Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Filthy Little Mouth - 829421105596 - Friday Music - Release Date 8/13/2021 - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filthy Little Mouth - 829421105596 - Friday Music - Release Date 8/13/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filthy Little Mouth - 829421105596 - Friday Music - Release Date 8/13/2021

Can anyon tell me if this release is based on the original master or 2007 remaster, it was a record store day release from 2021. The Friday Music label leads me to believe it's based on the 2007 remaster (since it was them). However, it says its based on the OMR.

Thank you in advance.

Scott

It's SUPPOSED to based on the 2007 remaster, though I haven't actually listened to it to verify. But from what I just researched, it's based on the 2007 remaster.

To be honest, I always thought the 1994 release is, sound-wise, mighty fine.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikk View Post
      It's SUPPOSED to based on the 2007 remaster, though I haven't actually listened to it to verify. But from what I just researched, it's based on the 2007 remaster.

To be honest, I always thought the 1994 release is, sound-wise, mighty fine.
      All of Dave's albums deserve to be remastered and re-released in a box set to be honest. Along with DLR band in there as well.

You can have rare demos and even some live tracks from the EEAS and Skyscraper tours.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
        All of Dave's albums deserve to be remastered and re-released in a box set to be honest. Along with DLR band in there as well.

You can have rare demos and even some live tracks from the EEAS and Skyscraper tours.
        Ultimate Classic Rock just did a list on Roth's solo LPs, worst to best. I thought some of what they said was good...though I didn't agree with them putting SKYSCRAPER above DLR BAND.

DLR BAND was one of my albums of 1998. While VH were stinking it up with Cherone, DLR BAND was a kickass album. Maybe a few songs too long, but between LITTLE TEXAS, BLACK SAND and other killer cuts, I used to love driving around with my friends, blasting this CD.

My order (including CRAZY FROM THE HEAT):

6) Diamond Dave
        5) Your Filthy Little Mouth
        4) Crazy from the Heat
        3) Skyscraper
        2) DLR Band
        1) Eat 'em and Smile
        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Eat ‘Em and Smile is a classic. If you want the mother of everything spandex that’s the pinnacle.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Shit, I forgot A LI'L AIN'T ENOUGH. I put that at #3. Higher than CRAZY FROM THE HEAT. It has one of my favorite Roth solo tunes, SENSIBLE SHOES.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

Ultimate Classic Rock just did a list on Roth's solo LPs, worst to best. I thought some of what they said was good...though I didn't agree with them putting SKYSCRAPER above DLR BAND.

DLR BAND was one of my albums of 1998. While VH were stinking it up with Cherone, DLR BAND was a kickass album. Maybe a few songs too long, but between LITTLE TEXAS, BLACK SAND and other killer cuts, I used to love driving around with my friends, blasting this CD.

6) Diamond Dave
              4) Crazy from the Heat
              3) Skyscraper
              2) DLR Band
              1) Eat 'em and Smile
              Come on man. You didn't have any friends.

7) Diamond Dave
              6) CFTH
              5) YFLM
              4) Skyscraper
              3) EEAS
              2) DLR Band
              1) ALAE

Comment

6) Diamond Dave
                4) Crazy from the Heat
                3) Skyscraper
                2) DLR Band
                1) Eat 'em and Smile

I'd go

7) Diamond Dave - gotta say, this is utterly disposable...the cd has been collecting dust for nearly 20 years, and I don't see myself listening to any of it ever again
                6) Crazy From The Heat - the two biggest tracks don't really work for me without the videos, and the other two were never my cup of tea
                5) Skyscraper - couple of really great tracks but overall my estimation of this album went down with the passage of time
                4) YFLM - some eclectic material along with some great stuff
                3) ALAE - underrated by many far as I'm concerned
                2) DLR Band - if ALAE is underrated by many, the DLR Band is criminally underrated
                1) EEAS - it wasn't a hard choice ranking this #1
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  I'd go

7) Diamond Dave - gotta say, this is utterly disposable...the cd has been collecting dust for nearly 20 years, and I don't see myself listening to any of it ever again
                  Dave's version of "Soul Kitchen" is killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                    Come on man. You didn't have any friends.

Hey man, my imaginary friends were a bunch of great mirages! They always agreed with everything I said!!
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                      Dave's version of "Soul Kitchen" is killer.
                      Yes, I agree. It's still not as good as The Doors' version, but it's good.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                        Skyscraper - couple of really great tracks but overall my estimation of this album went down with the passage of time
                        Yeah, it's too slick.

That said, DAMN GOOD is one of my favorite Roth tracks ever, from any lineup.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

Yeah, it's too slick.

That said, DAMN GOOD is one of my favorite Roth tracks ever, from any lineup.
                          The production of Skyscraper was the big miss for me. Did this ever get remastered? Or did EEAS? I just saw the other day that YFLM got remastered in 2007 (I'm out of the loop). Why did they remaster that turd and not the others?

Comment

7) Diamond Dave—What the fuck was this? Fresh off the Sam/Dave tour and we get this turd. What is Savoy Brown and why am I hearing so much of it?

6) Skyscraper—Ted Templeman, where were you? The production was horrible, DLR really messed this one up. Can’t hear the bass and the guitars are so glossy they sound like synths. Dave should have kept he pedal to the metal on this (ala ALAE).

5) Crazy From The Heat—4 awesome songs; Easy Street is the best one. Too bad it did so well because it ended Van Halen. If this EP would have failed and DLR stayed in VH, imagine the progress we would have made as a society.

4) Your Filthy Little Mouth—A lot of good tunes, but a lot of WTF moments. Some of his best lyrics by far. And 2-3 of the songs left off the album could have easily replaced 4-5 that remained on it. If that happened, this is Top 3 easily and DLR survives the 90s. And his change in look didn’t help—this was all-around not the DLR anyone wanted or asked for.

3) A Little Ain’t Enough—Still holds up but I don’t know why Bob Rock let Dave do weak-assed screams throughout, when he could still do legit ones (he did them live during the tour, even). Sensible Shoes is brilliant but shouldn’t have been the 2nd single and playing Tell the Truth on Letterman was a death sentence.

2) Eat Em And Smile—Encompasses everything great about DLR. The weight of the world on him to deliver and he did big time. Basically tied for 1st.

1) DLR Band—Everything we were starving for! Includes 2 of his best songs ever: Black Sand and Goin’ Places. Intro’d Johnny 5 to the world; some great Kilgore songs and why didn’t we hear this type of playing on YFLM?

Comment

Working...
                            X