Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Elon Musk Destroying Twitter On Purpose?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Lol...Legacy media doing everything they can to try and remain relevant, NBC getting called out for actual misinformation on X, when they try to claim there is misinformation. Community Notes isn't perfect or immediate, but a really good attempt to help with accuracy.

So good:

https://x.com/cwt_news/status/171217...0hVmJwYyUCzbEQ
    Hunks and hotties. If they showed big titties and reported the real who,what,where,when,why and how ratings would improve. Now we have millions of shitty podcasters trying to make money. It’s no improvement.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Free speech is protecting the speech you don’t like. We used to get that concept. Also remember sticks and stones? My solution is let’s bring duels back. If people could be called out for pistols at dawn and refusal to show up results in social shame people would watch what they say. Of course we live when you can hide behind a keyboard and be a wimp in the basement. But hey, it’s all garbage anyways.
    I agree with you, the duels might be a tad excessive, but there is genius there somewhere
    Roth Army Canada

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Elon is a large government contractor. He could just be a face on an agency. Major social media platforms were developed with government money. It’s all about controlling narratives and collecting data. Before social media the country was less controlled and manipulated. I wouldn’t trust Elon as far as I could throw his fat ass.
    All of this is true. It does seem that relatively though, Elon owning this, is better than say, Gates, Oprah, or Zuck

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The purpose of social media is to gather information. When you have employees ruining the operation because of their political bias you clean house and reset it.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-11-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nickd. Were you asleep the month all of the info was revealed how the various govt agencies asked Twitter to censor en masse? Wtf? They had regular meetings. This went waaaay too far.

Again, how else are we going to find out about gems like this exposing CNN for the frauds they are:
    https://x.com/wallstreetsilv/status/...0hVmJwYyUCzbEQ
    Do you have an actual source for that Romeo? Because "X" isn't really a great source...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interestingly, Twitter under Musk actually has a good record responding to concerns:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katheri...h=762aa5d224ea

For sure, trying to determine what should and shouldn't be on X/Twitter is a challenge. Community Notes seems to be working quite well so far, but there is so much on the platform, its hard to keep up.

There are all kinds of arguements flowing out there...its Musk's fault, it was better before...Yeah, I don;t think so.

Do we really have to go down the Biden laptop do we? EVERYONE knew it was legit...everyone. And yet it was surpressed on Twitter and elsewhere to win an election. You can pretend it didn't happen and that there were questions. They all knew, and you know they did. This is now accepted as consensus. You are forgetting it? ok

https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/opinion...c-40439d1be461

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...orship-effort/

https://nationalpost.com/news/twitte...ech-censorship
    I could give two fucks and a tits shake about Twatter or X. But I am pretty sure there are people out there that will fight you if you tell tall fucking tales about how "responsive" Musk is. FFS...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is interesting and aligns with my take.

https://www.pewresearch.org/journali...eft-and-right/

For those "consistently Liberal", only about half view MSNBC or CNN as trustworthy.

As opposed to what? I don't watch either as I do not have cable...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am with you. Haven't watched anything on a network in years. The problem is so many rely upon it as gospel...both sides.

We all have to be concerned with opinion/tribalism and fact getting conflated. There are almost no real news/facts presented on legacy media...its a big concern.

Now we have another problem in trying to get the truth out there and monitoring that, having some degree of accuracy is almost impossible, at least in the immediate term

Not sure what we do to solve this. I do know we should ask our leaders and government not to supress things they know to be true or politically inconvenient or are actual election interference.
    Try reading for once FFS!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are forgetting the main point I was making...which was the Laptop and its validity was supressed and shouldn't have been...
    Well in all fairness it was his private property. And BTW, Hunter was b=never a gov't employee...

https://reason.com/2022/03/17/the-ne...nd-newsworthy/

The New York Times Belatedly Admits the Emails on Hunter Biden's Abandoned Laptop Are Real and Newsworthy
    Okay, "newsworthy" how? To what extent? Again, he was never in any capacity a US gov't employee, unlike the Sons of Orange Cunt...

"A deposition transcript released by the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees reveals that the Biden campaign in 2020 helped spur an open letter signed by former intelligence officials claiming the Hunter Biden laptop story had the "earmarks" of Russian disinformation. Will anyone pay a price for that deception, and how much has it hurt the credibility of the press and the intelligence services?"

https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/opinion...8-7424827c7b52

I know you love a good poll - the election interference likely changed the outcome of the election

https://tippinsights.com/shock-poll-...nged-election/

The Federal authorities already knew the laptop was legit, and pursued a disinformation and censorship campaign anyways...that is the point Rikk:

https://stefanik.house.gov/2023/7/ic...p-up-joe-biden

Are you really comfortable with this path of manipulation and Government intervention? Serious question. It's not about whether a court has yet to determine Biden's corruption or lack thereof. We have a concerted effort to essentially provide disinformation...you are ok with that? Again, let's remember, the laptop was known to be "real". The opposite narrative was told to the American people and info supressed. Defend that please.
    Well fucking GEE Rom maybe they can actually charge Hunter with a crime? Oh wait, they actually haven't and never will because it's all bullshit!

Can we talk about how JARED got $2Billion form the Saudis now?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-11-2023 at 09:47 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The purpose of social media is to gather information. When you have employees ruining the operation because of their political bias you clean house and reset it.
    Actually it was about getting laid and keeping up with friends or some shit. But feel free to tell us how the "gather information" is really much of a trophy for anyone...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nickd, all I am saying is the following:

1) We can argue all day long if Biden has been is corrupted or not, bought and paid for, or not. The fact is, the laptop was real, Biden had some involvement with foreign governments and the information was surpressed by Feds/agencies for reasons we later learned were false. There isn't much of a dispute here. (except for the influence peddling part)

2) this interference impacted the election. All of the polling says this is true. Its not a debate. You can say it shouldn't be an election issue, but that's not up to you, or gov't agencies.

3) Are we comfortable with this?

4) the issue of Hunter not being a Fed employee is a moot one. Its a tribal position hoping to obscure the crux of the conversation

If you want to argue the end justifies the means and that the whole issue shouldn't be part of the political sphere, then maybe I understand where you are coming from. You are misguided though, for a number of reasons if that is the position. One, one day this level of influence and meddling/lies/corruption/obfuscation fo the truth will happen in an area you dont like, particularly when the political landscape changes...and it will. Then what?

Where we differ is that I don't defend things blindly. The Trump family seems to have benefitted too. I have never claimed they haven't. I think the difference may be (hard to say) is that in the Biden case, they have compromised US interests. Again, hard to tell, but appears that way. So much garbage on both sides hard to see through it. It's entirely possible we learn Jared's thing wasn't great for the US either.

Once teh political landscape changes in a year, we will see what Hunter and others are charged with. Tbh, I am not a fan of that either...cause its never ending and the partisanship isn't healthy.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Do you have an actual source for that Romeo? Because "X" isn't really a great source...
    Well, on the other side we have People magazine and CNN (source) promoting this video...so it must be accurate.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nickd, all I am saying is the following:

1) We can argue all day long if Biden has been is corrupted or not, bought and paid for, or not. The fact is, the laptop was real, Biden had some involvement with foreign governments and the information was surpressed by Feds/agencies for reasons we later learned were false. There isn't much of a dispute here. (except for the influence peddling part)

2) this interference impacted the election. All of the polling says this is true. Its not a debate. You can say it shouldn't be an election issue, but that's not up to you, or gov't agencies.

3) Are we comfortable with this?

4) the issue of Hunter not being a Fed employee is a moot one. Its a tribal position hoping to obscure the crux of the conversation

If you want to argue the end justifies the means and that the whole issue shouldn't be part of the political sphere, then maybe I understand where you are coming from. You are misguided though, for a number of reasons if that is the position. One, one day this level of influence and meddling/lies/corruption/obfuscation fo the truth will happen in an area you dont like, particularly when the political landscape changes...and it will. Then what?

Where we differ is that I don't defend things blindly. The Trump family seems to have benefitted too. I have never claimed they haven't. I think the difference may be (hard to say) is that in the Biden case, they have compromised US interests. Again, hard to tell, but appears that way. So much garbage on both sides hard to see through it. It's entirely possible we learn Jared's thing wasn't great for the US either.
    You don't "defend things blindly"? Really LOL show on negative thing you've said about Trump or his cunt children! Fucking please!

The difference unlike Jared and Ivanka, Hunter was never working for the US gov't in any capacity. Did he "compromise: US interests"? IDK, all I know is that he has never been charged with anything regarding that despite the hyperfocus of the GOP majority in Congress....

Once the political landscape changes in a year, we will see what Hunter and others are charged with. Tbh, I am not a fan of that either...cause its never ending and the partisanship isn't healthy.
    Hunter will be charged with nothing but what he has already, drug and weapons charges. I am not really partisan and have no problem with any Democrat going to jail if corrupt. I do have a problem with show trials and partisan bullshit that yield nothing...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, on the other side we have People magazine and CNN (source) promoting this video...so it must be accurate.
    Are they promoting the video? What's your point again? Some guys wee walking by and they faked it?

What is your point? The war in Israel/Palestine is faked by CNN?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status