X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'd kill for the Soundboard/Mixing Desk audio...

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      Everyone always says that Led Zeppelin were the best live rock band ever.
      Nobody says that.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        I'd kill for the Soundboard/Mixing Desk audio...
        I doubt we'll ever hear it...
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

There's a slate on this footage. It was planned to be sync'd with something...probably a multi-track audio. Could be a Nagra.

This was clearly sync'd to the long-circulating audience-boot audio that's been circulating for years. If you listen closely, you can even hear the little "gap" sound between each song, indicating that this was originally taken from a CD source (changing track numbers).

Considering practically every second of this film has been properly sync'd to the audience boot, someone clearly put A LOT OF WORK into this before leaking it.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Well...AC/DC's screen-vid HAS leaked. That means VH's must be out there somewhere. Maybe it'll leak at some point.

Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Silexxx
              https://mega.nz/file/2QYAXLCS#ouqyBO...UEd-yydpFQDB3w

Here's another one. 2.4 gb and higher quality than YT.
              Coincidence?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I doubt we'll ever hear it...
                Sadly you may be right. But there have been SB recordings from that venue that have surfaced. Def Leopard and Aerosmith have both had live material bootlegged or officially released from those shows, but they were both after 1984.

And incidents like that sound tech who kept cassettes of the VH live in London shows in 1978 that surfaced after his death, when his father found them in his attic going through his stuff give me some hope...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-23-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Another recent link claiming better sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J23OliBag5w

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Another recent link claiming better sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J23OliBag5w
                    The sound IS a bit better...but now it's slightly out of sync. Damn.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The second YouTube has now been deleted and says "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by ELiteWorksaAteBay." Who the fuck is ELiteWorksaAteBay? Googling that brings up an eBay store.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the current internet theory based on some evidence is that this is a collector/dealer who bought the tape from Noel Monk's estate. He had been selling it to private collectors and one of them decided it should be made public either because he is just a fan and thought that after 39 fucking years we deserved to see it or because the sale had been made under the terms of it being exclusive and then then found out he had been conned because it was being sold to multiple people.

I've seen some sheepish fans on social media say that the guy who put this into the public domain should be outed so he can be punished by Van Halen lawyers and I couldn't disagree more.

39 years they have done nothing with this or anything else - footage of a public event in front of 65 000 people. Plus presumably Noel Monk's estate got a little bit of cash for it and maybe he could have been treated a bit better by VH Inc back in the day. Who knows but he did help generate an huge amount of money for WB especially and tens of millions for the band members.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-23-2023, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          The second YouTube has now been deleted and says "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by ELiteWorksaAteBay." Who the fuck is ELiteWorksaAteBay? Googling that brings up an eBay store.
                          This concert was apparently being sold on DVD on eBay a short time ago from a seller. Kind of ridiculous that he's claiming some kind of exclusivity for footage he cannot remotely claim to legally own.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

This concert was apparently being sold on DVD on eBay a short time ago from a seller. Kind of ridiculous that he's claiming some kind of exclusivity for footage he cannot remotely claim to legally own.
                            If he bought it from the Noel Monk estate, he may actually "own" it.

Fuck these hoarders though. RELEASE it all!

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              If he bought it from the Noel Monk estate, he may actually "own" it.

Fuck these hoarders though. RELEASE it all!
                              Seriously. I mean, I'm excited as shit by this footage...

...but the LARGO '84 show is, to me, another true HOLY GRAIL.

Monk owned that. Release it!
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Seriously. I mean, I'm excited as shit by this footage...

...but the LARGO '84 show is, to me, another true HOLY GRAIL.

Monk owned that. Release it!
                                Or the US Festival. Or the South America shows. RELEASE them all!

Comment

Working...