X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick500
    Groupie
    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Rikk
    Jesus...this is one of the '77 demos (unreleased song) re-recorded during the DIVER DOWN sessions!! (I think)

HOLY GRAIL SHIT!!
    This is great stuff!
    I can understand why maybe they didn't put it out as a standalone like Ed said in one interview.
    It's not a studio record, but it wasn't supposed to be. It's the band as they were. And they were great!
    The quality could be improved even further today. You can probably get better separation.
    Ed's guitar is a lot darker than on the finished recordings.

How about remaster ADKOT rerelease on cd and vinyl and throw this in as a bonus cd? You add a booklet with Dave and Al talking about it. The mix is done so why not? I would buy it.
    Last edited by nick500; 10-30-2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      He's not a fucking douche!

Would a fucking douche give People magazine exclusive wedding photos? Huh?!?
      Ha! The same guy who’s crying that the entertainment press were infiltrating the hospital while his dad was dying gives the rags his wedding photos.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by PRIMO
        Thanks Ford! I used to be an audio engineer and kinda got spoiled to fidelity. I mean I'm not an audiophile snob, but
        I do collect 24/196, 24/96 flac, Aiff, Wav, etc... Thanks for the reply man. Let me know if you hear of anything. Rock on!
        Audiophiles are certifiable. After awhile they start to see little fairies flying out of the speakers.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by nick500

How about remaster ADKOT rerelease on cd and vinyl and throw this in as a bonus cd? You add a booklet with Dave and Al talking about it. The mix is done so why not? I would buy it.
          That's not likely because Warner Brothers has the demos, but they don't have rights to ADKOT, as it was released on Interscope records. The fact that ADKOT has recently been pulled from all the streaming services might be an indication that ownership could be changing, but at least as of now, not legally possible. Unless UMG (Interscope's parent company) buys WB records... like they have almost every other record label on the planet, except for Sony.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Ha! The same guy who’s crying that the entertainment press were infiltrating the hospital while his dad was dying gives the rags his wedding photos.
            Exactly.

Such 'exclusive access' is always good for 50k an article/photo (or whatever the current market value of Wolfgang Van Halen is).

It's why Valerie was doing countless numbers of those "I was fat but now I'm thin again!!" interviews with the rags over the decades.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GeoffMutton
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Nov 2023

This is an absolutely spectacular haul!
              Thank you so much to everyone in the chain that led to it being here!

Ione question: in the Mega download link, the MP3s are clearly from 4 discs, but only the Ted Templeman Demos are given an album name - the other 3 discs are all labelled Outtakes - which means they show up in iTunes kinda wrong - all the 01's, then all the 02's etc etc.

I don't suppose anyone has listings of the 4 discs do they? I do like a nice organised iTunes library!

If not, I'll piece it together myself and post it here - but I figured I'd ask first in case someone has already done it....

Thanks again - feels like Christmas morning!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                That's not likely because Warner Brothers has the demos, but they don't have rights to ADKOT, as it was released on Interscope records. The fact that ADKOT has recently been pulled from all the streaming services might be an indication that ownership could be changing, but at least as of now, not legally possible. Unless UMG (Interscope's parent company) buys WB records... like they have almost every other record label on the planet, except for Sony.
                The 10 year distribution contract with Introscope expired last year. In order for ADKOT to be on the open market a new distribution contract is required. It opens up negotiations for terms, which can be difficult if any of the parties want more than they feel they deserve... Welcome to real business.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  The 10 year distribution contract with Introscope expired last year. In order for ADKOT to be on the open market a new distribution contract is required. It opens up negotiations for terms, which can be difficult if any of the parties want more than they feel they deserve... Welcome to real business.
                  This is something Fatty clearly doesn't understand therefore its big bad Dave who pulled ADKOT off streaming platforms. Lol

It stands as the final VH album. I have no doubt Alex and Dave would still want it available. And perhaps there will be some re-release at some point.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    …and maybe nobody gives a fuck. There’s no money in recorded music anymore and lawyers cost money. It’s not worth the trouble.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      Exactly.

Such 'exclusive access' is always good for 50k an article/photo (or whatever the current market value of Wolfgang Van Halen is).

It's why Valerie was doing countless numbers of those "I was fat but now I'm thin again!!" interviews with the rags over the decades.
                      Val admitted she was worried about running out of money. Her and Ed kept their money separate but both agreed to put a sizable amount into a trust for Wolfgang. With her income not being what it was and donating a large chunk to Wolf’s trust fund Val is always looking for a revenue stream. She’s promoting another cook book. To be honest, I think she’s a good cook and being a good food personality can be lucrative. She needs to stop acting stupid and acting crazy on social media though. Social media is a horrible psychiatrist couch. Especially if you are well known. People share too much.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-02-2023, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Well it’s typical for parents who are not getting along and who have problems to spoil the kid. It’s about compensating for guilt and failure. I’m reading Tonechaser. Ed was done with Val but held on because they had a son together but that marriage was unhappy for a long time. Ed blamed Val for Wolfgang being fat and called her a control freak.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Anyways another day in La Fucka de Van Halen cassa.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Sammy is so upset he couldn’t milk money off Ed’s death. He hates Al for messing that up so bad he can’t hide his frustration.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Stay in the bunker Al. I’m enjoying seeing Sam vent that you won’t talk to him. Ha! Ha! Oh well. Sam and Sauce travel around reminding all their fat and aging fans they were once in Van Halen.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

We will see who has the bigger mental break down first. Valerie, Wolfie or Sammy. Ha! Ha! Mike will just continue to eat pork rinds and be happy.

Comment

Working...