Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VAN HALEN Demos Leaked in Perfect Quality

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Jesus...this is one of the '77 demos (unreleased song) re-recorded during the DIVER DOWN sessions!! (I think)

HOLY GRAIL SHIT!!
    This is great stuff!
    I can understand why maybe they didn't put it out as a standalone like Ed said in one interview.
    It's not a studio record, but it wasn't supposed to be. It's the band as they were. And they were great!
    The quality could be improved even further today. You can probably get better separation.
    Ed's guitar is a lot darker than on the finished recordings.

How about remaster ADKOT rerelease on cd and vinyl and throw this in as a bonus cd? You add a booklet with Dave and Al talking about it. The mix is done so why not? I would buy it.
    Last edited by nick500; 10-30-2023 at 11:12 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    He's not a fucking douche!

Would a fucking douche give People magazine exclusive wedding photos? Huh?!?
    Ha! The same guy who’s crying that the entertainment press were infiltrating the hospital while his dad was dying gives the rags his wedding photos.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIMO View Post
    Thanks Ford! I used to be an audio engineer and kinda got spoiled to fidelity. I mean I'm not an audiophile snob, but
    I do collect 24/196, 24/96 flac, Aiff, Wav, etc... Thanks for the reply man. Let me know if you hear of anything. Rock on!
    Audiophiles are certifiable. After awhile they start to see little fairies flying out of the speakers.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nick500 View Post

How about remaster ADKOT rerelease on cd and vinyl and throw this in as a bonus cd? You add a booklet with Dave and Al talking about it. The mix is done so why not? I would buy it.
    That's not likely because Warner Brothers has the demos, but they don't have rights to ADKOT, as it was released on Interscope records. The fact that ADKOT has recently been pulled from all the streaming services might be an indication that ownership could be changing, but at least as of now, not legally possible. Unless UMG (Interscope's parent company) buys WB records... like they have almost every other record label on the planet, except for Sony.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Ha! The same guy who’s crying that the entertainment press were infiltrating the hospital while his dad was dying gives the rags his wedding photos.
    Exactly.

Such 'exclusive access' is always good for 50k an article/photo (or whatever the current market value of Wolfgang Van Halen is).

It's why Valerie was doing countless numbers of those "I was fat but now I'm thin again!!" interviews with the rags over the decades.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is an absolutely spectacular haul!
    Thank you so much to everyone in the chain that led to it being here!

Ione question: in the Mega download link, the MP3s are clearly from 4 discs, but only the Ted Templeman Demos are given an album name - the other 3 discs are all labelled Outtakes - which means they show up in iTunes kinda wrong - all the 01's, then all the 02's etc etc.

I don't suppose anyone has listings of the 4 discs do they? I do like a nice organised iTunes library!

If not, I'll piece it together myself and post it here - but I figured I'd ask first in case someone has already done it....

Thanks again - feels like Christmas morning!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    That's not likely because Warner Brothers has the demos, but they don't have rights to ADKOT, as it was released on Interscope records. The fact that ADKOT has recently been pulled from all the streaming services might be an indication that ownership could be changing, but at least as of now, not legally possible. Unless UMG (Interscope's parent company) buys WB records... like they have almost every other record label on the planet, except for Sony.
    The 10 year distribution contract with Introscope expired last year. In order for ADKOT to be on the open market a new distribution contract is required. It opens up negotiations for terms, which can be difficult if any of the parties want more than they feel they deserve... Welcome to real business.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    The 10 year distribution contract with Introscope expired last year. In order for ADKOT to be on the open market a new distribution contract is required. It opens up negotiations for terms, which can be difficult if any of the parties want more than they feel they deserve... Welcome to real business.
    This is something Fatty clearly doesn't understand therefore its big bad Dave who pulled ADKOT off streaming platforms. Lol

It stands as the final VH album. I have no doubt Alex and Dave would still want it available. And perhaps there will be some re-release at some point.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    …and maybe nobody gives a fuck. There’s no money in recorded music anymore and lawyers cost money. It’s not worth the trouble.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Exactly.

Such 'exclusive access' is always good for 50k an article/photo (or whatever the current market value of Wolfgang Van Halen is).

It's why Valerie was doing countless numbers of those "I was fat but now I'm thin again!!" interviews with the rags over the decades.
    Val admitted she was worried about running out of money. Her and Ed kept their money separate but both agreed to put a sizable amount into a trust for Wolfgang. With her income not being what it was and donating a large chunk to Wolf’s trust fund Val is always looking for a revenue stream. She’s promoting another cook book. To be honest, I think she’s a good cook and being a good food personality can be lucrative. She needs to stop acting stupid and acting crazy on social media though. Social media is a horrible psychiatrist couch. Especially if you are well known. People share too much.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-02-2023 at 12:01 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well it’s typical for parents who are not getting along and who have problems to spoil the kid. It’s about compensating for guilt and failure. I’m reading Tonechaser. Ed was done with Val but held on because they had a son together but that marriage was unhappy for a long time. Ed blamed Val for Wolfgang being fat and called her a control freak.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyways another day in La Fucka de Van Halen cassa.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sammy is so upset he couldn’t milk money off Ed’s death. He hates Al for messing that up so bad he can’t hide his frustration.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stay in the bunker Al. I’m enjoying seeing Sam vent that you won’t talk to him. Ha! Ha! Oh well. Sam and Sauce travel around reminding all their fat and aging fans they were once in Van Halen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We will see who has the bigger mental break down first. Valerie, Wolfie or Sammy. Ha! Ha! Mike will just continue to eat pork rinds and be happy.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Al is like all of you stay the fuck away from me!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Al did escape from that train wreak with his sanity.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Val admitted she was worried about running out of money. Her and Ed kept their money separate but both agreed to put a sizable amount into a trust for Wolfgang. With her income not being what it was and donating a large chunk to Wolf’s trust fund Val is always looking for a revenue stream. She’s promoting another cook book. To be honest, I think she’s a good cook and being a good food personality can be lucrative. She needs to stop acting stupid and acting crazy on social media though. Social media is a horrible psychiatrist couch. Especially if you are well known. People share too much.

Which, I mean, I get it...people gotta make a buck one way or another.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stay in the bunker Al. I’m enjoying seeing Sam vent that you won’t talk to him. Ha! Ha! Oh well. Sam and Sauce travel around reminding all their fat and aging fans they were once in Van Halen.
    Youtube cant distinguish between CVH and Van Hagar so I sometimes get Van Hagar vids in my feed.

Apparently Sam and Sauce have been doing a sit down/unboxing of the Van Hagar remasters. The video thumbnail looks funny as fuck. They look like they live together both of them sitting on the couch. LOL
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 11-02-2023 at 03:34 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They look like Ernie and Bert. Ha! Ha!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    So.....on copyright issues....

My personal experience after I uploaded the video I made of Van Halen's last show.

I certainly expected at least the record label to make some kind of copyright claim.

But....zero.

I uploaded around the same time, a video I created of their show in Nashville in 2012. It DID get copyright dings. The youtube algorithm claimed that one or two songs were from the Live In Japan album, which of course was impossible.

But, even though there was a copyright ding, there was no action taken. No order that I remove it.
    I am sure because I never seek to monetize any concert video I create. It is not my music. I am not going to try to profit off someone else's work.

The thing is, the business matters are going to be generally controlled by Al, Wolfy, and to some extent, Uncle Dave.

Certainly I can assume a decision was made somewhere along the line concerning the video of Van Halen's last show not to ding me at all, as for reasons I have
    outlined elsewhere, it is a document of Rock History, I was never seeking to profit from it, and most of all, it should be available for the fans.

It seems to me when it comes to boots, the Van Halen organization can be fairly lenient.

But then, what do I know?

I am just some fat failed musician living in my Mom's basement, according to Krusty.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-22-2023 at 06:18 PM.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post

Don't worry mom, we'll fatten her up. But she really loves me for me...

Maybe she releases everything once Wolf dies of a heart attack..

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He’s probably already in the early stages of heart disease and pre diabetic. If he has high cholesterol and high blood pressure he could drop anytime. He seems to be a depressive personality. He goes back to being a sad case no matter how much success he’s having. In my experience depressives are the hardest to motivate. In fact it)s a minority of people who can make the necessary life changes and stuck with them. It’s way more than dieting.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I doubt Wolf see’s a doctor on a regular basis. Sometimes to insure a tour the insurance company requires checkups for band members.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Maybe she releases everything once Wolf dies of a heart attack..
    Alex holds the controlling interest in the Van Halen catalog not Wolfgang. From what's been stated publicly Wolf only gets a vote representing Edward's interest.

No one has spoken about what legal control passes on when AVH dies... I suspect it goes into a trust for his sons. But I would be real interested to hear who the executor of the trust is. If it goes to AVH's sons they could cash in releasing the mountain of recordings that exist...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alex holds the controlling interest in the Van Halen catalog not Wolfgang. From what's been stated publicly Wolf only gets a vote representing Edward's interest.

No one has spoken about what legal control passes on when AVH dies... I suspect it goes into a trust for his sons. But I would be real interested to hear who the executor of the trust is. If it goes to AVH's sons they could cash in releasing the mountain of recordings that exist...
    I hope Al's kids stick to the fat fuck when Al passes!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Warner Brothers probably owns the music. As far as trusts go there’s only one if one is set up. Unless there is a prenuptial agreement the wife is who inherits the estate. I don’t think there are a ton of unreleased songs.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    5150 was Ed’s property. Clearly Wolfgang controls that. The tapes of riffs in the studio would belong to him. Alex controls the VH brand. EVH Gear is Wolfgang’s. Ed owned the stripes. All Al controls is the legal rights to sell anything tied to the Van Halen image.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I hope Al's kids stick to the fat fuck when Al passes!
    Fat Fuck hates his dad’s fans. All you are going to get from him is a Mammoth butt plug.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, but even assume any of that is true re: Wolfgang owns the rights (or at least has inherited Ed's rights as the sole heir of Ed's estate) ...so, now we have to wait for Alex and Wolfgang to die to MAYBE get some kind of officially authorized release containing whatever studio outtakes and/or live audio and video is being kept in Ed's home studio?

Yeesh.

I'll be content with whatever is leaked re: Donnington or the Diver Down outtakes recently uploaded by whoever online. If nothing else ever comes of that, it's fine.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, but even assume any of that is true re: Wolfgang owns the rights (or at least has inherited Ed's rights as the sole heir of Ed's estate) ...so, now we have to wait for Alex and Wolfgang to die to MAYBE get some kind of officially authorized release containing whatever studio outtakes and/or live audio and video is being kept in Ed's home studio?

Yeesh.

I'll be content with whatever is leaked re: Donnington or the Diver Down outtakes recently uploaded by whoever online. If nothing else ever comes of that, it's fine.
    Alex’s wife will inherit the Van Halen franchise and her brother Ray Daniel’s will manipulate her in an attempt to cash in.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha! So much for the Donnington footage. It was nice while it lasted. Maybe the Marshall Berle sex tapes will surface next.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    5150 was Ed’s property. Clearly Wolfgang controls that. The tapes of riffs in the studio would belong to him. Alex controls the VH brand. EVH Gear is Wolfgang’s. Ed owned the stripes. All Al controls is the legal rights to sell anything tied to the Van Halen image.
    Not so sure control of the tape archives from 5150 studio conveyed to Wolfgang. The physical property with the house and outbuildings it appears he got. Those recordings fall under Intellectual Property (IP) classifications, and I assume control of that falls under the governing LLCs for Van Halen Music Inc. Alex controls all that...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not so sure control of the tape archives from 5150 studio conveyed to Wolfgang. The physical property with the house and outbuildings it appears he got. Those recordings fall under Intellectual Property (IP) classifications, and I assume control of that falls under the governing LLCs for Van Halen Music Inc. Alex controls all that...
    Depends on what’s on the tapes. If it was recording Ed noodling I doubt that’s intellectual property. You could argue anything that has the band as a whole playing could be. It’s a grey area.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was expecting a big mess when Ed went. Surprisingly it doesn’t seem to be. He apparently had good estate planners.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was expecting a big mess when Ed went. Surprisingly it doesn’t seem to be. He apparently had good estate planners.

Ed was more or less sober when he went, so he proably planned things well. Maybe Janie and Wolfie had something to do with that...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post

Don't worry mom, we'll fatten her up. But she really loves me for me...
    Was Alex at the wedding? I can't found anything about that.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Depends on what’s on the tapes. If it was recording Ed noodling I doubt that’s intellectual property. You could argue anything that has the band as a whole playing could be. It’s a grey area.
    Well... considering that every Van Halen composition, released or not, was recorded at 5150 from 1983 to 2020 with the exception of the final production recordings from ADKOT and some of the final masters from everything else. Every working version of songs Ed and various band members composed came out of 5150.

Since they lost the cataloging of all those tapes... there's no way stuff could be segregated from Ed only or band produced material. One can hope someone gathered all those tapes and properly packaged them up and hauled the whole lot to Pacific Titles for proper storage and eventual cataloging. That's a lot of very valuable recordings...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All arguments lawyers would make but 5150 was also part of a private residence and a private practice space. Unless the tape was made as a band project it could be classified as a home practice tape. Now what really complicates things is Alex was part of the band. If he’s drumming on any of it it could be classified as a Van Halen tape.

Ed didn’t write songs. He wrote riffs. I think those tapes are just hours on hours of riffs. Not completed songs. It might be interesting for guitar nerds. Not so much to the general fan base.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-02-2023 at 01:03 PM.

Thread Information