Fuck off, you miserable frozen hillbilly

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Ha! how about you come up with an alternative? Its a hard problem to solve.

How do we (meaning you too) avoid gov't overreach and promote truth and free speech, all the while avoiding/discouraging "hate speech", micro-agressions, etc.

Community Notes seems to be working (takes time though). We (you too) can dispell and call out hate-mongers etc. (I think you might be one, but hopefully not) and their posts can be challenged by the community. It seems like a solid approach.

What is your idea?
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Elon is a large government contractor. He could just be a face on an agency. Major social media platforms were developed with government money. It’s all about controlling narratives and collecting data. Before social media the country was less controlled and manipulated. I wouldn’t trust Elon as far as I could throw his fat ass.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Ha! how about you come up with an alternative? Its a hard problem to solve.

How do we (meaning you too) avoid gov't overreach and promote truth and free speech, all the while avoiding/discouraging "hate speech", micro-agressions, etc.

Community Notes seems to be working (takes time though). We (you too) can dispell and call out hate-mongers etc. (I think you might be one, but hopefully not) and their posts can be challenged by the community. It seems like a solid approach.

What is your idea?
                      Free speech is protecting the speech you don’t like. We used to get that concept. Also remember sticks and stones? My solution is let’s bring duels back. If people could be called out for pistols at dawn and refusal to show up results in social shame people would watch what they say. Of course we live when you can hide behind a keyboard and be a wimp in the basement. But hey, it’s all garbage anyways.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Lol...Legacy media doing everything they can to try and remain relevant, NBC getting called out for actual misinformation on X, when they try to claim there is misinformation. Community Notes isn't perfect or immediate, but a really good attempt to help with accuracy.

So good:

https://x.com/cwt_news/status/171217...0hVmJwYyUCzbEQ
                        Hunks and hotties. If they showed big titties and reported the real who,what,where,when,why and how ratings would improve. Now we have millions of shitty podcasters trying to make money. It’s no improvement.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Free speech is protecting the speech you don’t like. We used to get that concept. Also remember sticks and stones? My solution is let’s bring duels back. If people could be called out for pistols at dawn and refusal to show up results in social shame people would watch what they say. Of course we live when you can hide behind a keyboard and be a wimp in the basement. But hey, it’s all garbage anyways.
                          I agree with you, the duels might be a tad excessive, but there is genius there somewhere
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Elon is a large government contractor. He could just be a face on an agency. Major social media platforms were developed with government money. It’s all about controlling narratives and collecting data. Before social media the country was less controlled and manipulated. I wouldn’t trust Elon as far as I could throw his fat ass.
                            All of this is true. It does seem that relatively though, Elon owning this, is better than say, Gates, Oprah, or Zuck
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The purpose of social media is to gather information. When you have employees ruining the operation because of their political bias you clean house and reset it.
                              Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-11-2023, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nickd. Were you asleep the month all of the info was revealed how the various govt agencies asked Twitter to censor en masse? Wtf? They had regular meetings. This went waaaay too far.

Again, how else are we going to find out about gems like this exposing CNN for the frauds they are:
                                https://x.com/wallstreetsilv/status/...0hVmJwYyUCzbEQ
                                Do you have an actual source for that Romeo? Because "X" isn't really a great source...

Comment

Working...