• Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    What are we "agreeing" on?
    s
    I was referencing the agreement made with GOP support...
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Kristy, you Do realize literal WWIII is the downside of no peace. WWIII with nukes.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
        I love Ukranians! I don't believe we should just allow Russia to have their way and march into countries.

Having said that, it's fair to say we as an international community haven't put 1/100 the effort into finding a peaceful path forward. Throwing cash and with very questionable oversight is a big issue, especially given the economic circumstances. We can just do better. Its a failure of leadership, not just the US. This is a war that didn't have to happen and failing that I think we could have found an end with the political will.

I think we need better international coordination on the Israel question. It was clear 50 years ago the approach was flawed. I don't think I really want to comment on it right now given recent events. I do share your concerns over a never-ending conflict and some of the corruption that is well known. Its a complicated question. I think there are countires with more diabolical acts and agendas than Israel in the region though.
        Okay, what is "the peaceful path forward?"

It's okay to abduct Ukrainian children and send them to Russia? You can take land and then it will be bargained away to you? Crimea? Let's get that one in! It was Russian originally, right? The Tartars don't matter?

Sup Hitler, we'll give you Czech if you don't hurt us!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Kristy, you Do realize literal WWIII is the downside of no peace. WWIII with nukes.
          Fuck 'em. Nukes it is, the Russian shit doesn't seem to work all that well....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You love Ukrainians to death!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Russian isn't ever gonna use nukes, because they believe (rightly or wrongly) Ukraine still kept a few tactical nukes they can put in Moscow....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And even a tactical nuke in the Ukraine, NATO activates and Russian MOD ceases to exist with conventional weapons (initially)...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It's okay to abduct Ukrainian children and send them to Russia? You can take land and then it will be bargained away to you? Crimea? Let's get that one in! It was Russian originally, right? The Tartars don't matter?

If I had that answer, I would be quite the hero wouldn't I?

Like everything it's super complicated. It's possible there is nothing we can do...posturing, saying we will just support for all time, and allowing a slow death for Ukraine is the current approach.

A bunch of missteps with a number of Russian oil customers and alliance partners from the West has kind of made a really tough geopolitical power structure.

The West has weakened itself with a number of poor policy items. That is a rabbit hole I dont want to explore because I know we will disagree there...

I would say a different leadership path...any different leadership path, puts us in a better spot. No way to know of course. It's hard to imagine things being handled worse in the West these last 5-8 years or so.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Update! ��MASSIVE�� John Kirby admits that funding for Ukraine “is coming to the end of the rope”.

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Things were so much more simple when it was all the Soviet Union and eastern block.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction) only works when sane people are in charge. Nobody wants to go there. With the stupid crazy bastards running things now we are fucked. But hey, nukes will clean up our shitty cities. It will solve the homeless problem.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If I had that answer, I would be quite the hero wouldn't I?

Like everything it's super complicated. It's possible there is nothing we can do...posturing, saying we will just support for all time, and allowing a slow death for Ukraine is the current approach.

A bunch of missteps with a number of Russian oil customers and alliance partners from the West has kind of made a really tough geopolitical power structure.

The West has weakened itself with a number of poor policy items. That is a rabbit hole I dont want to explore because I know we will disagree there...

I would say a different leadership path...any different leadership path, puts us in a better spot. No way to know of course. It's hard to imagine things being handled worse in the West these last 5-8 years or so.
                              I didn't know cowards that give into fascists are "heroes". Although Neville may get bad wrap...

"Slow death for the Ukraine"? What about a moderate paced death for Russia?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Things were so much more simple when it was all the Soviet Union and eastern block.
                                Not really, towards the end it was apparent the Soviet Communist Party was devolving into absolute corruption resulting in the Oligarchism we have now. There's a reason the Wall fell and the Soviets dissoluted....

Comment

Working...