• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

More VH Without Vocals!

From Digital Split on YouTube. Iso vocal and instrument tracks for most of these, too

Last edited by twonabomber; 10-01-2023, 01:04 AM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I listened to STAY FROSTY again just a few days ago. It is still primo Van Halen. Fucking great song.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
          I listened to STAY FROSTY again just a few days ago. It is still primo Van Halen. Fucking great song.
          I think As Is, particularly the 2nd half of the song, is as good as any classic VH
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
            I think As Is, particularly the 2nd half of the song, is as good as any classic VH
            Agreed. Frankly, almost the whole album has so many echoes of classic Van Halen. AS IS was the first song on the album I wasn't big on. But as the years have gone on, I've come to really love it.
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
              Agreed. Frankly, almost the whole album has so many echoes of classic Van Halen. AS IS was the first song on the album I wasn't big on. But as the years have gone on, I've come to really love it.
              I was the same with Beats Workin'
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                I was the same with Beats Workin'
                I have to say, BEATS WORKIN' might be my favorite on the album. PUT OUT THE LIGHTS is maybe my favorite of the old demos.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Beats Workin, Stay Frosty and That's the Trouble with Never are my top 3 favorites lately...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

The Trouble With Never I've never been able to warm up to...sounds like a second-rate Roth solo track circa The DLR Band period.

For whatever reason, Big River - the reworked Big Trouble zero demo tune - is the highlight of ADKOT for me. I fucking love the reworked version...that sucker cooks. There's other good, good stuff on ADKOT, to be sure...but, yep, Big River.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Those clips are tremendous.

Here's another one from the same source, the solo from "You're no good".

Instrumental, acapella, a capella, vocals, diy, ultimate vocal remover, diy instrumental, diy acapella, diy a capella, diy vocals

How can you isolate instruments or vocals, other than accessing the original multitrack takes?
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        The Trouble With Never I've never been able to warm up to...sounds like a second-rate Roth solo track circa The DLR Band period.

For whatever reason, Big River - the reworked Big Trouble zero demo tune - is the highlight of ADKOT for me. I fucking love the reworked version...that sucker cooks. There's other good, good stuff on ADKOT, to be sure...but, yep, Big River.
                        Of course it has long been rumored that Big Trouble was recorded for 1984 and then pulled from the album at the last minute. Should have left it in and dropped "I'll Wait". One synth pop song was enough for that record (or two, if you count the intro as a seperate piece of music)
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                          How can you isolate instruments or vocals, other than accessing the original multitrack takes?
                          Software and patience

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It used to be you had to wait for the song to be in the Guitar Hero game.

Last time I looked there was decent software at https://www.lalal.ai/ but when I looked tonight to remind me of the name there seems to be a bunch of them have sprung up recently.

As Twona implied they usually aren't perfect so you would probably want to tweak them afterwards in a second app with EQ etc.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I wish someone with access to that Beatles- ‘Now And Then’ AI would start stripping away the vocals from about 20 or so Hagar era songs. I presume only the classic era is out there with the vocals removed because it was Ed’s best work.

Comment

Working...