X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

VAN HALEN Demos Leaked in Perfect Quality

Cleaned up version of some previously unreleased material... not sure it's all from DD.

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

That's the kind of stuff that should have been included on the multiple, 'remastered' (as if anybody listening on a laptop speaker or a cell phone via earbuds can tell the difference) editions of the 6-pack albums.

Or, if there weren't a ton of studio outtakes available, even some low-grade live recordings from the subsequent tour of whatever album.

I mean, shit, I got a boot in a trade years ago of Van Halen playing at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 1977 a few months before Van Halen 1 was released. Lord knows what generation that boot was by the time it got into my hands, but far as boots go it sounded crisp and clear as fuck...why couldn't THAT have been thrown in as an extra on any of the...what...5 or 6 reissues (or who the fuck knows how many by now) of the CVH catalog.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

HOLY FUCK!!!

I've never heard this stuff before. This is REAL unreleased VH material...in great quality. Sounds like it could be stuff from the professionally-mixed outtakes box set that was reported on.

More please! (whoever leaked this)
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Jesus...this is one of the '77 demos (unreleased song) re-recorded during the DIVER DOWN sessions!! (I think)

HOLY GRAIL SHIT!!
        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

OK...maybe the last one WAS from the '77 demo.

This is the box set stuff leaked. THIS IS BIGGER THAN THE DONINGTON SHIT!!!

This is '77 Demo stuff, remixed in perfect quality!!
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

At 4:06, you hear the long-bootlegged track ACT LIKE IT HURTS (from the WACF sessions) in perfect quality. Remixed. This is not cleaned up. This is remixed...perfect quality.

Again, this is the box set stuff, leaked.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

VAN HALEN Demos Leaked in Perfect Quality

Zahzoo found this. NOT me. He posted some DIVER DOWN instrumentals that just leaked. So HE deserves the credit for finding this on YouTube.

This is 11 songs, newly mixed and in perfect quality, from the original '77 demos. I am almost sure this is the stuff from the 2004 box set that was compiled. The mix is exactly as the Sunset Sound studio engineer described it.

I am downloading all of these, just in case they get taken down soon.

Thanks again, ZZ. I only reposted this as a new link to make sure everyone sees just what they need to download as soon as possible!

(1) I Wanna Be Your Lover
              (2) Babe Don't Leave Me Alone
              (3) Get The Show On The Road
              (4) Bring On The Girlz
              (5) She's The Woman
              (6) We Die Bold
              (7) Yong And Wild
              (8) D.O.A.
              (9) Somebody Get Me A Doctor
              (10) Atomic Punk
              (11) Let's Get Rockin
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Jamie's Cryin' remix and guitar overdub session.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

OK...now I know this is from the box set.

This one includes a completely different version of LITTLE DREAMER with vocals from the VH I sessions. The Sunset Sound engineer mentioned this specific recording in the video podcast on the Sunset Sound channel.

According to the guy who leaked all this stuff, it's been circulating privately since early 2020.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Wow this is awesome!

Someone must have leaked these from the vaults. They sound like official quality.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

This one has an alternate ON FIRE, an alternate YOU REALLY GOT ME...

...and the fucking HOT FOR TEACHER outtake (weirdly mixed because you can hear the original lost vocal).
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vinnie velvet
                        wow this is awesome!

Someone must have leaked these from the vaults. They sound like official quality.
                        This is fucking holy grail shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Big trouble / put out the lights

Two of the BEST (originally) unreleased songs from the '77 Demos, in perfect quality!!
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by rikk

this one has an alternate on fire, an alternate you really got me...

...and the fucking hot for teacher outtake (weirdly mixed because you can hear the original lost vocal).
                            holy crap
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Saving them asap cause they will no doubt be taken down.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...