Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VAN HALEN Demos Leaked in Perfect Quality

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I’m tired of hearing Wolfgang cry about how miserable he is. Shit if you live in Gaza or East Ukraine you have a good excuse to be miserable. I’m tired of hearing some obese snowflake cry when he’s opening for huge acts and he’s about to marry a cute chick. Oh it’s so tough Wolf. Tell your mom to stop crying too. She’s a mental case.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    There’s no respect for the fans. Shit fat Sam and gimp Mike show the fans more support. Dave wants the stuff out there. I get losing your brother and dad is emotionally taxing but I lost my brother and dad who I loved as much as they loved Ed. Grow up. Ed was a heavy drinker and smoker. He did himself in and that’s the truth. Just because Ed was cremated and tossed into the sea doesn’t mean the band’s legacy has to. You guys live the posh life because you had fans. Wolfie has never had to live in a shit hole and work a real job and Alex, what made your lifestyle possible? Be more like Sam. Take our money. We want our VH fix. Stop teasing and pissing.
    This is a PERFECT post.

Exactly.

Wolfgang, unlike the rest of us, never had to have a summer job. He never had to work for anything in his life (except learning a bunch of songs when his parents allowed him to stop going to school regularly and get a tutor so he could be on the road with his dad, uncle & Dave).

The fat son of a bitch has gotten everything handed to him. Look at him: the dude looks like he never even gets up to get his plate of food. He has sat around, been spoiled, lived in a big house...

I have a home studio in my basement. It's nice. It has colored lights and equipment...

...but I went through life's works & tribulations in order to get my house and build my studio.

This spoiled shit was born with a large building with a full studio outside his house. Everything he has in his life was given to him.

He tours, playing stadiums opening for Metallica, because of his last name.

There is NOTHING interesting about his music. The only reason it's gotten released...the only reason bands put him on the bill...the only reason he plays tribute concerts with huge (over-rated) bands like Foo Fighters...

...is because of his last name.

And every penny that has paid for his house and all the food he's eaten and all the stuff he has...

...was paid for by the hard-earned dollars of Van Halen fans.

And when he talks about said fans, he does so with disdain...disgust...

"Don't hold your breath..."

Fuck him! Seriously...I felt bad for him for the first month after his dad died. Then I noticed him starting to attack fans on his Twitter account and whining that all people want to talk about was Van Halen...not MAMMOTH.

If the guy didn't want to have his career associated with Van Halen, then why the hell did he pick a band name that literally was his dad's bands original name?? Seriously??

(Unless Mammoth is supposed to be a description of Wolfie himself. A whole village could live off of Wolfie meat for a decade!)
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Listening to these demos and outtakes, you can hear the ferocity. Dave was a diamond in the rough. But I could not imagine being Ted Templeman in 1977 and thinking “hey let’s replace DLR with Sammy Hagar” - at least that’s what I understand he was thinking.

The outtakes and alternative versions have more lead guitar noodling over DLR’s singing. It’s sounds fun but I can see where Ted finally decided “Ed, we need to let the songs breathe so we can hear DLR’s vocals. We will fade out some of your leads.”

I Wanna Be Your Lover is a diamond in the rough. I can see why it was not released but the energy is there.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Listening to these demos and outtakes, you can hear the ferocity. Dave was a diamond in the rough. But I could not imagine being Ted Templeman in 1977 and thinking “hey let’s replace DLR with Sammy Hagar” - at least that’s what I understand he was thinking.

The outtakes and alternative versions have more lead guitar noodling over DLR’s singing. It’s sounds fun but I can see where Ted finally decided “Ed, we need to let the songs breathe so we can hear DLR’s vocals. We will fade out some of your leads.”

I Wanna Be Your Lover is a diamond in the rough. I can see why it was not released but the energy is there.
    I sincerely wish more producers, audio engineers and especially the folks that mix and master music today would all get tattooed on the back of both hands... Let the songs breathe!!

Just listening to these recordings... whoever mixed them did a fantastic job! You can hear clear stereo separation. Distinct instrumentation on left and right channels with just the right amount of key pieces centered in the mix. Even today's state of the art digital mixing boards all come with a little knob, physical or virtual, labeled "Pan"... that can be quite powerful! I even use it actively in live performance mixes today.

Keith Richards once said when he creates music... his canvas starts with silence. Think about it. Like painting if you splash all the colors, all over the canvas... you get mud.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I sincerely wish more producers, audio engineers and especially the folks that mix and master music today would all get tattooed on the back of both hands... Let the songs breathe!!

Just listening to these recordings... whoever mixed them did a fantastic job! You can hear clear stereo separation. Distinct instrumentation on left and right channels with just the right amount of key pieces centered in the mix. Even today's state of the art digital mixing boards all come with a little knob, physical or virtual, labeled "Pan"... that can be quite powerful! I even use it actively in live performance mixes today.

Keith Richards once said when he creates music... his canvas starts with silence. Think about it. Like painting if you splash all the colors, all over the canvas... you get mud.
    You can clearly hear every instrument. Michael must have had a friend when these were remixed because the bass is solid.

By the way, I’m tapping you to produce my debut album!

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wolfgang is a douche apparently..but calling that guy a grape was funny as hell...RELEASE THE TRUE BOX SET...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Less is more. It starts withe the musicians and the room. Then it’s choosing the right microphones and placing them right. You shouldn’t do anything on the board until that’s all set up right. The mix is the seasoning, not the meal.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was talking to Orianthi and she was a TC Electronics endorser and she used to use a lot of effects and she said it ruined her sound. She uses very little effects now. We both agreed the less you have in the signal chain the more of your playing will come through.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    This is a PERFECT post.

Exactly.

Wolfgang, unlike the rest of us, never had to have a summer job. He never had to work for anything in his life (except learning a bunch of songs when his parents allowed him to stop going to school regularly and get a tutor so he could be on the road with his dad, uncle & Dave).

The fat son of a bitch has gotten everything handed to him. Look at him: the dude looks like he never even gets up to get his plate of food. He has sat around, been spoiled, lived in a big house...

I have a home studio in my basement. It's nice. It has colored lights and equipment...

...but I went through life's works & tribulations in order to get my house and build my studio.

This spoiled shit was born with a large building with a full studio outside his house. Everything he has in his life was given to him.

There is NOTHING interesting about his music. The only reason it's gotten released...the only reason bands put him on the bill...the only reason he plays tribute concerts with huge (over-rated) bands like Foo Fighters...

And every penny that has paid for his house and all the food he's eaten and all the stuff he has...

Fuck him! Seriously...I felt bad for him for the first month after his dad died. Then I noticed him starting to attack fans on his Twitter account and whining that all people want to talk about was Van Halen...not MAMMOTH.

If the guy didn't want to have his career associated with Van Halen, then why the hell did he pick a band name that literally was his dad's bands original name?? Seriously??

(Unless Mammoth is supposed to be a description of Wolfie himself. A whole village could live off of Wolfie meat for a decade!)
    I own part of a very nice gym and we have a great trainer who I like to talk to. She was showing me the latest data on obesity and diabetes. America is in crisis mode. I like the gym because it’s a product and service that can give people a better quality of life and we have people who will teach you how to do things right. The only thing we can’t give you is will power.

Anyways, Wolf drives me nuts. He’s the poster boy of everything I’m trying to help get rid of which is fat and a cry baby attitude. We need men not fat wimps.

Now I will give him credit for being able to play multiple instruments well, sing and produce songs that aren’t great but they don’t suck. Wolf is more talented than Sammy Hagar but it doesn’t take much to best Sam.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I own part of a very nice gym and we have a great trainer who I like to talk to. She was showing me the latest data on obesity and diabetes. America is in crisis mode. I like the gym because it’s a product and service that can give people a better quality of life and we have people who will teach you how to do things right. The only thing we can’t give you is will power.

Anyways, Wolf drives me nuts. He’s the poster boy of everything I’m trying to help get rid of which is fat and a cry baby attitude. We need men not fat wimps.

Now I will give him credit for being able to play multiple instruments well, sing and produce songs that aren’t great but they don’t suck. Wolf is more talented than Sammy Hagar but it doesn’t take much to best Sam.
    About eight-nine years ago I got into running.

Prior to that I was only lifting weights etc. And before that just eating and lots of drinking. LOL

Since 2016 I've now ran 18 half marathons and 4 full marathons. One of the key things that keeps me going is CVH music. Something about it makes me feel youthful and full of energy.

So while I may have other music in my running playlist, the tunes always go back to CVH. Especially during times when I feel tired or not motivated. CVH is there to get me back up and "hit the ground running!"

Now I tell my 18 year old son that "Classic Van Halen music can either make you drink lots or actually work out a lot. The choice is yours."
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That’s great! With running make sure you have good shoes and best to buy them from a store that specializes for runners. It will keep injuries from the constant pounding from happening.

I like the benefits of swimming but doing laps gets boring. In the winter I do a lot of X-Country skiing. I got chased by a bull moose last year. Had to go through some trees his rack wouldn’t fit and man was I glad those trees were there.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My dentist got charged by a bear hiking. He had bear spray but he said it was scary as fuck. We don’t have many muggings but the bears, moose, cougars and bison will fuck you up. Seems like there are more attacks but more people running around.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That’s great! With running make sure you have good shoes and best to buy them from a store that specializes for runners. It will keep injuries from the constant pounding from happening.

I like the benefits of swimming but doing laps gets boring. In the winter I do a lot of X-Country skiing. I got chased by a bull moose last year. Had to go through some trees his rack wouldn’t fit and man was I glad those trees were there.
    Yup. I always make sure I have good shoes. Its been a process over some years to come down to the type of shoe that was good for me and long distance running. Running has been a life changer to say the least. Certainly keeps me away from booze. lol

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My dentist got charged by a bear hiking. He had bear spray but he said it was scary as fuck. We don’t have many muggings but the bears, moose, cougars and bison will fuck you up. Seems like there are more attacks but more people running around.
    A couple - experienced hikers and campers - were recently attacked by a Grizzly in Banff, Alberta.

Unfortunately both of them and even their dog didn't make it.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Release this shit for Christ's sake!!!

That new set of Sammy shit should have been shelved for stuff like this.

Release it all! Album by album and tour by tour!

DLR7884
    Oh, and fuck Wolf and his bat shit crazy mother!
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Every time Valerie posts a Instagram video she looks like she’s ready to paint the walls with her own feces.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    A couple - experienced hikers and campers - were recently attacked by a Grizzly in Banff, Alberta.

Unfortunately both of them and even their dog didn't make it.
    More people venturing into bear country and the bear populations are rising. If I left bird seed in a bird feeder outside my house I can guarantee it would attract a black or grizzly bear. We have to have special garbage cans to keep the bears out of them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Yup. I always make sure I have good shoes. Its been a process over some years to come down to the type of shoe that was good for me and long distance running. Running has been a life changer to say the least. Certainly keeps me away from booze. lol
    I did most my boozing in college and high school. When you are approaching 60 you can’t abuse yourself like you were 18.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was talking to Orianthi and she was a TC Electronics endorser and she used to use a lot of effects and she said it ruined her sound. She uses very little effects now. We both agreed the less you have in the signal chain the more of your playing will come through.
    I participated in a jam with a bunch of new friends several weeks ago. My setup was my Fender telecaster and a Peavey delta blues 2x10, some overdrive and reverb. One guy was playing a Gibson ES-335 through effects pedals and boutique amp, his signal was so processed you couldn’t even tell he was playing a Gibson ES-335. A couple guys told me my tone was awesome (in spite of my hack playing skills), yet I didn’t have the desire explain why.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I use a FUCHS Train 45 into a FUCHS 2x12 loaded with Warehouse Veteran 30’s. I use a Fryette Power station to keep the volume manageable. I use a SG, Jimmie Vaughan Strat and a Les Paul Standard. I use no pedals at all. I get lots of compliments on my sound and one kid cracked me up when he was amazed he could feel it like that was something new to him.

But you don’t hear singing amps anymore. It’s chug a chug a chug.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, you don't hear amps singing much unless its blues/jazz oriented music these days...

Loved that reference on feeling the sound... I was training a youngster (20 yr old) to back me up on my live sound audio engineering job and was explaining how I know when I've got the kick-drum and bass dialed in correctly. Had him stand in the center of the production booth, which is aligned center stage about 40 feet back on a 1-foot riser.... and close his eyes. Then asked what he felt in his feet and upper abdomen/diaphragm area. He said it felt like his feet were buzzing and he was getting gut punched from the kick drum. Told him that's when you know you're there...

I still have a pedal board in my rig but most the time don't use effects much unless it's a specific song or style... like my Uni-Vibe for Hendrix style, occasional Phaser or Chorus. I'll use my Boss Blues Driver for punch, but it's set pretty low. The only thing I use most the time is a digital delay set about 85% dry into my clean channel. I run a Fender Blues Deluxe clean and shimmery and have a modded Marshall AVT-50 that I set just barely distorting. Used an A/B switcher and combined get a really warm harmonic tone... the delay in the clean channel is about 15 ms which creates a nice stereo effect. Also play a Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Strat or a custom Strat I built a few years ago. If I want to play pretty stuff, I've got an ESP TN-6N hybrid acoustic/classical electric with nylon strings and run it thru the same rig...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    This is a PERFECT post.

Exactly.

Wolfgang is a nepo kid.

Those have always been around, in all industries.

He may well believe he's where he is today because of his talent vs. his lineage. Would certainly explain his attitude re: some of the comments he's made. Honestly, I can't even bring myself to dislike him, mostly because I doubt he knows anything else even if he seemingly should know better.

I can't even be sure exactly who would have to sign off on an official release of all that CVH 'vault' stuff...is it Alex? Wolfgang? Warner Brothers? Was it that Ed never really wanted any of that stuff released but began to acquiesce, then passed away and Alex and Wolfgang think they're honoring what Ed would have wanted all along? Who the fuck really knows? I mean, if the stuff didn't get a release because Wolfgang has unilateral control, then yeah, as a CVH fan I'd say Wolfgang can go fuck himself with respect to that decision. Beyond that, I can't really be bothered with whatever he tweets...gave the Mammoth album a listen and going forward I can't be bothered with his musical output, either. Not my cup of tea.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Of interest to me is recalling all the interviews Ed gave where he claimed that when the band was recording the first album he really didn't know anything about laying down backing guitar tracks and soloing over them. How he supposedly asked Ted if it'd be alright if he just played live because he wasn't knowledgeable about how to lay down backing tracks and solo over them.

Yet with the demos there're plenty of tunes with multiple guitar tracks, and I'm assuming the demos - the Zero/Simmons ones - were done a year in advance of the band recording their first WB album.

Kinda along the lines of how Ed used to claim his main influence was Eric Clapton, when Ed used to bullshit in interviews to make it appear like he was this wunderkind wizz kid who came out of nowhere type-thing.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Ed was pretty much inexperienced in the professional recording techniques in 77/78 early on. Especially layering multiple guitar tracks. They were predominately a live working band up until then.

For those demos majority of the multitracking was just micing the amp on one track and adding a room mic on another track. Then blending the mixdown to achieve a nice stereo effect dropping all the tracks to a 2-track master.

I believe Eddie was a musical genius to a degree but wasn't all that smart overall when it comes to general knowledge...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mmmm...no, it was more a case of Ed bullshitting that he didn't know how to overdub when recording the first album, because he already had experience overdubbing prior to recording the first album.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nothing in the vault huh Wolf ? My goodness the Van Halen camp is a joke sometimes. Sometimes ?!! I see Wolf is blaming Roth for A.D.K.O.T. disappearing from streaming. He said Roth doesn't like the album ? Bizarre. Probably the heaviest V.H. album. Certainly production wise. And some of Roth's best lyrics ever. Some things never change......Been awhile people. I see many are still around. Cheers.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    Nothing in the vault huh Wolf ? My goodness the Van Halen camp is a joke sometimes. Sometimes ?!! I see Wolf is blaming Roth for A.D.K.O.T. disappearing from streaming. He said Roth doesn't like the album ? Bizarre. Probably the heaviest V.H. album. Certainly production wise. And some of Roth's best lyrics ever. Some things never change......Been awhile people. I see many are still around. Cheers.
    Wolf is a fucking douche.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Don't worry mom, we'll fatten her up. But she really loves me for me...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Trying to find Wolf’s dick in all those folds of fat would be like trying to find the spare house key in the bottom of the average woman’s purse. I imagine the honeymoon was quite boring.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Doggy style be like getting rear ended by an oil tanker. Wolf on top means death by crushing.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and Val. We all know you were once married to Eddie Van Halen. No need to constantly remind us.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, you don't hear amps singing much unless its blues/jazz oriented music these days...

Loved that reference on feeling the sound... I was training a youngster (20 yr old) to back me up on my live sound audio engineering job and was explaining how I know when I've got the kick-drum and bass dialed in correctly. Had him stand in the center of the production booth, which is aligned center stage about 40 feet back on a 1-foot riser.... and close his eyes. Then asked what he felt in his feet and upper abdomen/diaphragm area. He said it felt like his feet were buzzing and he was getting gut punched from the kick drum. Told him that's when you know you're there...

I still have a pedal board in my rig but most the time don't use effects much unless it's a specific song or style... like my Uni-Vibe for Hendrix style, occasional Phaser or Chorus. I'll use my Boss Blues Driver for punch, but it's set pretty low. The only thing I use most the time is a digital delay set about 85% dry into my clean channel. I run a Fender Blues Deluxe clean and shimmery and have a modded Marshall AVT-50 that I set just barely distorting. Used an A/B switcher and combined get a really warm harmonic tone... the delay in the clean channel is about 15 ms which creates a nice stereo effect. Also play a Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Strat or a custom Strat I built a few years ago. If I want to play pretty stuff, I've got an ESP TN-6N hybrid acoustic/classical electric with nylon strings and run it thru the same rig...
    Try your Jimmie Vaughan Strat through a FUCHS Casino or Overdrive Supreme amp. You will love it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I left my Jimmie Vaughan completely stock including the flimsy 50’s style pick guard. Set it up the way I like with some 9-48 nickel wounds and It’s breaking in and getting even better.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Wolf is a fucking douche.
    He's not a fucking douche!

Would a fucking douche give People magazine exclusive wedding photos? Huh?!?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    I want to find a "YouTube to MP3 service" to capture the audio from YouTube videos. Does anyone have any suggestions? I always expect I'm going to download a trojan or virus or malware with these downloads.

Thanks!
    Jdownloader2 for mac or PC.... Free app.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wonder if a lossless Flac or Wav version exists? I mean beggars can't be choosers. lol

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIMO View Post
    Wonder if a lossless Flac or Wav version exists? I mean beggars can't be choosers. lol
    Does it exist? Definitely. Has it turned up online yet in that form? Unfortunately not. Believe me, I've looked for it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thanks Ford! I used to be an audio engineer and kinda got spoiled to fidelity. I mean I'm not an audiophile snob, but
    I do collect 24/196, 24/96 flac, Aiff, Wav, etc... Thanks for the reply man. Let me know if you hear of anything. Rock on!
    Last edited by PRIMO; 10-30-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Getting used to the forum. I'll do reply with quote next time.... Sorry.
    Last edited by PRIMO; 10-30-2023 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information