X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silexxx
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Has anyone got a reliable way to download YouTube videos?
    I just typed 'Youtube Downloader' in Google, picked the first link and pasted the youtube video link in the url box at the site.

I also have one of those Mozilla Firefox add-ons for downloading Youtube videos.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Some of those online downloaders seemed dodgy. I've installed Firefox and the YouTube add-on and that's worked ok thanks.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

This footage once again truly showcases Van Halen as they were....MIGHTY!

Sad that just four more shows afterwards it was going to be the end. Of course that was neither the plan nor was known to anyone at the time. Just like every other tour, Dave would go out to the jungles and the rest of the band would revert back to whatever they would do.

Then reconvene.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
          I just typed 'Youtube Downloader' in Google, picked the first link and pasted the youtube video link in the url box at the site.

I also have one of those Mozilla Firefox add-ons for downloading Youtube videos.
          Struggling with Video Download Helper this morning but the first thing that came up on Google worked great.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
            This footage once again truly showcases Van Halen as they were....MIGHTY!

Sad that just four more shows afterwards it was going to be the end. Of course that was neither the plan nor was known to anyone at the time. Just like every other tour, Dave would go out to the jungles and the rest of the band would revert back to whatever they would do.

Then reconvene.
            Dave and Alex seem to still be on decent terms there, but not much interaction between Dave and Ed.

One can speculate that Yoko Bertinelli being there is possibly not helping things...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Struggling with Video Download Helper this morning but the first thing that came up on Google worked great.
              What was that first thing? It's probable that your google algorithm is pretty different from mine at this point...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Not that we needed any reassurance but this also shows the brilliance and energy of Dave. Its non stop. Even without even doing a high split jump during the show (I take it his knee was bothering him) And on top of it all singing his ass off. Try doing that while running a marathon which is what Dave was doing.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I've used a program called Wondershare UniConverter for years. It's not free...I paid for a license...but it works flawlessly and I can download anything from YouTube in any resolution I like and quickly. I downloaded this Donington file in 30 seconds.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The Mozilla thing worked fine but I think it may have lost a bit of resolution.

I want to get the best possible version so we can have it here for download if/when it gets pulled from YouTube permanently.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-22-2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What was that first thing? It's probable that your google algorithm is pretty different from mine at this point...
                      Y2Mate is the fastest web app to download Youtube videos for free. Easily Convert youtube videos to mp3 and mp4 and save them to your PC, Mobile, and tablets.

Didn't throw up any warnings in either Chrome or Firefox
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Looking at this more I think Firefox downloaded at 360p and the original was 480p so I'll try the y2mate thing again. First time I tried it didn't seem to work but it may have been because of my popup blockers and AV.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Rumors that this video was part of Neil Monks private collection which would make sense...

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Rumors that this video was part of Neil Monks private collection which would make sense...
                            If true, I'm hoping that the pro-shot 1984 Largo show is coming too. THAT is the ultimate holy grail (and was listed in an official listing of Monk's archive possessions)...though this comes close.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                              If true, I'm hoping that the pro-shot 1984 Largo show is coming too. THAT is the ultimate holy grail (and was listed in an official listing of Monk's archive possessions)...though this comes close.
                              I have a feeling that will be the next thing to drop.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Wasnt there a story that said Ed and Al visited Noel?

Probably sometime in 2017-18. Around then.

To take a look at old videos for any potential release.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...