X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martial
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2024

DLR Jump new version

Hello everyone, I'm from Belgium and new on board.
    On 1st december, David Lee Roth has shared a new solo version of the VAN HALEN classic "Jump".
    It disappeared from YouTube. Anyone have a link to download it ?
    Thanks.
    Martial.
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Can't say it was really worth saving... it was a recording made of a practice session at Henson Studios with Dave's backing band that was using for his planned final shows in Las Vegas that got cancelled due to COVID and never rescheduled. It used a prerecorded keyboard track that had a timing signature that made everything sound bland as cheap white bread... drums and bass sucked...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• martial
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jan 2024

Thanks for those informations, but why it disappeared ? I just need this version in digital format like all the others !

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Why? Just read Zah's post again.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• martial
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jan 2024

it seems that this website is not very welcoming.
          I want to own this version even if the webmaster doesn't like it.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We're more than welcoming. If someone downloaded it, I'm sure they'd share it.

Dave's remixes and do-overs of VH songs aren't really well received here. Doesn't surprise me if no one has saved it.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mushroom
              Commando
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by martial
              On behalf of all the grumpy old men here, Welcome! These grumpy old men have too many afflictions to be happy. Next time, try coming in with guns blazing.

I hope you find what you’re looking for… maybe try internet search with keywords. Sometimes the word “blog” included in search will help point me in the right direction for these kinds of artifacts. Go check out eBay or Amazon for bootlegs.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

martial,

None of the Webmasters, or anyone else, gives a fuck if you have a copy of that horrible version of "Jump". We have nothing to do with Youtube, or this version getting deleted from there, or anywhere else. I'm sure if one of the members here downloaded it, they'd be more than willing to share it with you. I know of no one that liked it well enough, to download it.

Maybe Kristy. You should PM her and ask her if she has it saved.

Comment

• Catfish
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Can't say it was really worth saving... it was a recording made of a practice session at Henson Studios with Dave's backing band that was using for his planned final shows in Las Vegas that got cancelled due to COVID and never rescheduled. It used a prerecorded keyboard track that had a timing signature that made everything sound bland as cheap white bread... drums and bass sucked...
                  Bland as cheap white bread? Compared to what? The Van Hagar albums stacked by your stereo? A webmaster of a DLR site bashing DLR's music--you make me sick!

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by martial
                    I agree! The people who run this site are most unsavory!

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Catfish prefers the new version of Jump. You might be on to something. The original was bad, so how much worse can the cover of it be?

Welcome back Catfish!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

In one of Eddie's last interviews he said the entire band hated it but he made them record it..

I don't mind Jump but it is the least favorite VH song, mainly it's nostalgia of seeing the video the first time and knowing that Van Halen was becoming mainstream and the world would be a little cooler with a bit less Michael Jackson and Springsteen and more Van Halen on. I recall prior to that MTV played the shit out of the Oakland live vids but wouldn't touch (oh)Pretty Woman...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jump was better than I'll Wait, at least. Not to mention better than every Van Hagar song. But it obviously doesn't belong in the same category as anything on the first 4 Van Halen albums. Or even the originals on Diver Down, for that matter.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            In one of Eddie's last interviews he said the entire band hated it but he made them record it..

I don't mind Jump but it is the least favorite VH song, mainly it's nostalgia of seeing the video the first time and knowing that Van Halen was becoming mainstream and the world would be a little cooler with a bit less Michael Jackson and Springsteen and more Van Halen on. I recall prior to that MTV played the shit out of the Oakland live vids but wouldn't touch (oh)Pretty Woman...
                            My initial reaction to the tune wasn't favorable overall...the main riff was a bit too...upbeat. Upbeat and overly repetitive. I did like the lyrics. I also like the guitar solo and the synth passage that follows it. The tune was just...a bit TOO poppy in terms of what I wanted from Van Halen. Became their biggest tune chart wise but was far from my favorite. Point of fact, that tune would probably be closer to my least favorite out of everything Van Halen did with Dave. At least with the promo video the band looked fairly shitfaced, goofing around and having a good time.

When we first got cable tv/MTV in the fall of 1981, MTV did play those Oakland videos a lot. In retrospect, I suppose it was because MTV didn't have a massive music video playlist to draw from the first year or so when they were on the air. I remember MTV also played the three promo videos Billy Squier did for the Don't Say No album a lot. Along with the videos Rush did for Moving Pictures. What else? A LOT of Pat Benatar. The Go-Go's. Donnie Iris and that Ah-Leah! song. Tommy Tutone's 867-5309 (Jenny). Rick Springfield. The promo videos The Rolling Stones made for Tattoo You along with their live cover of Going To A Go Go.

Watched a ton of MTV until about 1985 or so.

Yeah, I never saw the (Oh)Pretty Woman Van Halen promo video until...jeez, maybe the mid to late 1990's. I can't even say I had even been aware in 1982 Van Halen had made a video for their cover of that tune, much less that it had been banned at the time. Maybe I had read about it back then in Creem magazine or something and just can't recollect it now.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Kurt Loder made a mean margarita.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...