X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Crazy cheap Chinese Frankenstrat replicas

Does anyone know if these are ok or how they can be so cheap - $300?

I know someone who has just ordered one.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-28-2023, 04:43 PM.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Failed musician in a Schleppy shirt.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There is a cautionary post in the comments from 5 hours ago.

As I feared. I ordered one the day of your video. As prob a lot of people did. The rush meant a huge drop in quality to the people behind you as they tried to get them out the door. The one I received had almost a jet-black neck. No strap. No shield in cavities and the amount of nitro gass-off choked me out. The biggest problem is there was no setup because the neck doesn't fit the body. They tried to fill order with odds and ends. The neck clearly didn't fit, so they shaved it, with the sides around the joint not having finished as they rough sanded it until it "fit". The action is great, for slide guitar. Sits around .130. I am sure Fender loves this but I was afraid that your review causes runs, that the Chinese manufacturers can't handle.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In this eye-opening follow-up video, we dive deep into the guitar industry's underbelly! Fender Guitars called us on a Sunday afternoon to take down our Chibson EVH unboxing video – but we stood our ground. Join us as we uncover the shady side of the industry, where budget-friendly Chibson guitars challenge the status quo of $2K price tags. ��

We'll discuss how Fender replicated Eddie Van Halen's legendary custom guitar, originally built from a Boogie Bodies body and neck with a Gibson ES-335 pickup. Are they claiming rights to someone else's creation?

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Fender probably has a license to use the paint scheme.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              There is a cautionary post in the comments from 5 hours ago.
              I dunno why there is an uproar - sounds like they got exactly what they ordered - a Frankenstrat (of sorts).
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Working...